1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

[Suggestion/Mod] Power Armor Tech - Crosspost from reddit

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Ishiga-san, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ishiga-san

Ishiga-san Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This was an idea for more likely a mod than a vanilla implementation as it requires a lot of spriting adaptation.

A special, maybe craftable tech blueprint composed of other tech blueprints and materials that make a sort of combination of techs and abilities. It'd take up all 4 tech slots to equip but it would allow powerful combinations of abilities, some of which you'd not be able to get otherwise. Limited flight/hovering, advanced weaponry, increased mining power, that sorta thing. I'm thinking it's be a constant, low-level drain on your energy bar while in use, or perhaps prevent regeneration of it while in use while consuming only so much for given actions.

How's this sound for an idea?

2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

As a mod. Sure go wild.

3. Amused2Death

Amused2Death Aquatic Astronaut

The skies the limit. With only very basic programming knowledge I could only imagine how difficult it would be to balance something like this. I will guess you will have your hands full with this one.

I can say this. The world is patiently waiting for the entire mod community to start creating in Starbound. They are already off to a great start, but still far away from the size of the mod community in that other game.....that we will not mention here.

4. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

SKYRIM
    This one blew my mind: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8655
    Or well... Any other Bethesda game has awesome moding community.

Sure as a mod, I'd like to see something like this but the crazy ammount of work, I can't imagine that.

5. Amused2Death

Amused2Death Aquatic Astronaut

Skyrim had the most amazing mod community ever. I say the sky is the limit in a game like this, well the universe was the limit in that game. I would pay money for a texture overhaul in a game like this though. Before Starbound came out, looking at all the tiny pictures, I thought the graphics were cleaner. On a 52 inch, not so much.

6. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Mod Section:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/

Suggestion Section:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?forums/suggestions/

7. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I don't think it's possible for it to occupy all slots, but everything else you mentioned is definitely possible and most of it has even already been done. There's mining mechs, there's advanced weaponry mechs, and one mech could already cycle through his weapons with a button click. It's pretty basic Lua, although implementing ALL of that into a single mech will take quite a bit of time. Especially if you want custom art work for each and every function.

8. Ishiga-san

Ishiga-san Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well if the mods can move threads, please do. It was late and a very sudden idea that I didn't wanna lose by passing out. lol

Yeah that's was the only real hard part of my suggestion. This would require a complete rework of the player sprite upon activation for it to achieve the desired effect really but I'm not at all versed in this sort of thing and I'm a surprisingly crappy spriter only because it's been way way too long since I've done it. Or had a means to, no less.

Serenity likes this.