Suggestion About Main Story

Discussion in 'Other' started by CaptainFoxx, Nov 23, 2017.

1. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

So the main story line of missions is pretty good, you hunt clues, go on a mission to somewhere unique and special to grab a mystical artifact tied to six of the seven major species in the game, and bring it back to the big stone gate in the ARK.

Its quite fulfilling and you gain a lot of allies at the end, but ONE THING really bothers me about it.

The human artifact feels like a cop-out, story wise. you get five relics, but then everyone is all "Where's the last relic? No one knows anything about it!" And then Esther pulls it out from behind her like "Lol, nope, I had it with me the whole time! GG alls!"

I felt like more could have been done with this. If the devs ever decide to rework the story (Unlikely as it seems) I would suggest they add an honest human-centric mission to the story, and make it a two parter at that!

Part One: Esther does know how to FIND the artifact, but it means going BACK to earth, infiltrating the ruins of the protectorate headquarters, fighting your way through tentacled horrors and corrupted reanimated former protectorate guardians. Working your way down to the VAULT where the coordinates for the human relic are stored, but before it can be gathered, the twisted corrupted form of Leda Portia drops in to stop you, unable to resist the will of ruin. So after taking her out you get the coordinates that Esther can decode, leading in to the second mission.

Part Two: The coordinates lead the player to the first protectorate station built, now overrun by those cultists that follow Asra Nox, beefed up with new, stronger weapons, who infiltrated the station, slaughtered the original inhabitants and are working to tear apart the station to find the last relic and destroy it before the player can find it. Progress is a mix of combat and switch puzzles, the boss is a GUARDIAN robot assigned to protect the relic, and you gotta fight that as well as more waves of cultists, but you eventually win, snag the master manipulator, and then open the gateway to Ruin.

I dunno, it feels more satisfying than what was already released.

EnigmaTardigrade and STCW262 like this.
  2. EnigmaTardigrade

EnigmaTardigrade Void-Bound Voyager

This. I really want to see more "Ruined" enemies since the ones on the Ruin are pretty underwhelming. At least in my opinion

3. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

Instead of scanning things I wish it were something like you get an actual map or clues of some sort and you have to actually fly to your destination. Just anything to make it more interactive than what it is now. Seeing the destroyed surface of Earth sounds pretty neat though

4. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

The end game kinda felt rushed to me, as though they ran out of ideas for the end game stuff

5. TehEpicDan

TehEpicDan Void-Bound Voyager

I both agree and disagree with this. I agree because it is sometimes hard to find good locations for the relics you're searching for, and it requires persistence to get all the clues you need.
    I disagree however, as the world is somewhat randomly generated. Yes, if you were to fly to the same space in one save file there'd be the same system with the same planets and all, but since your ship never starts in the same position, you'd have to either fly a long distance to get to the relic, if it was based off of map/clues (and how would you get the clues?) OR it would have to have something randomly generated in the area around your ship, which would make it easy to lose if you were to fly far away.
    This may still be a good idea though. Instead, consider if there were side-quests or new hubs you could unlock, for example a giant space-library where you could research books to locate the artifact, or perform side-quests for NPCs who could give you information that might help on your journey, making the whole artifact research feature more than a point and click scanning adventure.

6. Starfan87

Starfan87 Void-Bound Voyager

Meybe there could be a way. Like a special warp to a pocket dimension. Which the player can get back to his/hers planet anytime. And revisiting the planet would reset it. Actually i have a story suggestion of my own. Meybe the ark isnt all it seemed to be. The caretakers (ancient maybe?) turn out to be part of the ancient race. After you finish the ruin quest and also vault quest, one of them puts their hand on the wall and a staircase leading down or sometjing appears. As long as it takes you to a secret chamber. Then they tell you something mightier than the ruin is still there. Or after it blew up parts of it scattered the universe and those parts stuck to planets and infected them, thereby giving new metals a window of oppurtunity. Also, maybe in newer updates gas giants could be accesible. Anyway, one of my other suggestions is that asra becomes mutated by the ruin and becomes crazy strong, while battling her in the occulus dreadnought, planning to crash into the arc as one final attack, but you are beamed aboard. Attempting to stop her. Also (I'm done with story suggestion) it would be cool to visit civilized planets. Like a red mars planet with a ruler and everything.