REQUEST suggested idea - stackable/more durable fishing lures

Discussion in 'Mods' started by pixieNpixels, May 16, 2016.

1. pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just had the random idea to suggest stackable lures and more durable lures. I do realize that there is a mod out there that makes them unbreakable. But I feel like this is a tad too cheaty for my personal taste. I'm not wanting them to stack to 999 (that's just insanity). But perhaps stacks of somewhere between 5 and 20? Again this is just a thought/suggestion that occurred to me. Do with it what you will. :)

• wraith_magus

wraith_magus Space Spelunker

If they stack at all, then they'd probably stack to 999. It would take more intensive coding to change that. The thing is, durability cannot be tracked in a stack. If they stack, then they're invincible, which means you wouldn't even want more than one, anyway.

It might be possible to mod in durability in a stack by making it so that, say, there is a counter saying you get 50 casts before the tackle you have equipped breaks, but that would be based upon an external variable native only to the mod, and not relative to any particular tackle. (That is, you could equip one tackle, fish 49 times, take it off, put it in a chest, get a different tackle from a different chest, put it on, fish once, that tackle breaks, then go back and put your original tackle back on and it has 49 more uses to go before it breaks again... Not that this would matter for someone who just keeps one giant stack of trap bobbers on their rod at all times, but it would be a logical inconsistency, regardless.)

Making tackle more durable in general is more easily done, since I'm pretty sure they just have a "hit points" score you can jack up to make last longer.