1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Suffocating while on Friendly ships around Gentle stars.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Necryel, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Necryel

Necryel Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm finding that friendly ships spawning around Gentle stars seem to have no atmosphere in them roughly 30%-40% of the time. This error does not seem limited to the type of ship, but it does only happen on Friendly ships. Disembarking from the mech, while inside a Friendly ship, will sometimes bring up the air meter and it will countdown and start causing damage.

I'm currently playing a novakid and flying the default mech in my starting star system. Again, this is not with every Friendly ship, but it does happen on a reliable enough basis that the error seems to occur at least once every play session. Note, I'm not currently wearing an EPP

Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon?

2. Feeleep

Feeleep Void-Bound Voyager

You're not alone, I encountered this bug today under the same circumstances too. I haven't noticed it while investigating anomalies or hostile ships either, only while docking into friendly ships. It's annoying to deal with, especially when starting out without an EPP and you just want to explore a bit. Makes me wonder how the friendlies are actually living there haha.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Yeah this is really bad and should be hot-fixed asap

4. Jellyman

Jellyman Phantasmal Quasar

I don't remember if I encountered this, but I remember that when i didn't had any EPP, the AI was spamming because it "thought" that there is no oxygen (well maybe there really isn't?)

5. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

I got out of my mech inside a ship the NPC's were walking around like nothing was wrong but I had an oxygen bar

6. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

I have also encountered this issue.

7. AstroCat00

AstroCat00 Space Hobo

I started playing this game recently, and the very first friendly ship I encountered had this issue. Any fix?

8. Necryel

No patch issues yet, since I first brought up this issue. I have since tried this under all vanilla race types without mods of any kind. This bug occurs with every race with no race seeming to have any effect on the frequency of occurrence.

9. Starbrow

Starbrow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?! It's been almost a year and this is still going on.

10. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

4 months is a third of a year...
    the game has not been updated for a while. I bet there are mods that fix this

11. Necryel

No, it's been just about a year since I first raised this issue, and it's been happening since the game included friendly and pirate ships; so in truth it's been an issue for longer than a year. And no, there are currently no mods that I have tried so far which manage to fix this issue yet.

12. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I also found this issue, and it seems to be related to specific friendly ships (Namely, the research ships seem to be affected).

13. Hyphen1

Hyphen1 Intergalactic Tourist

Literally happened to me today. Still hasn't been fixed.

14. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Can confirm...it really suffocates you even if you're in the ship xD (Took off my epp for proof)
    upload_2019-7-25_22-8-21.png