1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Sudden lag in multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sakurin, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Sakurin

Sakurin Void-Bound Voyager

Today my Starbound client has experienced a sudden issue with lag in multiplayer. It is not lag in the sense that FPS drops, but lag in the sense that anything I send or recieve takes forever to update. This did not happen until earlier this day, multiplayer worked without issue until this point. From that point onward, every attempt to join a multiplayer session via Steam led to the game being unplayably slow. I can recieve messages from my fellow players, but the messages I send take forever to reach their destination. Likewise, any NPCs moving, any map updating, and any attempt from me to use crafting stations take forever to register. For the past hour or so, this has been consistently happening.

My operating system is Windows 10 Home, version 1511, and I am playing in windowed mode. I am not using any mods.

Note: I want to add that this is not happening to any of my friends, who have internet similar to my own.

2. Gammaboy45

Gammaboy45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just got a very similar problem. We were sitting next to each other, yet it very suddenly happened. The ping between each of us was too slow to be playable. It seemingly started around the Erchius Mining Facility, but it does not seem directly related to it. I'm starting to look for a solution as well.

3. soarin24

soarin24 Void-Bound Voyager

same here