Submarines

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by geomark123, Jun 24, 2013.

1. iCookiePL

iCookiePL Void-Bound Voyager

Submarines, I already can see the bugs coming, like crashing into the sea floor or just land
    But, is there anyone in galaxy who doesn't want his own, yellow submarine?

geomark123 likes this.
  2. Alxetora

Alxetora Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, yes, and more yes. I bet the devs could easily make some kind of ocean planet with underwater temples and whatnot. Perhaps the deep sea could be dark, requiring a submarine with proper lighting, and smaller submarines for cave exploration. Volcanic vents would be awesome as well.

geomark123, Chucklehead and Gears like this.
  3. Croyd

Croyd Big Damn Hero

Would be nice to have something like the flying sub from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

geomark123 likes this.
  4. Subtrance

Subtrance Seal Broken

Seeing as how we have, or will have an ocean biome submarines and mini-battleships (destroyers) should be mandatory. Doesn't have to be the WW2 or modern times, they can be the classical French types pre-WW1 or what the Americans built during their civil war. Would be neat having iron-type ships and submarines.
    (Am a Canadian so trying to be open with this while accepting.)

geomark123 likes this.
  5. crazygamer2255

crazygamer2255 Phantasmal Quasar

I can imagine this being planned already, but i definitely am going to say yes and i want this just incase

6. Potato Shogun

Potato Shogun Big Damn Hero

I NEED THIS

7. Aquias

Aquias Pangalactic Porcupine

I like it.

8. geomark123

geomark123 Title Not Found

This isen't doing so well.:seriously:

9. zir

zir Big Damn Hero

;_; YES PLEASE, ALSO IT WOULD BE FUN IF THE SUBMARINE HAS A HEALTH BAR

10. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

Let's be honest though, if they were to put submarines in the game and they decide to keep the vehicle system as it is know (the mechs and jeeps being a tech) we can probably excpect submarines to be techs aswell.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  11. conman247

conman247 Starship Captain

The submarine would be a good like, Mech suit for Ocean travel and should have like, an ore mining attachment so that other races can fully utilize Ocean Planets when they come around. Great idea!

12. geomark123

geomark123 Title Not Found

yea...i find it hard to mine in the water.

conman247 likes this.
  13. Javerick89

Javerick89 Void-Bound Voyager

It would be great to have to build submarine vehicles (that may be tech) to be able to submerge and explore the ocean planet's depths, even going into the Trench equivalent on the planets to find rare ores, blocks. The submarines would have mining capabilities (mining drill on the bow) as well as offensive (laser cannons), lighting. Might as well have a chest incorporated into it. There can be tiers of submarines, the tiers dependent on metal type (copper plating, silver plating etc). The higher the tier, the more pressure the submarine can stand as it reaches to further depths, withstand more damage etc. If a copper plated submarine goes too far, the submarine will take damage per second until to a safe level, all this would be indicated by a barometer.
    I don't know if this is too much, have the parts of the submarine and arrange them in four parts: drill, weapons, hull and electronics. The drill type is dependent on metal type, better metal = better drill. Same goes for hull type. You could install weapons you desire, even rockets that can break terrain or lasers that do more damage to underwater critters. The electronics would be systems you could install that give you better light, propeller speed, fuel efficiency (oh yeah you think it should use fuel or is that too much?) and mobility.
    When (I hope) mores quests enter the game, when you travel to Hylotl settlements they may ask you to go to a nearby cave and suggest to you to get yourself a submarine to get there (going there in a diving suit will kill you from the pressure). This is will force players to be able to build the submarines and then sometimes go, "hmm where else can I go with this submarine?"
    Please let us know if you like this idea. :)

14. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

So long as it's a nuclear submarine, loaded with missiles and bullets, with heat-seekers.
    Just wear a survival system. Easy.

conman247 likes this.
  15. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Submarines would be great for aquatic worlds, I could imagine the Hylotl one looking like an orca or a large shark.

conman247 likes this.
  16. conman247

conman247 Starship Captain

Or better yet, an actual orca or large shark.

17. Hawk Novablast

That would be way more awesome, I want to ride a Great White into battle :D

conman247 likes this.
  18. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

This would be a fantastic idea, if I could find any bodies of water that aren't 5 blocks deep...

conman247 likes this.
  19. Hawk Novablast

Its meant to be implemented when Ocean biomes and Hylotl villages are finally added.

MysticMalevolence and conman247 like this.
  20. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

YES, I CAN DROWN WITH STYLE.
    NOW.
    ALSO THIS IS NOW MORE AWESOME THAN EVER.

conman247 likes this.