Submarines

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by bucketman, Aug 28, 2015.

1. bucketman

bucketman Master Chief

i have always wanted to explore the magma/poison oceans but i cant cuz ill die so i thought maybe add in a new vehicle tech that's like boat or mech but a submarine it would just be a sub that can protect you from lava and poison and is controlled with the normal w.a.s.d keys to move and on the front of the sub it would have a light that you can control with the mouse it would cost 50 energy and it does not need this but might be a nice feature to add is torpedos that will fire to where your mouse is pointed.

2. Kamuly

Kamuly Void-Bound Voyager

that will be just awesome pal

3. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes. Just... yes. Imagine having a house inside a Lava ocean with a hatch to allow your sub in then drain all the lava. it would be a motion sensor door, connected to a "not" switch that activates a drain once the hatch re-closes. me --> :saywhat: IIII :fireball: <-- everyone who doesn't have the sub and tries to enter :up:

Picky Yuuto and PabloElPuas like this.
  4. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

If you wanted a house in a lava ocean couldn't you just put a teleporter in it so that you can just enter and leave without having to go down to the planet, hop into a sub and then swim everytime you wanted to enter and leave the house?

5. Joseph the wanderer

yes but how am i supposed to get my friends down there?

6. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

I suppose that is the biggest problem.... but you were also suggesting to remove all the lava using an airlock system.... how would you go about doing that?

7. Joseph the wanderer

it works by a wall sensor activating when the sub arrives outside, the sensor opens the door as well as trigger a "Not" switch (basically when it receives a signal it turns off) connected to a drain. The drain deactivates as the sub and lava goes in, then the sensor is no longer active, the door closes, and the drain activates removing the lava.

8. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

Ah okay then.
    Well I was never actually against the idea of a sub tech, I was just trying to think of a way for you to have your lava house. I tend to find the boat tech rather useless so a sub would be nice if only for the exploration part.

9. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

10. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

Great idea

11. Mister Pixel

Mister Pixel Big Damn Hero

That wall of text of yours could really use some punctuation marks.

12. timotheus

timotheus Void-Bound Voyager

The way vehicles now implemented in Glad Giraffe I think it would be pretty cool to have a submarine! We have 3 kinds of hover bikes and just one boat. Would love to see more kind of boats and vehicles :)

PabloElPuas likes this.
  13. TheSaladCartographer

TheSaladCartographer Aquatic Astronaut

Here i thought i came up with the idea but you had it 4 months ago :rofl:

But i think this is a great idea because i would love to be able to explore magma and poison oceans, since theres no way to do that currently, and especially since (thanks to admin mode i found this out) the world generation at the bottom of them is interesting and does have loot.

14. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Yes. I want this. I want it badly.

15. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Exploration of magma oceans is possible but is very time consuming and requires a lot of blocks. You simply build a tunnel you fill with dirt then clear out as you continue building the tunnel behind the dirt wall. The submarine idea could save so much time for the players who want to hide their base under the safety of a deadly ocean. (from other players).