1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stuttering Ever since new Beta update

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sugna, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Sugna

Sugna Space Hobo

Im getting really bad stuttering on stardew valley co-op and solo. I've played for like a hundred hours and never experienced this until the new update. My computers pretty shitty (HP PAVILLION 500) but it's got enough power to run a game like stardew valley. I've tried making it full screen, windowed, turning off all the graphic setting and checking for driver updates but i'm still getting the stuttering!!! I also uninstalled/reinstalled twice, turned my computer off and on, and turning it off and on fixed it for like 30mins then it stuffs up again.... I was playing the beta before and i am on the correct version. But before the beta was released, the game was running smoothly on single player.

https://log.smapi.io/3n8c20N7
    I uploaded this log after playing for a few minutes, the game consistently lagged after leaving my house and while i was fishing, then i disconnected.
    If anyone knows a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

• thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

Windows is not going to give you maximum performance out of that CPU and Mac will be even worse.
      What you need to do is install Xubuntu 18.04 (get used to that then migrate to Lubuntu).
      You want to get the Ubuntu Kernel update utility and use kernel 4.14, currently its at 4.14.60; it's the most stable desktop kernel for modern cpus.
      After bios loads you press ESC and then pick advanced, a choose boot with 4.14.60 as opposed to boot with 4.15;basically the number after the second dot tells you how mature/stable the kernel is. I can even help you configure the firewall for multiplayer. However, I've noticed that on Gog anyway, multiplayer is limited to LAN parties.

On Windows try rebooting in safe mode, check your task manager to make sure your CPU usage goes way down after boot, even if it does so in regular mode, still boot in safe mode. Before you do that, create a new admin user and install the game in there. As for coop, if you aren't using ethernet on LAN latency can cause what you describe. Also don't think Windows Stardew will play nice for Linux Stardew or that Windows Stardew will play nice with Windows Stardew; wrong. Windows is the least immutable when it comes to system configuration; another way of saying everyone's windows pc the OS is configured differently; especially if the OS of the Windows PC in question is less than Windows 10 which much improves in this area, but is technically still plagued especially if the Windows 10 build is not 1709 (The best build).

I should add, I have used the Mac and Linux build of Stardew 1.3 Final (August 1st release) and no single player lag, some multiplayer lag even though I am using the best configuration and freakin cables.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018