1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stuff outside destroyed overnight during Winter?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JMBAD, May 6, 2017.

1. JMBAD

JMBAD Space Hobo

Hi Forum - first time posting, but I couldn't find help anywhere else online.

I started a new day after launching my game to realize that most of my fences had been destroyed simultaneously and my lightning rods, crystalarium, and worm bin had just disappeared? Is this a bug or some kind of in-game natural disaster, like a blizzard? Any insight anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!
    JM

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

That has never happened to me. Are you using any mods?

• JMBAD

JMBAD Space Hobo

Nope. No mods at all.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Definitely a bug. While losing a bunch of fencing at the same time is possible (fences do have a limited life-span and it's possible for large segments of fencing to fail all at once), other craftables should not be destroyed except by the very occasional weed predation or lightning strike, and not all at the same time. There is no disaster event in the game capable of doing that. A meteor strike might take out a few if they're in an unlucky spot, but you'd have a big purple lump of rock there instead, obviously. Can you restore the backup save file (presuming you are using a computer version of the game and not console) to the previous day and see if it happens again?

Last edited: May 6, 2017
          • diegoweiller

diegoweiller Orbital Explorer

hey Lilliput by any chance dou you know if there is a way to tell de game to keep de .old files instead of replacing them? that would be handy... (sorry if i came with this out of blue in other peoples topic, i was just passing by and well whatever i guess '-')

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

There's no way to tell the game to automatically do that, but you can just go and make a backup whenever you like and copy those files to another folder the game won't touch. I suppose if you know anything about programming you could make a little auto-copy/paste macro that's easy to apply, but seems a bit too much trouble for my tastes.

diegoweiller likes this.
              • diegoweiller

diegoweiller Orbital Explorer

ow! i didn't even think on that lol, also thanks for the idea on the macro, c++ isn't my strong but i will see whatever other way, now that you gave the idea a .bat and the task schedule should be enough i guess :p