Modding Help Stuck on Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ferrum, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

Hi, I've tried to install various mods with little luck. The first I downloaded was the Matter Manipulator Plus mod, then I edited the player.config so I would not lose pixels upon dying. Then I edited the amount of pixels needed for a refinery. Starbound worked after that. But when I tried to install the Dark Souls Armor mod, it stopped working and won't move past the loading screen. I've verified the game cache and re-installed multiple times to no avail. One of which was on my computer rather than my External hard drive. The game worked, but my character was not there. I've tried to uninstall each mod, but nothing has helped. Any insight would be awesome.

2. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

upload the starbound.txt from your common/starbound folder please, should give us some idea.

3. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

It's not letting me upload a .txt file.

4. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

Make a zip file, Right Mouse: Move to > Compressed Zip File.

5. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

Ah..... Sorry... Hope that works

Attached Files:

6. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

Code:
    Error: Exception caught in Thread Async root loader: StarException: Duplicate projectile asset typeName DaS_largeswoosh. configfile /monsters/mods/mod_artoriasgear/items/projectiles/swoosh/broadsword/largeswoosh/das_largeswoosh.projectile
    This is what halts it from loading, try removing this .projectile or change it's name and then also change the projectile of any broadsword in the mod.

It's doing so because there is a projectile with the same name.

Edit: Further checking states that one copy of the swoosh is located in : /monsters/mods/mod_artoriasgear/items/projectiles/swoosh/broadsword/largeswoosh/DaS_largeswoosh.projectile

and one in : /mods/mod_artoriasgear/items/projectiles/swoosh/broadsword/largeswoosh/das_largeswoosh.projectile to /mods/mod_artoriasgear/items/projectiles/swoosh/broadsword/largeswoosh/DaS_largeswoosh.projectile

I'm not sure why and how you got to find this out yourself.

7. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

I'm sorry to ask, but would you be able to make the changes, then reupload? I'm not very savvy with this kind of stuff.

8. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

yeah sure, just upload mod_artoriasgear, also can you send me a picture of your monsters folder ? either starbound/monsters or assets/monsters. just make a printscreen

9. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

Here

Attached Files:

10. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

May I ask you why there is a mods folder inside your monster folder?

I see you're not using bootstrap.config to install your mods, please read this: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-proper-way-to-install-mods.41929/ and try to apply this to the mods you've got atm.

If you really don't understand this, I can help you out quite easily if you supply me with a list of links of the mods you've got installed but you should really try to understand this yourself..

11. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

I probably just accidentally dropped it in that folder, while just trying to move it into the assets folder. I understand the link you sent (and thank you for it), but I have one question. For every mod do you need to retype "assetsources", then "../assets" then the mod? Or do you just need to repeat the "../mods/blahblahblah ? Sorry if that is not very clear

12. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

sorry, I forgot to click "reply"

13. Ferrum

Ferrum Space Hobo

sorry, but you there?

14. Cayote

Cayote Aquatic Astronaut

Hmm seems like they've released the update that makes mod installation quicker, got to look into it.

15. Murlocking

Murlocking Astral Cartographer

Hey man, i'm working on a private mod for my friends and i and i'm having the same problem as this guy, game hang on the Loading Screen and won't get past this point.
    Think you could give me an hand ? You seem to know a lot about these stuffs :)

Here's my log file :

Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Offended Koala' '623' '424'
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Warn: Perf: Assets::loadVariant millis: 1320
    Warn: Slow asset 1.32 : /cinematics/splash.cinematic
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Created initial window 1672x1023
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Re-created window 1680x1003
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'
    Error: Exception caught in Thread Async root loader: StoredFunctionException: Error parsing StoredConfigFunction descriptor
    caused by: VariantException: Each point must be a list of size 2
    00605B08 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:14)
    004DCEEF (C:/starbound/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:130)
    004016D8 (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:302)
    0095162C (C:/starbound/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
    74D333CA
    77109ED2
    77109EA5

Warn: Perf: StarApplicationBase::run.innerLoop millis: 166
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'