1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Stuck on loading screen - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Master Porky, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Porky

Master Porky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ever since I updated my game to angry Koala, Starbound does not load. In fact all it does is sit at the loading screen and do nothing. I've let it "load" for 30 mins then I restarted my computer. I tried again but gave up after 45 mins. I checked Steam to find out that it was in compatibility mode. A turned it off and tried Starbound again but still no hope.

If anyone knows a solution to my problem please help immediately.

2. Coolred

Coolred Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am right there with you. Except I updated and played for like 10 minutes looking at all the new holiday items. I exited out for a little bit then came back and now I'm stuck on the loading screen. So I wonder why its not letting me get back on.

3. Master Porky

I just uninstalled the game and re downloaded it but there seems to be no changes.

4. Coolred

I was thinking about doing that. Also, using the new diagnostic tool it says that my steam is in compatibility mode, but when I went it turn it off it said it wasn't. So I'm still not entirely sure of a fix, but ill keep searching and post if I find something.

5. Master Porky

The diagnostic told me to turn off compatibility mode and overlay. I did that stuff but no positive results. I'm starting to lose hope.....

6. Master Porky

This is what my latest diagnostic said:

Scanning System

Number of processors: 4
    Processor architecture: x86
    Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
    ProcessAffinityMask: 0000000F
    SystemAffinityMask: 0000000F
    WindowsVersion: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

EnvAppId: 211820

Environment Compatibility Flags: ElevateCreateProcess

Done.

7. Slug

Slug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had that problem earlier, Pork. it stopped when I deleted all my mods. I've since had to re-install them and the game, then it worked perfectly. So it could be that.

8. Coolred

Yeah, I uninstalled the mods that I had,but re put back in all the custom recipes that I had and everything is fine. For some reason after updating the mods and putting them back in that seems to cause the endless loading screen. Not sure how to fix that since I've done what the creators said to update them.

EDIT: I am now able to play with the mods again, not sure what made it different this time around.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  9. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

Having the same issue, deleted my outdated mods and now I'm permanently stuck at the loading screen. Re-installing does not work for me, I've tried twice already.

10. Master Porky

Thanks! I think I deleted all my mods already but I should double check.

11. Hysro

Hysro Void-Bound Voyager

I dont even have mods and this is happening to me =(

I played fine after the Xmas update. Did the new update when I got home a cpl hours ago and now I cant get past the loading screens

Also, the Starbound Server just stops after checking for router for portforwarding

Bleh

12. Grilled Yakisoba

Grilled Yakisoba Master Chief

Having the same issue. I just wanna play Starbound and try out all the christmas stuff.

13. Prumple

Prumple Intergalactic Tourist

Yeah, my Starbound was working fine before the night before angry koala but now i'm stuck!

14. Master Porky

Well its nice to know I'm not the only one here with this problem. I'm trying everything in my power to fix this horrible bug. If I learn how to fix it, I will make sure that everyone of you can fix it too. Merry Christmas eve!

15. Master Porky

I have an idea. Can everyone send me a copy of what there diagnostic says so I can compare them to possibly find a problem/ solution? Thanks for the help.

16. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Post your starbound.log , on pastebin if it will fit, or attach it here if it won't.

17. Master Porky

How do you find your Starbound log? Is it the text document next to Starbound.config and Starbound_server in the Starbound folder?

18. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Should be it.

19. Master Porky

20. bartwe

bartwe Code Cowboy

" Duplicate augment name 'absorption' found. "
    I think your assets are out of sync, manually delete the assets folder and validate with steam.

RvLesh and Grilled Yakisoba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.