1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Stuck in launcher

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MrDrMuffinPants, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

I'm stuck in the launcher, I cannot access the game and the opengl mode just gets stuck on the chucklefish logo. Running XP currently cause i'm a cheap frick who cant afford a new computer.
    This screen haunts me [​IMG]

2. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

I've got the same problem.
    I'm using the Windows 7.

3. LurksInCorners

LurksInCorners Void-Bound Voyager

You need to have the launcher run as admin.
    For me it's located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\launcher
    launcher.exe - Right click>Properties - Compatibility tab has the check box for "Run as administrator". Check that.
    Do the same with starbound.exe if you have troubles with the game itself.
    If it seems like you're 'stuck' on the chucklefish logo screen, you may have to just wait a couple minutes, it eventually resolves itself and brings you to the title screen.

4. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

Running it as an administrator didn't work, and after leaving it on the chucklefish screen for 2+ hours there was no change. After I launch the game, a new tab will open for like a milisecond but it closes immediately. If no one has a fix for this i'll just wait for future updates I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.