1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Stuck at "Loading" splash screen

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Campaigner, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

http://imgur.com/aRvX3hv

Recently, after playing with the config files and all that so that I can blow up entire screens instantly, I thought it was time to start fresh again (despite the incoming wipe anyway). I reinstalled the game to get all the files back in order, and deleted all of my own data (Player and Universe). Upon loading the game, it displays the Chucklefish logo as normal, and then heads to the Loading screen.

The game does NOT become unresponsive, as I can access steam through it with Shift+Tab, resize the window, minimize it, and so forth. It just does not load past the Loading screen.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I have played a good 51 hours so far, so I know I can play the game. This error likes to say otherwise, and I want to get around it. How can I fix this?

2. WaterTipper

WaterTipper Seal Broken

I'm on a Mac, and I'm getting the same problem as well.

3. Mallonee

Mallonee Intergalactic Tourist

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit as well and am having the exact same issue. Have 36 hours logged on the game, but now suddenly can't get past loading even after completely reinstalling. Not really sure what's going on :\

4. deuley

deuley Space Spelunker

+1, having the same problem here. I was trying to swap out the oredistribution.lvltables from a community member that supposedly fixed the platinum spawning issues (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/fix-for-platinum-generation.38736/), and haven't been able to get it to start since.

I tried restarting, and with that not fixing it, reinstalling. My window also resizes correctly and responds to shift-tab to open steam. Steam also succesfully validates the game cache.

--

INSTAUPDATE: Right after posting this, I had a random thought, and went to go check to see if the backup copy of the .lvltables file was still in there. It was, which is strange since Steam supposedly deleted it and redownloaded the whole thing on reinstall. Either way, after deleting it, it started up just fine.

5. Mallonee

Mallonee Intergalactic Tourist

After uninstalling and completely deleting all the files in the directory, then reinstalling, I finally got it up working again.

6. Rehabx

Rehabx Orbital Explorer

I have the same problem but all i simply did was to wait patiently and it worked :p

Problem? :rofl:

7. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

specify please, how much did you wait? like 10 minutes?

8. Rehabx

Rehabx Orbital Explorer

Around 5 to 10mins just for the game to launch and another 5 to 10mins at the loading screen. Patient is a virtue my friend. If you have doubt you can check out the "processes" tab found at the task manager and you can actually see that there is a starbound.exe that is running and that the memory used is constantly changing suggests that the game is actually still loading and did not "freeze'

9. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

well, that wasn't my case, i waited 30 min and nothing, i deleted all the files on my folder, uninstalled on steam and re-downloaded and now it's working like a charm :D

10. Rehabx

Rehabx Orbital Explorer

You can try navigating to the starbound install folder, look for starbound.exe and go to compatibilities and tick the "run as administer" option. Then run steam as administer this should pretty much fix the problem ( fingers-crossed ) . If this still doesnt work, i dont know what will.

But you did it so.... congratulations!!!

TheSerpLP likes this.
  11. AnnieCZE

AnnieCZE Space Hobo

I see, i found this .exe in my steam folder, but choice "run as administer" is not allowed for manually clicking. It's unclickable square. :-D :-( Yesterday i played Starbound, but after last (today) update i can't play. :-( Black screen with "loading" text and nothing more :-(

skannerz22 likes this.
  12. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

wtf is going on ;____; i got the same

13. Rehabx

Rehabx Orbital Explorer

I am sorry friend, i merely tackle the problem with the loading problem. Cant help you with the patch. Sorry:(

14. ObisidiansRealm

ObisidiansRealm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everything is Vanilla, running as admin, and stuck at loading. Some times it loads right away, and other times it just sits and sits. Hopefully this will be addressed in next patch/hotfix. :unsure:

skannerz22 likes this.
  15. Othienka

Othienka Tentacle Wrangler

Adding one more case to the list.

16. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

it still is stuck on the loading screen after yet another update

17. jrc2018

jrc2018 Void-Bound Voyager

one more case to the list but i am a very severe case in my case i left it loading all night and it didnt load

18. abe182

abe182 Void-Bound Voyager

i got the same sens i upgrad my computer to windows 8.1

19. gegtor

gegtor Aquatic Astronaut

i stuck on this screen what i must to do

MacBook pro os x 10.9.5

Attached Files:

20. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Several users in this thread have already given those here a working solution.
    Uninstall the game, delete the Starbound folder (backup your player and universe folders), and re-install the game via Steam.

Closing as resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.