1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stuck at 8 hearts with Haley

Discussion in 'Support' started by Admiral Woofington, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Admiral Woofington

Admiral Woofington Space Hobo

Made an account to post this, but love the game (issues aside):

After reaching 8 hearts with Haley back in Winter of year 1, I've been stuck at that level with her no matter how many gifts I've given her. Waited till spring to see her 8 heart event that only occurs on 1 day of the week, and tried giving her more gifts and the hearts are still stuck at 8. Gave her a bouquet thinking that might work, and she accepts it but it does nothing. Have even waited for what's necessary to trigger her supposed 9-10 hearts event, and still have nothing.

I'm assuming at this point the heart mechanic for her in my game is stuck/bugged unless proven otherwise. Hopefully this can be seen for now I'm not playing until I get an answer or there's a fix on the way. Thanks

• manifesta

manifesta Big Damn Hero

have you tried gived to her something she loves the most?

• Admiral Woofington

I had like 4 sunflowers saved from fall when she was at 8 hearts. I used them all up plus flowers I bought plus 2-3 bouquets trying to get her above 8 hearts and she never did. In spring right now and still gifts and hearts do not raise her hearts up. So unless all of a sudden she realized we're better just as friends I'm thinking something is wrong haha.

• Grabarz

Grabarz Void-Bound Voyager

there is a cut scene at 8 stars with every marriage able characters some of them cant be casted at winter

Eight Hearts
          [​IMG]

When you visit her outside Marnie ranch, you get a cut scene of her taking photos of you and her with the cows on the ranch

• Admiral Woofington

That's the one I had to wait till spring for. I thought hearts mightve been locked until I had that scene but it doesnt seem hearts should get locked if you haven't seen their special event. Regardless I'm trying to get the scene after that one but it's impossible if I don't go above 8 hearts even after the ranch scene

• Grabarz

my idea for you download version 1.0 (1.03/1.04 issues does not exist on 1.0 :) ) i fixed my abigail bug with this method maeby for you it will help too

• Admiral Woofington

I don't think this is an option for Steam is it? If so I wouldn't mind haha.

• Grabarz

It is ! i own steam version :)

i downloaded pirated version of game 1.0 and loaded my save from 1.03 (actually 1.04) works like charm 0 issues played day on 1.0 saved turned off the game loaded save on my legal copy :) perfectly working :)

• Admiral Woofington

though it's still an issue, I've found a solution. Someone else in here said you can keep giving them bouquets even with max gifts. I somehow forced the game to go to 10 hearts this way.