Strikingly gud Game Design!

Discussion in 'Games' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2017.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Alrighty, so I'm gonna ask you guys to tell me about games with especially good game designs
    I'm especially thinking of you, @Delta_Wolff

2. AlexFrank

AlexFrank Poptop Tamer

Game of Chucklefish or can be from any company? I will say the Horizon Zero Dawn, great graphic!

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Indeed
    For your question, litteraly any game, tho I'd like to focus on 2d games

4. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NetHack - had excellent discovery/exploration of loot. Rings, potions and wands were initially unknown, and the player could test them in various ways to narrow down which type it was or even identify it directly through testing. Drop a ring in a sink, scratch a wand in the dust, fire a wand, or even see what a shop keeper was willing to pay for it. Sometimes the effects were immediate and auto-identified the item, sometimes the testing was only enough to narrow down the possibilities for a skilled player; but it was always logical and not random.

Modded MineCraft - the game developed a new goal for players, which was to automate production of resources through clever machinery, to strip away the player's labor involved in their production. It also has one of the most advanced AI subsystems available in the gaming industry.

Modded Diablo II - Loot with infinite lifespan came from finite resources, while loot with a finite lifespan came from infinite resources.

League of Legends - Honorable mention for its use of linear XP

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    D.M.G. likes this.