strange things in stardew valley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kidkid123, Feb 13, 2018.

1. kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

the strangest thing that happend to my farm was a lighting strike, that hit one of my apple tree and it was producing coal (in summer i've encountered this).

what did you experience? are there any new things that i should know?:)

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Did that only produce coal from then on? Coal tree would be useful.

I just got a second mushroom tree randomly in Spring year 5. Thought they only show up in Fall. Are there mushroom seeds?

• kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

yes but, only for a few weeks..

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Lightning-hit fruit trees produce coal for a few days before they heal. This is something CA added in 1.07.

There are, but you won't see them until they sprout. A mushroom tree can spread 'spores' the same way a regular tree drops seeds, and these will grow new mushroom trees. If you want a mushroom tree to spread, clear space around it the same way you would for the usual pine/oak/maple trees and you'll have a chance of getting another mushroom nearby.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I saw lightening hit an oak tree. The tree exploded and left about 7 wood on the ground plus the stump. The stump never recovered so I chopped it up. Was pretty cool.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

While it's not deliberate strangeness, I find the 'talking slimes' glitch to be hilarious. The game counts any slime in the town area as a 'person' and it can greet villagers with a speech bubble and they will reply with friendly greetings. (It's not deliberate because it's a glitch in how the game recognizes townsfolk. Still, it's lots of fun to see!)

• Stryder87

I had never seen townspeople talk to each other ever, through four saves, until just last night when Lewis and Caroline greeted each other as I was walking by them in front of Harvey's. Was surprising.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I think the strangest thing I've seen is one slime lusting after another...and the chasee running away, leaving the poor slime's love unrequited!

Reneeisxena likes this.
                  • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

• Stryder87

• ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

They actually are visible. The first stage is a... lump. Which looks a little different from the lumps from planted acorns, maple seeds or pine cones. But strangely the next three growing phases look like some kind of generic leafy plant. I made a mod that makes them look like mushrooms the whole time, if anyone is interested.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                    • ladymurasaki

Hmm, interesting. But you can't place a mushroom tree where you want, right? You can't dig up that lump as a seed?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

No, you can't dig it up, you'll just get a clump of weeds. (Which will become fibers if fiddled with more.)

• K1ttygur1

K1ttygur1 Space Hobo

I passed out accidentally once (5 days after I finished the community center) and still got a letter from joja saying someone from joja found me, and Joja's goons were never to be seen again in the dialog from what I saw, besides shane but that's realll strange

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Hey, you didn't actually ever see them! They lurk, feral and unseen, in the wilds around the valley. They waited until you were unconscious, picked you up, rifled your wallet, and left a note-- but you technically never saw any of them, just like the CC completion message promised!

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

You only get to see the Joja workers if you go the Joja warehouse path instead of the CC path.

• ladymurasaki

The other day, the boy child was stuck on the wall beside the bookcase in the husband's study area. Couldn't remove those furniture to get to him (talk to him). He was okay the next day. Very weird - there's no pathing there so don't know how he got in there.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

It's those junimo with their magic tricks, I'm sure of it!

Another bizarre thing, if you think about it, is all the Joja cans and trash in the lakes in the mines. Who's going to go down 100 levels in a mine to throw away a CD or busted glasses, or those Joja cans? Plus, for the 100 level one it's lava based so why would all those things even be available??

"Player gives a can of Joja soda to Sam"

Sam: You're a pal!! Where'd you get it? "drinks it down"

Player: Oh, I found it in the underground lake, level 100.

Wonder how Sam, who's the only one that likes the soda, would react if he found out the player fished it out of a deep underground lake?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Lava soda is seriously hardcore.

ManaUser and musical74 like this.
                                    • Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

Excluding glitches, I think the strangest thing I've seen is a bulletin board quest saying that Linus wanting Green Algae to pair with a fine red wine. I know the strangeness of the board quests is well-known by this point, but what struck me as particularly odd is that Linus had red wine. Where'd he get it from?

Including glitches, however, I woke up one morning to find my character's son, Reyn, running through the bottom of Shane's room (and through everything, might I add), through the wall, and out into the void. I was following him to try and talk to him, but I didn't catch up to him and ended up seeing that instead. Reyn has a habit of frequently disappearing from the game, so I have to wonder how many times he's done this without my realising... He returned the next day, thankfully, and hasn't done it since.