1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Lag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by octodroid, Dec 29, 2015.

1. octodroid

octodroid Space Hobo

So I got ROR a few weeks ago and haven't had any problem with it. In the past few days though, I've been experiencing very strange lag issues to the point where the game is unplayable. After I cycle the levels a few times, I notice my frame rate goes down about 10 and the a little while later gets stuck on 24. It will also freeze occasionally; the game still runs and I can hear the audio. When I go to the start menu it goes back up to a smooth 60, like usual. It is not my system or anything, everything seemed to be working at a normal rate. The only way to get rid of the lag is to teleport to the next level where my frame rate goes back up to a smooth 60. If anyone else has this issue or can help please do.
    Thanks guys!

• Ramond

Ramond Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since you mentioned cycling the levels a few times, the cause of the lag most likely stems from the astronomical amount of projectiles and particles on the screen which you are bound to have after so many cycles and items. There's no "fix" to this as it's caused by the way the game is built (or something - I'm not an expert here, but I experienced that lag myself, plus many people already complained about it on the forums).

• octodroid

octodroid Space Hobo

I thought that was it myself but the lag continued on after all enemies had been cleared. Unless that is just part of the lag you spoke of?

• zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

It is also you and your items