Tool Storm Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Handsome Matt, Mar 7, 2016.

1. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

I just saw you fixed your problem, that's good.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    • Bruno_G

Bruno_G Void-Bound Voyager

As suggested to an another user, I myself downloaded the build 0.1.1.0_GIT-6a1361b .
      Now the game is working, I guess I have to thank you. :)

Edit: CTD when I try to load my save.

• LeonBlade

What is CTD?

• wrenworkman

wrenworkman Void-Bound Voyager

CTD = Crash to desktop

• LeonBlade

Thanks, do you have an error files to post by any chance? Try looking in the Storm folder for a storm log file, if its full of stuff delete it and try again. If you're not getting any sort of log, try to create a new save file and load it and see if it works. If it's working fine, try uploading your save file and I'll take a look to see if its a problem with your save file. Just zip up the save folder and upload it some place like Mega.

• spiraloutelle

spiraloutelle Void-Bound Voyager

Hi getting this error file when starting storm
              i've seen a lot of mentions of updating injectors but i dont have a clue how i would go about doing that.

Code:
              [LocalModLoader] Failed to load mods from assembly DurableFences, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null due to error System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Storm.StardewValley.Event.Post10MinuteClockUpdateEvent' from assembly 'StormLoader, Version=0.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                 at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
                 at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.FetchNonReturnParameters()
                 at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.GetParameters()
                 at Storm.ExternalEvent.AssemblyModLoader.LoadModsFromAssembly(Assembly assembly)
              [LocalModLoader] Loaded mod Durable Fences 1.7 by Zoryn
              [LocalModLoader] Failed to load mods from assembly JunimoDepositAnywhere, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null due to error System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Storm.StardewValley.Event.InitializeEvent' from assembly 'StormLoader, Version=0.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                 at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
                 at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.FetchNonReturnParameters()
                 at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.GetParameters()
                 at Storm.ExternalEvent.AssemblyModLoader.LoadModsFromAssembly(Assembly assembly)
              [LocalModLoader] Loaded mod Junimo Deposit Anywhere 1.7 by Zoryn
              System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                 at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorMetaData.FilterTags(Dictionary`2 map, String s)
                 at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<ParseJson>b__1(JsonFieldAccessorMutatorParams injector)
                 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
                 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
                 at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.ParseJson(Stream in, List`1 list, Dictionary`2 nameMap)
                 at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.ParseJson(String path)
                 at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.ParseOfType(DataFormat format, String path)
                 at Storm.StardewValley.ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.Inject()
                 at Storm.StardewValley.ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.Launch()
                 at Storm.Program.Main(String[] args)

• screamingpasta

screamingpasta Void-Bound Voyager

I keep getting this error everytime I start Storm, please help.

Code:
                System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                   at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorMetaData.FilterTags(Dictionary`2 map, String s)
                   at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<ParseJson>b__1(JsonFieldAccessorMutatorParams injector)
                   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
                   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
                   at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.ParseJson(Stream in, List`1 list, Dictionary`2 nameMap)
                   at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.ParseJson(String path)
                   at Storm.Manipulation.InjectorFactory.ParseOfType(DataFormat format, String path)
                   at Storm.StardewValley.ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.Inject()
                   at Storm.StardewValley.ManagedStardewValleyLauncher.Launch()
                   at Storm.Program.Main(String[] args)

• Krang

Krang Void-Bound Voyager

Is everyone still wanting/trying to convert mods to this pre-pre-alpha superior API? just wondering because I've seen alot of people jump on the bandwagon of Storm and its not ideal for the end-user yet. Is it being re-written now?
                  I like the idea of a stronger API that has more functions, I'm not trying to be negative. But as an 'end-user', Im troubled by the number of mods and modders trying to convert to a API thats still in aphla development. Bless CLxS for keeping up on SMAPI while we wait on Storm.

Davrial and Zero Zet like this.
                  • han474380076

han474380076 Space Hobo

• Consillium

Consillium Poptop Tamer

I seem to be having some trouble determining if an NPC has been clicked when subscribing to the MouseButtonPressedEvent. I've attempted to get the MouseStates X and Y positions and create a rectangle around the position to determine if an NPCs position is within that area, but MouseState position coordinates don't match to in game coordinates. Does anyone have any advice?

Code:
                                if (@event.Button == MouseButtonPressedEvent.MouseButton.Right)
                                {
                                    var xPos = @event.State.X;
                                    var yPos = @event.State.Y;
                                    Rectangle areaToSearch = new Rectangle(xPos - 15, yPos - 15, 30, 30);

var location = @event.Location;
                                    var count = location.Characters.Count;
                                    if (count > 0)
                                    {
                                        for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)
                                        {
                                            var currentNPC = location.Characters[i];
                                            if (currentNPC.Id == -1)
                                            {
                                                if (areaToSearch.Contains((int) currentNPC.Position.X, (int) currentNPC.Position.Y))
                                                {
                                                    Logging.DebugLog.Invoke("success");
                                                }
                                            }
                                        }
                                    }
                                }

• Consillium

Consillium Poptop Tamer

Also, has anyone considered taking the time to provide documentation for the API? The names of the events are, for the most part, descriptive enough, but having docs to tell API users about objects, events and when they are triggered, etc could be really helpful.

• ThatNorthernMonkey

ThatNorthernMonkey Aquatic Astronaut

• Bruno_G

Bruno_G Void-Bound Voyager

I started to use an another API, works great.
                        Sadly Storm is not going well atm. :(

• Edge!

Edge! Subatomic Cosmonaut

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

NothernMonkey was the most prolific Storm modder...

And the main contributors of Storm are gone, this is why it is deprecated.

Davrial likes this.
                          • LeonBlade

It's for the best, Storm's development was a mess.

• tomastaz

tomastaz Space Spelunker

Anyone have tips on uninstalling Storm? I have no idea what I'm doing

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

You could just remove StormLoader.exe. No real need to uninstall it anyway, just don't run StormLoader.exe and it'll never interfere with your game.

LeonBlade likes this.
                                • Xilo

Xilo Subatomic Cosmonaut

so is storm still pretty unstable? or is it starting to level out a bit? mainly asking cause im thinking of trying it after the mods i wanna use on SMAPI don't seem to function 100% all the time.

edit: nvm just read that its depreciated.

• Edge!

Edge! Subatomic Cosmonaut

I see...
                                    What a shame, it sounded promising.