RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I think the Penny heart event is a known bug? Is it the one in the woods? I've heard your story before...

Edit: Also nobody download the storm version until I update it again for Storm's release. It's already out of date and won't load, and if it did, it would crash your game :p

• RSmith223

RSmith223 Space Hobo

Can someone write out or direct me to a step-by-step installation process for this mod and its required programs, including where to get them. I'm new to modding my games, and thus very stupid and need some simple instructions to follow. Thank you to whoever helps this poor noob.

• 0atBran

0atBran Void-Bound Voyager

Assuming your steam installation is the default.

download this first
        https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/download/0.37.2/SMAPI_0.37.2A.zip

Extract that to
        C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Stardew Valley\

Make sure to open folder after extraction and while that folder is open make these two folders
        Mods
        ErrorLog

then download
        https://github.com/cantorsdust/TimeSpeed/releases/download/1.4.2/TimeSpeed.1.4.2.zip

and extract that to
        C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Stardew Valley\Mods\

again, opening folder after extraction there will be TimeSpeedConfig.ini in there, open that with a text editor and change

TenMinuteTickLength=14

to any number of seconds that you want each 10 minute tick of game time to be. (default is 7)

Then navigate back to
        C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Stardew Valley\

and right click on StardewModdingAPI.exe

and say send to -> desktop (create shortcut)

and use that to launch the game from now on and you are good to go.

There is another modding API in the works called Storm, and things might change in the near future that will make SMAPI obsolete, requiring a total redo of all these steps for when the full release of that comes out.

RSmith223 likes this.
        • cantorsdust

Beautiful, thank you. Going in the OP.

• 0atBran

0atBran Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, didn't expect that, I was just helping out that other guy lol. I would have worked on better formatting if it was going in the op

• RSmith223

RSmith223 Space Hobo

This is very helpful. Thank you very much.

• ided

ided Void-Bound Voyager

well after my previous tutorial for one of your mods someone posted and requested a tutorial for this mod so just in case its helpful to you or anyone else here is a tutorial for the SMAPI version as storm is currently not ready for general release

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
                • cantorsdust

Ok, updated and Storm branch should now be working.

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

::EDIT:: Seems it may have been the time freezing indoors option of the machines working while time is frozen, so you can probably ignore this, however I'll leave the post here for posterity.

I'm not certain that it was your mod, but I just experienced a weird bug;

I was on the day before the Luau and stayed up to around midnight, then went to sleep. When I got up, it was 11pm on the event night and the day was completely skipped. I left the event option default and changed time to 12s per 10.

I slept again, thinking I just blacked out or something, but then it worked fine and suddenly it was 6am on the day AFTER the Luau. Unfortunately, it seems to have saved it as well =(

I'm using mods I downloaded about 30 mins ago:

Most recent build of Storm (as of 30 mins ago at least)
                    Movement Modifier
                    Timespeed
                    Unbreakable Fences
                    Health Bars
                    Freeze Inside (though I turned on machines working while inside)

Didn't seem to throw an error or anything, just skipped the entire event and day o.0

::EDIT:: Just lost another day, woke up the next day at the time I went to bed (around 8: 30pm)

Something weird is going on between the time mods, I think...

2nd update: Seems when I relaunched the game, it re-set the day back to 6am and all of the mail showed up the same etc.

Maybe I'll turn this mod off for a while :rofl:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
                    • BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

I'm quite new to the game, so I'm unfamiliar with known bugs. I started the game heavily modded, so I just figured it was as a result of me mixing my mods. :rofl:

• Firmansyah

Firmansyah Void-Bound Voyager

well TimeSpeedConfig.ini is not working in SMAPI0.37.2

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Well the game also tweens the darkness when it becomes night, but keeps snapping it back when the clock updates, I really would apreciate if you could fix these so that there's not as much confusion and graphics don't seem as glitchy for slower settings.

• ided

ided Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Cantorsdust just thought I'd make make the offer I did to CJB if you wanted any of the graphics from the videos I've made for your mods then let me know or add me on steam and I will edit/adjust them to fit your needs or ideas just in case you wish to pretty up the op and make the mod more identifiable.
                            None the less thanks for all your hard work on these truly do appreciate your time and effort putting all the work in to make them and update them.

• Vitriks

Vitriks Space Spelunker

SMAPI_0.37.2 does NOT work with 1.4.2. It's working with later versions like SMAPI_0.37.1A

And install Visual Studio Community Edition 2015 just to use this mod is really insane idea.

• Rezo2012

Rezo2012 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello there. I think I am having trouble with the Mod. Though it seems to load, it doesn't change the Speed. I have tried it at Default, and 24 secs and 45 secs, and ten minutes always passes in 7. So let me answer your questions
                                1. What do you have your time tick length set to? 45
                                2. Does it still occur if you remove my time mod? Error is not causing Game play issues.
                                3. Does it still occur if the tick length is set to 7? Error is not causing Game play issues.
                                4. Did this occur upon saving or upon loading your save? Yes?

This is my Log:
                                [11:58:27 AM] Injecting New SDV Version...
                                [11:58:27] Patching SDV Graphics Profile...
                                [11:58:27] LOADING MODS
                                [11:58:27] Found DLL: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CalendarAnywhere.dll
                                [11:58:27] Loading Mod DLL...
                                [11:58:27] Found DLL: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\InstantFishingCatch.dll
                                [11:58:27] Found DLL: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TimeSpeed.dll
                                [11:58:27] Found DLL: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod.dll
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: types
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: hide
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: show
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: save
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: load
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: exit
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: stop
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setname
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setmoney
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setstamina
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setmaxstamina
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_sethealth
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setmaxhealth
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setimmunity
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setlevel
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_setspeed
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_changecolour
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_changestyle
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_additem
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_addmelee
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: player_addring
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: out_items
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: out_melee
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: out_rings
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: newitem
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: world_settime
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: world_freezetime
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: world_setday
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: world_setseason
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: world_downminelevel
                                [11:58:27] Registered command: world_setminelevel
                                [11:58:27] LOADED 4 MODS
                                [11:58:27 AM] SDV Loaded Into Memory
                                [11:58:27 AM] Initializing Console Input Thread...
                                [11:58:27 AM] Registered command: help
                                [11:58:27 AM] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
                                [11:58:27] XNA Initialize
                                [11:58:28] XNA LoadContent
                                [11:58:28 AM] Game Loaded
                                [11:58:28 AM] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                                [11:59:01 AM] Game Execution Finished
                                [11:59:01 AM] Shutting Down...

I am running the SMAPI Ver 0.37.2A
                                TimeSpeed Mod 1.4.2
                                I downloaded 1.5.2.0 but it's not for SMAPI I guess and so didn't install it. The thread mentions something called Storm but I have found where to download that.

Edit: I found Storm, I don't want anything to do with something I have to compile.

• cantorsdust

I could probably do that, but it would require hooking into UpdateGameClock instead of performTenMinuteClockUpdate. That's going to fire every few milliseconds instead of every 7 seconds or whatever. I'll release a Storm version with the option. I've ceased development for SMAPI except for game-breaking bugs.

• ided

ided Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm it definitely works with the versions featured in my video :D thus why I made it.

• cantorsdust

Storm has public binaries now, you know. You don't need VS2015 to build Storm anymore.

• Rezo2012

Link please?

• Rezo2012

Okay strange things are happening suddenly. The TimeSpeed Mod started working but my other mods have stopped working.