RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] FreezeInside Mod--Freeze Time While Indoors Like Harvest Moon!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 3, 2016.

1. snaid1

snaid1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that fixed it. I think I was using 0.3.4 but I upgraded to 0.3.5 and now it works! Thanks!

• Mikamura

Mikamura Yeah, You!

I found this while the time has been stopped inside. The time is shown 5:90 PM. I don't know if it is a bug or not, but after I'm going outside, the time proceeded as usual.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Ha ha, I've not seen that, but I know exactly what happened! Time is set as an integer from 600 to 2600. My mod says that whenever time changes, tick time back 10 minutes. Well 6 PM would be 1800, and 1800-10 is 1790, or "5:90"PM. Updated to 1.2.1.

https://github.com/cantorsdust/FreezeInside/releases

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Tripping over this a little before I plunge and go for it. My
          \Stardew Valley\Mods
          folder is in my D drive, not in appdata. That's not a problem is it?

• darkmdbeener

darkmdbeener Aquatic Astronaut

does this affect weather people leave or enter a home. Say i am waiting for someone to enter the home so i can give a gift to them. will they still come into the home or would i have to wait out side for them to start walking home

• cantorsdust

Because time is frozen inside, I would not expect NPCs to be moving around outside. I would not expect them to come home.

• irrimn

irrimn Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey cantorsdust,
                Loving your mods! I was just wondering though, would it be possible to get a combination of this mod and your time speed mod that just SLOWS TIME while inside? Say, to like, half of the current speed? I want time to still move inside so that NPCs will still go about their business / come and go as they please... and you could still wait inside their homes for them to return and whatnot.

I mean, basically you'd just need to add a variable that counts the ticks that are reset while inside and if it ticks twice, then it would let time progress (so it wouldn't subtract 10 minutes on that tick)... this variable could be configurable to any int so for time to move at 1/3rd time, the int would be 3, etc.

Anyways, awesome mods! Keep up that good work!

• cantorsdust

I think I should just combine the two mods at some point, add a console command to change time at will, and add a config with several situations so you can set a different speed for different things. But not working on mods today, maybe over the weekend.

irrimn likes this.
                  • Alkarl

Alkarl Void-Bound Voyager

A heads up, your mod doesn't seem to work with the 0.37 alpha of SMAPI, it loads in the console window but time still advances while inside.

• cantorsdust

No, all versions beyond 0.36 updated their event listeners arguments. I'll have to refactor for the new version. Shouldn't be too hard, but for now, only 0.35 or 0.36 will work.

• cantorsdust

BlushingCreep likes this.
                      • Tuniee

Tuniee Intergalactic Tourist

Hello,

I seem to be having trouble getting this mod to install to the Steam version of SDV. I'm using Win10 and tried to put the SMAPI and the mod files into the SDV's steamapps folder and tried to create a Mods folder for the application too. Am I doing something wrong? The mod only seems to want to run if I run the SMAPI application.

• Luna_Amell

Luna_Amell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I downloae SAMPI 0.37 and the updated version, put the files in the right folders and loaded the game via SMAPI and the time is still going while inside. Not sure what I did wrong.

• Luna_Amell

Currently inside a building and this chain of errors happen, I'm guessing when it's trying to freeze time.

[​IMG]

• zerlkung

zerlkung Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I luv this mod wait for update SMAPI 0.37.

• dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's already been updated

• Luna_Amell

I did update to the SMAPI 0.37...not sure why it isn't working.

• Stealth103

Stealth103 Orbital Explorer

Make sure you have TrainerMod.dll installed as well, if that isn't in the Mods folder it won't work.

• Luna_Amell

Yup they're all in the right folders unless the trainer mod needs to be in the app data thingy of the folder?

• Stealth103

Stealth103 Orbital Explorer

That's where mine is, try it out, maybe it'll work.

Edit: hmm, it does look like it was loading the trainermod, but I don't see the registered commands on yours like my console shows. I think it uses the world_settime command to set the time back 10 minutes, which is probably why you're getting the Unknown Command when it tries to set it back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016