RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI 0.4]BuildEndurance Mod. Increase your max stamina as you play!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Krecik

Krecik Intergalactic Tourist

You put the whole folder into the 'mods' folder, so afther that the whole path looks like (...)/mods/BuildEndurance/SMAPI_BuildEndurance.dll. The config file should appear next to the dll. You can try taking a look at the SMAPI console after loading up a game with this mod enabled, it should write something along the lines of 'config file not found, initializing'.

• EricRonin

EricRonin Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah i just checked that, and funny enough the console doesn't even mention the mod at all. In fact, when it loads it only states that it's loading 5 of my mods, and it's not even loading BuildEndurance at all, as it would be the sixth mod i have. I'm only able to assume that there are no confliction issues as the game doesn't crash, and the game isn't even loading the mod at all.

• Krecik

Krecik Intergalactic Tourist

I read this mod's code to understand it, but I have no idea how mod loading works and all that, unfortunately I can't help you here ;)

• Sodyaler

Sodyaler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having the same problem. Except my stamina and health both reset after each load. I had over 400 (With building it up and the stardrops) but it seems it won't allow me to have over 300 anymore

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

You want to place the files such as the manifest.json, and the BuildEndurance.dll inside of a mod folder of your calling (typically something like BuildEndurance) inside of StardewValley/Mods. When you start up the game, config files should automatically be created.

• zipy199522

Hey everyone, I know there has been a few issues with the mod lately between config files not showing and losing stamina when you find a stardrop. I just finished patching this bug and now when you load up the game after finding a stardrop your stamina that you had is now retained! Sorry for taking so long with getting back on this one, this has been a crazy week. The new config file is inside of the download folder now and you will need to replace it.

ALSO I have added in where the character will get xp when they become exhausted and when they stay up to 2 AM as per requested. I have not been able to implement other requests just yet, but I will keep digging to see if there is a way!

Note that this update was built using SMAPI 0.40 and SDV 1.07. Also note that this update breaks old BuildEndurance_data_playername.txt files. You can copy over your old information into the new text file once it is generated, but if you try launching the updated mod with the old player_data files your game WILL CRASH. Sorry for whatever inconvenience this creates but I promise it's as simple as copying over the numerical values into the new text file. This new data file keeps track of the player's stamina value nightly and when loading up the game and since that line of information doesn't exists in the old player_data files it throws an error to the game causing the crash.

Essentially:

1. Copy over the new BuildEnduranceConfig.json file into the mod directory.
              2. Move your old BuildEndurance_data_playername.txt file into a different location.
              3. Copy over your Stamina Value to the new section under nightly stamina,

OR

Add to the end of your BuildEndurance_data_playername.txt these two lines.

Nightly Stamina Value: This is the value of the player's stamina that was saved when the player slept.

Where instead of 270 it is your actual stamina value when updating the mod.

Thanks again for your patience, and I hope everyone continues to enjoy this mod!

Link to the Download:

Saw your problem and I'm not sure what the issue might be. I included a zip inside of the directory that has a folder that you can drop right into your Mods folder for easy play. Note that the Manifest file is key to making sure the mod can run and without it, nothing will work.

If this problem still persists we can look into why this might be. Thanks again for your patience. =)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
              • EricRonin

EricRonin Void-Bound Voyager

Ok i think i know what was wrong. I didn't realize that the API had been updated since i last downloaded any mods. I just updated all my mods and the API and now everything works with all the newest updated stuff lol. Thanks for all the help!

• kidsparks

kidsparks Tentacle Wrangler

How do I deactivate the mod without losing my stardrop stamina gain? I initially used the mod before I ate any stardrops, but now that I ate 2 stardrops this mod makes the game way too easy. Do i just reset the initial stamina value to 338 and then delete the mod?

• zipy199522

Yea, the line where it says OLD_Stamina or something like that should be the location where you would place the 338. I know this isn't a super convenient and I'll see if I can find a work around in the near future.

• kidsparks

kidsparks Tentacle Wrangler

You're doing god's work. It was so annoying to start off the day in the beginning , water your crops, and have 0 stamina left for anything else

• zipy199522

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad that you enjoy it. =)

• zipy199522

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I updated the mod to be able to include passing out from exhaustion, and from staying up late. I also included a download link to Nexus so you can download it easier. Have fun!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I was checking if all the mods in my mods folder were working, by removing them all and then readding them to the Mods folder 1 by 1, launching the StardewModdingAPI and checking its mod count and I just noticed something about this mod:

. The .txt files it creates for each character are not removed from folder when you delete a save game. The character no longer exists, but their .txt is still in the BuildEndurance folder

I create and delete chars multiple times since I'm still modding my game and making sure everything is working the way it should and there are no conflicts, so my folder is getting piled up with .txt files xD

Is there a way to make the correspondent files of a certain character be automatically deleted from the mod's folder when that character's save game is deleted?

• zipy199522

While I could figure out some way to do some sort of file maintenance, it honestly would be easier if you just knew what files to delete. Not to say I won't consider doing this, but majority of players don't typically delete characters, and figuring out what characters do and don't exist could be a pain. Also the big conflict is making a character, let's say "Omegasis" and deleting him shortly after and then immediately making a new "Omegasis". I'm not sure I could tell the difference. Still you bring up a good point. I'll poke around and see what is and isn't possible.

Minakie likes this.
                              • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

This mod looks interesting but a couple questions.

1. Is this mod working with the 1.1 update?

2. How much does this affect the balance of the game. Part of the games challenge is balancing your stamina with what you are trying to get done and while I like the idea of this mod I don't want to completely destroy that (at least not too quickly)

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It works fine for me
                                  And I'm stamina level 40 or something after 4 years. That's 40 stamina but the exp curve goes up like crazy so further levels are really slow and each level is only 1 stamina.

• zipy199522

You should be able to edit the curve a bit in the config file if I remember correctly. It's been ages since I've looked at this mod.

• MbahGondrong

MbahGondrong Seal Broken

Thanks for this, helped me a lot. :)

I there any doc to see what the lines mean and the effect on the games?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Build Endurance 1.4 is now available!

Release notes:
                                        • Updated for SMAPI 2.0 (still compatible with SMAPI 1.15).
                                        • Switched to standard JSON config & data files.
                                        • Fixed issue where saves with the same name would overwrite each other's endurance level data.
                                        • Fixed minor bugs when you load a save after exiting to title.
                                        • Internal refactoring.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard