RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI 0.4]BuildEndurance Mod. Increase your max stamina as you play!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Mar 11, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

I always enjoyed the system in the Rune Factory games where as you leveled up different skills, your max energy increased as well. I decided that it was about time Stardew Valley had something similar!

Introducing the BuildEndurance Mod!

The functionality of the BuildEndurance is pretty simple as it allows you to increase your max stamina in a couple of different ways! As you partake in the tasks below, you gain xp points, and when you reach enough xp points, your max stamina will increase!

Ways to increase maximum stamina:

1. Use tools.

2. Eating Food.
    3. Sleeping!
    4. Passing out (staying up/collapsing)
    5. Becoming Exhausted.
    I'm up to a few more suggestions as well that can add to this list.

All of the data can be set up/edited in BuildEndurance_Config.tx. If you want to increase/decrease any of the values such as the xp to level up, the maximum level, or even the amount of stamina you gain upon level up can be found here.

All data values currently associated with the character can also be change around with BuildEndurance_data_(player_name).txt

NOTE! If at any time you want to remove/reverse the properties set by this mod, open up the BuildEndurance_data.txt file and set the value associated with resetting the mod data to true! This will revert the player's max stamina to the value initially stored when the mod was installed/ the value associate with old stamina.

All of the data is updated when you sleep, so don't expect changes until the next day.

Get it here! *Updated 6/9/16*

Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/445/?

Source Code:https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

(The SMAPI version does not have [Storm] infront of it.)

SMAPI 0.40+ would work for this.
    Installation:

SMAPI LINK HERE:

Place the BuildEndurance folder into the mod folder at %appdata%/StardewValley/Mods/
    or in the same location of StardewModdingAPI.exe
    such as Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Mods/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    • GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

Thank you!!

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

What are the current limits/levels that you can reach with this skill? Is the mod fully functional end to end, or more a demonstration, so far?

• zipy199522

Simple answer: There isn't technically a limit, and it is fully functional.

More in-depth answer:
          I did program in a current level limitation where you can only "level up" your stamina 100 times, however if you change this level in BuildEndurance_Config.txt you can easily make this something far greater or less to play to your needs. The mod as it stands is fully functional and can continue on as it is without further development. However I'm always looking for suggestions to improvement. I was able to put in an hour or so playing with this mod and easily saw some satisfying results personally. Anything you could want to change can be changed just by editing some of the values in the given text files.

• zipy199522

Yup, found the issue. Storm updated once again, so I'll have to rebuild my mods. No worries. It'll be up shortly.

*Edit*
            Just updated to Storm 0.1.1. The new version has been uploaded.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
            • jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

I am having trouble resetting this mod, i set the txt file line for reset to true but it keeps my stamina boost

• zipy199522

How the essence of the mod works is that in order for any effects to take place, you need to go to bed due to some odd coding convention stuff.

Setting that line to True essentially disables any more stamina regrowth and resets the values to whatever the value of Old stamina is.
                Have you gone to bed yet? I'll try to see if there is a better way to reset stamina growth.

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

okay, also problems i found. My stamina skyrocketed from the base 270 to like 402 in just 2 days in game (granted i was just spamming trees a lot. but thats well over your 100 extra limit. unless you can increase your stamina some other way.

• zipy199522

Care to post the contents of BuildEndurance_Data.txt? That'll help me figure out things pretty quick.

• zipy199522

Also sleeping and eating can increase the xp total towards leveling up. I haven't been able to reproduce the same effect in any way. Did you also use any in-game items that might increase max stamina?

Also stamina can level up 100 times by default. However if inside BuildEndurance_Config.txt the vaue associated with BuildEndurance_stam_increase_upon_lvl_up is greater than 1, then this is the value of max stamina earned upon leveling up.
                      Also in BuildEndurance_Data.txt I set a value called Initial Stamina, where you can give yourself more stamina starting out.

Just found a glitch as well when trying to reset my stamina values. I'll update the mod to patch this.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
                      • jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

what items increase max stamina?

• zipy199522

Ingame? I'm not sure. I haven't found any myself.

In the mod, just eating food will give xp points to increase your maximum stamina value.

• GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Your first item should be Stardrop, which gives you max energy permanently (By 30?).

I could look into this since I'm close to it, but it won't be until tomorrow.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I'm going to keep an eye on how this develops, once I make the switch to Storm I'll give it a try. :3 (Still waiting on a few SMAPI mods to get converted)

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Doesn't seem to work. I can get it to change the 'original' stamina, but not actually grab xp in any way shape or form. Additionally, the instructions are kinda confusing as to place each file where, and when you donwload you need to download everything at once.

1.) Let us download each individual mod, look at how Zoryn has his set up
                                2.) Provide detailed instructions as to where each file goes. Also, do we need to remove [STORM] from the file name?
                                3.) Fix the original stamina in both build endurance and health to match the actual, original stamina/health, respectively.
                                4.) Not sure why mine doesn't seem to work at all.

EDIT: Fixed it. Removed [Storm] from both files and started a new save. Both files need their own directory in ../Mods

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
                                • Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You needn't have removed [Storm] from the files, it works fine for me without, but yes, they do need their own directories, and yes, for some weird reason the 'original' Stamina and Health is wrong, leading you to get a 100-increase in Stamina the moment you go to bed and wake up after first installing the mod. I fixed this for myself, just set both to the vanilla values.

To reiterate, though, EVERY Storm mod needs its own directory, and immediately in that directory needs to be the mod file, the dll at least. There can be subfolders, but the mod file must be in that first folder, or the mod won't work. Subfolders are just for assets.

• zipy199522

Geeze, I'm sorry about the mess everyone. I'm finally on Spring break this week and one of my priorities will be fixing up these mods to work much better/fix all of the issues that everyone has been having. Stamina is a tricky thing to work with due to the fact that even with removing this mod, stamina changes are persistent, so I'm sure there was a way that I didn't originally test.
                                    There is a way to boost initial stamina given from the get go, but I might have accidentally messed up one of the values late at night causing a weird bump in stamina. You can "level up" stamina 100 times such that your stamina will increase by the set around in the BuildEndrance.config file. So yes, you can get more than a 100-stamina increase from this mod, and I looking back, the original instructions were pretty sloppy. I'll mop this up withing the next few days. Sorry for such the long time on getting back to this, and thank you for bringing this to my attention. :hylotl:

• zipy199522

Yea I just looked into that, and I realized I accidentally threw in my testing character's data into the mix, which basically threw off a bunch of values for everyone else. Sorry for the odd mix-up with that. I've removed those data files from the repository, so future downloads should be 100% ok now. If there are any more issues regarding this mod, please continue to let me know here. =)

Got it, I'm planning on just setting up one central thread in the future regarding all of my mods and just putting all of that information there. GitHub will continue to be the storage for all of my mods. The original idea was to keep my mods separate so there would be more separation between the two, but I see now that it has only caused more headaches than anything. Thanks a ton for your feedback.

• oh no

oh no Big Damn Hero

Been playing with this a while, I think it's a great addition. I noticed a couple of things though. The old stamina line in Build_EnduranceData.txt seems to be used every time the mod calculates your stamina. I found one of the in-game items that boosts your stamina and noted my new max stamina before I went to bed and checked afterward and sure enough, my stamina was back to the pre-upgrade level. I also noticed that this line is set to 392 instead of 270, the vanilla base stamina value, so that's why people are having a sudden boost without changing any settings.

Looking forward to future updates for this, and thanks for all the hard work!

• zipy199522

Found the errors that everyone was mentioning regarding old_stamina/old_health and giving you awkward boosts in the beginning due to me adding one to many files to the mod repository and being associated with my testing-character. Also fixed the issue where using stamina-increasing items in the game would have no effect due to using this mod. Both BuildHealth and BuildEndurance have been updated to reflect these changes. I recommend keeping your BuildEndurance_data.txt and BuildHealth_data.txt in order to keep your own personal progress thus far, while downloading the new versions of BuildEndurance.dll and BuildHealth.dll to fix these issues. Thanks everyone for your patience. =)