REQUEST Storage Space in your horse!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SKKN, May 3, 2016.

1. SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

I wonder why no one thought of this yet. It'll be nice if your horse could hold items for your just like your backpack. Maybe 12 or 24 slots space. You would be able to access those items only if you get on your horse by bringing up the item page. It won't be CHEAT mod but it would make those fishing and foraging trips much more fun and relaxing instead of having to drop everything you have just to give space for that one gold item.

Wonder if this could be done.

alan88, XaviiKinz and mvhnexus like this.
    • Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

You mean like saddlebags? It could be a craftable item. I would go for that if someone could make it.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
        lannihamm likes this.
      • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Yes thank you, saddlebags. The word was lost in my head lol. Maybe not an craftable item but maybe an additional upgrade from robin for your stable.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I thought about it but jumping on your horse requires immediate action with use of the same button which would be troublesome overall.

• Kashmir

Either way, it's a great idea.

• Kashmir

Maybe just extra space in your inventory when your horse is out?

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

That would be cool but I'm pretty sure it's hardcoded in the UI. Define a chest ID to the horse maybe, like using the other mouse button while highlighting with a hand overlay label sort of thing. I still like this idea, I'm just not willing to code it myself. Hope it will find a taker, there are quite a creative bunch working around here.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I would say that the saddle bags work when your NOT on your horse, so when your near your horse and click, it opens the saddle bag inventory. When you are right next to your horse, you jump on, so it depends on the distance

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

No I don't think you guys get what I meant. I meant that when you get on your horse and when you press "e" to bring up your item page, you will see maybe a new bracket of slots under the normal one which is for stuff inside the horse(Saddle bag).

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

But when you press 'e' does it recognize where you are, including when you are on your horse? I think it just opens the menu and doesn't check what is going on with you (I have brought up the menu while being attacked in the mines so I can grab food and not die and a few times when the game froze in the Museum I could still open/close the menu)

• alan88

alan88 Void-Bound Voyager

awesome idea i love it :confirm::confirm::confirm:

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Thanks!! Hope someone could tackle on this mod soon. We all would love it.

Plus it would give us more reason not to leave the poor horse in the pouring rain outside the mine-carts lol. :)

alan88 likes this.