1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Steam Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by seth-rah, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth-rah

seth-rah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question :)
    Will Starbound be available to pre-order through steam any time soon [with or without tiers]

Reason asking is because I do not see any thread on the topic and I come from a third world country where online payments are troubling... however I do still have sufficient steam cash left to be able to make the purchase through steam :)

Sorry if the question has been asked before but I did not see it.

Thanks in advance :)

2. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

I doubt they will do it. However I agree, some people can't pay with those 3 options. But then again, is beta really that important for you? The game will be purchasable on steam eventually.

I mean, I want subway, but there's no "Subway" here, doesn't mean I have to bother them to open one here.

Ok, my example might be stupid, but...this is just a preorder to boost their developing speed. In the end the final product will be easy to purchase.

3. seth-rah

seth-rah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is not necessarily the beta... but purchasing while I still have the cash for it.
    I am bad when it comes to saving if I see something what really attracts my attention
    But that is just a personal flaw

4. afaik this preorder will get you a steam key for the game upon release

as for preordering through steam, I'm not sure and I don't think they will

KirasiN likes this.
  5. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

...But I am desperate for a beta.
    I have played a few (Minecraft being the most notable one), and I only played them to help the devs make a better game - they always were going in good direction(s), but feedback was still needed.

Starbound, being a very complex and extensive (not complicated or expensive, though) WILL need user feedback to find out bugs etc.

And while I COULD pay with PayPal, it's just too much hassle often times. I can't stress enough how many times I have delayed buying something via PayPal compared to PaySafeCard...

And then we have the whole Steam Early Access thingy...

6. KirasiN

I see, well let's hope they will add more payment options, however don't get your hopes up. I saw a lot of people asking for easier payment methods like paysafe and Qiwi, so perhaps they will make those avaiilable.

7. KirasiN

Can you explain to me what's your issue with paypal? Second post of yours that I read complaining about it being a hassle/slow. Not trying to be offensive, just curious.

8. Kombucha

Kombucha Orbital Explorer

You get a steam key with the pre-order anyway.

9. AkuTenshiiZero

AkuTenshiiZero Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please tell me there are plans to do a direct pre-order through Steam. I would rather use Stem Cash to purchase the game, due to my lack of credit card and general dislike of third-party payment systems. I just hope they realize how huge of a market they're not reaching if they don't go direct through Steam. Between those like me who have limited options, and the inherent advertisement that comes with Steam, that's a lot of people.

I seem to recall they planned to release the game through Steam eventually, but the sooner the better. I'd like to show my support and pre-order to help fund the game, but if I can't then...Well, I can't.

10. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Yep
    oh gosh you're overrunning us all with your badges

11. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

Preorder without a beta? You might as well dangle a juicy stake on a string in front of a starving man without giving it to him. Yes I have preordered, I thought one word "BETA"!

12. Freekill

Freekill Pangalactic Porcupine

Even if you do have to miss out on this particular pre-order even you'll still be able to purchase it through Steam once it gets released, so it's not like you'll be missing out on the game itself. I do understand your frustration though, I have a friend in a similar situation. He always dumps his spare cash into Steam wallet instead of holding onto it so now he's a bit upset that he can't do this pre-order at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.