1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Steam Multiplayer "Join failed! No server response received"

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tegz0rz, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Tegz0rz

Tegz0rz Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, sorry if this is a repost! I tried searching for this issue, but couldn't find anything with a solution. There seems to be this persisting issue where some of my friends, not all, can't join my game through steam. I can play just fine with some, but others get an error when they try to join me saying "Join failed! No server response received"

[​IMG]

We're pretty frustrated, as there don't seem to be any solutions for this issue yet. If someone could help us solve this, we'd be ever so grateful. We've tried disabling our firewalls to see if that was an issue, but it wasn't the case. We just play on the normal version of Starbound, not the nightly or unstable builds.

2. APerfidiousDane

APerfidiousDane Void-Bound Voyager

Are you playing with mods? Are your friends? We get this error on our server sometimes when mods become out of date or there is some similar conflict. Do you have a log of your client outputs? I suspect there is something there listed once they try to connect. If not you should be able to run a command line prompt from your starbound folder and run 'starbound.exe > output.txt' and have a friend who has this issue attempt to connect, then quit out and see what that .txt file says.