1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Status of PS Vita port?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Almighty TaDaryl, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Was announced a long while ago, so just wondering if the project was abandoned or is still in the works.

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

likely it is as dead as the linux and mac support :(

• I really hope not. Going to college in a month and having a portable version of the game would be sweet. Sure, I could use my laptop, but in all honesty the Vita would be better for gaming.

I remember seeing a post about RoR running on Vita over a year ago, so it is kind of goofy not hearing anymore.

• Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

Indeed. News about this version has been scarce.

• ciuccio2000

ciuccio2000 Void-Bound Voyager

Up.
            C'mon, we want it so much.

• Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think they care enough to (or can) even say "We cancelled it", or "Please be patient", or "Soon™", etc. At least not here.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
              • Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Last I heard the main RoR dev was too busy with college to put work into RoR. So maybe after he's done with college he'll pick RoR back up or something.
                I'm hoping other individuals if not an entire new dev team is assigned to RoR. It's one of my favorite games, it's great!
                But the bugs right now are pretty bad, to the point I don't even want to play any more (falling through the map eternally is only fun the first time, and it makes looping impossible unless you pick up a TON of maneuvering items..)

I really would love to see Risk of Rain returned to life, but it's not gonna happen any time soon, and it's extremely unlikely to happen anywhere but PC for a very very long time.

Yarott likes this.