Modding Help Static, non-generated images for generated weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Draconix, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Draconix

Draconix Space Hobo

Does anybody know how to make set images for generated weapons (ones that don't use the RNGd weapon sprite generator)? I want to figure out how to make weapons that have generated stats, but have images that I can set in the editor.

Thanks!

2. Horizons Reach

Horizons Reach Void-Bound Voyager

Demonstrably i could be an asshole and brush you off and tell you to go read stickies that don't help you at all,
    or I could tell you to modify the directory parameter depending on which gun you wanted to edit.

Ex: Edit the commonassultrifle.generatedgun if you wanted to modify where the gun draws the texture from.

I wonder which would be nicer.

3. Draconix

Draconix Space Hobo

I tried that before posting. It doesn't work. I want to make a gun that has all the properties of a generated gun, yet has the appearance of, say, a Brain Extractor. Because of the way the system works, the directory I set must have three subfolders: "barrel", "butt", and "middle" each with different images inside from which to construct a final sprite. I'm trying to accomplish this without having to edit the folders (the simplest solution would be to copy the image into a new directory and paste it into the three subfolders, which I do not want to do). What I'm asking is if there is a way to override the directory parameter.

4. Horizons Reach

Horizons Reach Void-Bound Voyager

The answer i gave you is probably the easiest to do, i can't figure it out beyond that.
    When you don't know it, just wing it. :rofl: