Digital Starventure! A Comic

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vurrunna, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh boy, he comes on pretty strong doesn't he? Like your back? Whoooooa buddy, little early to be saying things like that. :rofl:
    Just kidding ya, it looks great! :D

Captain Karo likes this.
  2. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Starventure! 006.png
    I didn't use the sketchy style since it takes longer (I draw a sketch, draw a final result over the sketch, and then just clean up the sketch a bit and display them both, whereas here I just draw the sketch and clean it up), though I did make the lines a bit darker! I think next time I'll try using some background shading so as to give the characters a healthy contrast.

3. Vurrunna

Starventure! 007.png
    Whelp, somethin' happened.

4. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Whoa, what the heck? :O

5. Vurrunna

Starventure! 008.png
    I didn't have time to explain yesterday, but I'm gonna create some actual story/plot, rather than have "Sit around in a space ship and make jokes."

I also didn't mention that I found a way that looks good and is pretty easy! I basically draw the same way as I do on paper; with many lines. How this idea never occurred to me is beyond me.

6. Iskiribbles

Iskiribbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The plot thickens! I wonder what happened :V

Kaiachi likes this.
  7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh boy, this is interesting! What happened before? Did the others survive? Tune in next time on Starventure!

8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I find this thread amusing. THE INTERGALACTIC ADVENTURES OF FISH PLANT MAN! TUNE IN NEXT WEEK! Sorry, had to get that out.

Chrillzilla and Kaiachi like this.
  9. intrepid-explorer

intrepid-explorer Phantasmal Quasar

So you're saying, "Baby's got back?" Normally it's okay to compliment anything not concealed by clothing...and some Floran starting clothes reveal the back...but not the one that this Floran is wearing. So, yes, our SeaWeed is bad with the ladies.

I don't visit Fan Art often (too much to do) but I really like your style. You convey a lot of information, actions, and emotions with just a few lines and that takes skill. For that reason, I prefer your thinner lines to the "sketchy" ones.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    ZAYABUCKET and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  10. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

:iswydt: Aw hell yeah, that was good, dude. Real good.
    I concur! He's really good at making something simple do a whole lot for a picture. I'm biased towards sketches, but both are rather nice.

ZAYABUCKET likes this.
  11. Vurrunna

Yet another addition of STARVENTURE! (bum budda bum!)
    Starventure! 009 Sketchy.png
    ... With alternates.
    Starventure! 009 Shade.png Starventure! 009.png
    One of these has some basic shading, while the other has just regular lines.
    This is the kind of compliment that really hits home with me; it's easy to get "You're good," but not often do I get "You're good because..." Thank you very much for your words/compliment/what-have-you! I think I'll stick with sketchy lines since they're much easier (three kinda-straight lines are better than one), but it's good to know what I'm doing right.

I wanted the Floran to say "It's dangerous to go alone; take this!" But I didn't have enough room. :cry:

Last thing; everybody's gettin' names! The seaweed is now Rex (surREXit pisces, Latin for rose and fish), the AI is FLORA (Friendly Localized Operations Regulating Accomplice), and the doctor from earlier is Ander Romanoff.

12. Vurrunna

Starventure! 010.png
    Just a quick one today; I think I could have done better, but I'm too lazy. I'M SORRY.

Also, this marks the beginning of Rex's travels on a server! From here on out, his story will be made up mostly of his actual interactions with other on a roleplaying server. Fun!

13. Iskiribbles

I just love how he just survived from a , probabily explosion/raid/monster destruction of lab (pick one) , and the person on the radio is very chill about the whole situation (probabily doesnt know what happened). im betting its a human!

Kaiachi likes this.
  14. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

lol, pretty much! Just 'Yep." :rofl:

Iskiribbles likes this.
  15. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

The AI should have said i am error.

16. Vurrunna

zzz... *SNRK* Huh? Wha?

OH NO!! I missed tuesday!!!

Um, um, quick, maybe if I post a new page they won't notice!

Starventure! 011.png
    I has to skip over Rex's confusion over what the Outpost is. Aw, well. He'll freak out over it later!

Also, yesterday I broke my self set trend of pumpin' this story out one page a day. At least I have a lame excuse; I was building Rex's story! By playing video games. But seriously, any day I don't make a picture I feel lazy.

Also, this one looks surprisingly nice and clean. I really like it! :DD

Also, I just used also so much!

17. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

That one really looks good!
    I love his expressions! :rofl:

18. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Dat face in panal one tho.

rhomboid likes this.
  19. intrepid-explorer

intrepid-explorer Phantasmal Quasar

I think that should occur happen in the next cartoon. Seaweed, I mean Rex, lied about his teleporter to avoid awkwardness, and will now realize the consequences of the lie. That's one of the setups for good comedy.

20. Iskiribbles

"You got a teleporter?" "Of course" He says as he might die from using a malfunctioning machine, what could go wrong.:nope: