1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarTech Alpha v0.29-4d530ea

Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

1. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Pangalactic Porcupine

zetaPRIME submitted a new mod:

StarTech - Transmatter networks! Technological advancements like you'd expect in a universe like Starbound's!

Read more about this mod...

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I'll definitly keep an eye on it ^-^

~ Iris ~

3. Xilosc

Xilosc Void-Bound Voyager

I like where this is headed. In fact I'm probably going to get a lot of use out of it as it is already. If I could make one request, for hoarders like myself, it would be wonderful to be able to name the discs. Unless you can and I haven't figured it out yet. I still need to play with it more.

4. zetaPRIME

Well, the description does display the current filter settings (so you could have, say, "#ore #ingot #gem" to hold everything from iron ore to prism shards, and tell at a glance what's in there); is that sufficient? I'm thinking of having a way to rename just-about-any item in some mod in the suite, so that will of course carry over to these too.

5. kriana

kriana Big Damn Hero

I second the request for naming discs. I'd also like more than just a simple search for the terminal if possible. Maybe apply the filters to that one as well? Or allow the possibility of selecting a certain drive or drive bay to restrict to? That being said, naming drive bays would also be helpful. I could see a situation where I have a drive bay named crafting, and drives for ore, gems etc. The tooltip is handy for now though.

ETA:
    I put together a quick tutorial on how to use this, please let me know if I missed anything:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/537xox/startech_storage_mod/

I *really* enjoy this mod. Thanks for making it!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  6. zetaPRIME

You can, actually; just prefix your search with a slash and a space.

7. kriana

kriana Big Damn Hero

Oh man I was trying to figure that one out and gave up. Thanks!!

8. JediKitteh

JediKitteh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was just thinking about how i wished someone would make a mod like AE2 for starbound! Awesome! Thanks :D

9. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Is this on the workshop? Also, how do the drives work? Are they furniture that just store items and can be wired up, or are there actual drive items like in Applied Energistics? Oh, and, is it possible to make a super soaryn drive? :rofl:

10. zetaPRIME

Yep, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764888606

Drives are items like in AE; and not exactly a Super Soaryn Drive per se (there are no subnets, but no channels either so you can just hook up a huge block of drivebays)

11. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

I crashed after breaking a chest connected via storage bus and then interacting with a terminal. Paste binned log here: http://pastebin.com/nvYiXLaN
    Also, any chance of input/output busses happening?

12. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

I crashed after doing the exact same thing endertrot did: broke a chest connected to a storage bus, then interacted with a terminal.

Worse, the mod seems to have completely eaten a bunch of stuff I put into a storage chip. I had just about finished transferring the contents of my "metals" storage chest into a 16k chip, when half of the stuff stored on that chip just disappeared. It's not in my inventory, it's not in a chest anywhere, it's not on the ground, it's definitely not in the chip; it's just gone. Unfortunately, I don't remember what precise thing I did right before the stuff disappeared; I was too busy trying frantically to find it. So I'm sorry I can't make this a more helpful bug report. :-/

Edit: It did it again! I had emptied the chip completely out, shed a single tear over my lost metals, and went to try it the thing out on some furniture I don't care about instead. I'd put a bunch of new crap into the chip, then accidentally shift-clicked on a kelp sapling. Then my game froze for kind of a long time. When it unfroze, most of the crap I'd put in there was gone. Can't find it anywhere. The kelp sapling made it into the chip though. :-/

This might be some kind of mod interference; I have a bunch of mods. The kelp sapling that triggered this melt-down has a blank thumbnail, which is weird, which leads me to suspect that maybe it's something I only have because of a mod? I'm really not sure. (The "More Saplings" mod gives you saplings for things you wouldn't normally get saplings for.)

In any case, I guess it's back to chests and storage lockers for me. I hope you can fix it!

Edit #2: Also, I can't get what little remains of my stuff back *out* of storage. I think maybe the kelp sapling that triggered the problem is also screwing up the chip now that it's in there? Not sure. I can take the chip out and put it back in again and so on, and I can see my stuff, but I can't remove it.

I saved a log after the second time I lost stuff, but is that actually likely to be of any help to you?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  13. zetaPRIME

1) pastebin truncated your log, it looks like? try uploading elsewhere if you still have that particular log
    2) yep, I/O buses on the way

log == yesplz

Not sure why the storage bus crash (I thought I fixed that?), but the kelp sapling probably futzed up some caching in itemutil due to an apparently-not-so-safe assumption about saplings, and derped up something in the drive bay's lua environment. I'll have the sapling thing fixed within a few minutes.

14. qualiyah

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/UAeyiGyr

I don't think saplings are the *only* problem, because the *first* time the storage chip ate half my stuff, I'm quite certain I hadn't stuck any saplings in there. Just metals, ores, and a few related things....maybe glass, snowflakes, scorched cores, diamonds, crystals. I was also able to get my stuff back out afterwards that time.

15. zetaPRIME

Hmm. Are you certain the stuff's all actually missing? Start the game up fresh and check; the only thing that log reports is that the terminal UI crashed due to-- oh wait, you'll need to download the current StarTech from github first; just toss that into your mods folder and disable whatever release version you're using for now.

EDIT: Also, the storage bus crash doesn't seem to be happening with Improved Containers; might be something ES is doing?

16. qualiyah

I'm quite sure the stuff's gone; I did try closing the game and loading it up fresh, and it was all still gone.

Also, is the .pak version available here on the forums no good? I just downloaded it today.

17. zetaPRIME

With the sapling in there, the terminal UI would have crashed *in the middle of building the list*; the current git state (not release, what you get when you just download the repo) has those two bugs fixed.

18. qualiyah

Ahhh, I get it. So it might be the stuff would be in there once the bug stops making it crash midway through displaying the contents to me? I wish I knew what caused the crash the first time it happened.

Unfortunately...I ran into a different bug shortly afterwards, and was afraid this mod was the cause (it totally wasn't), so I uninstalled it. So....now all the pretty storage chips etc. are perfectly generic items, so I can't test the above theory to see if it makes my items reappear.

Oh well. Thanks for the help.

19. qualiyah

New bug report: I downloaded the github version of the mod, then made all the items, but now my game crashes when I try to open the drive bay to put a storage chip inside.

The error I get says this (copied by hand, possible I got it slightly wrong):

Exception caught in client main-loop
    (Asset Exception) Error loading asset /interface/tech/storagenet/drivebay.config

It gives me a screen saying that, then the game closes.

20. zetaPRIME

...That... uh... definitely shouldn't be happening o.o make sure your files are complete, since it certainly doesn't happen on my end