1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starstructor, the Starbound toolset 0.7.5145.12730

Starstructor is a graphical .dungeon and .structure (ship) editor

1. leroysmith

leroysmith Space Hobo

I would like to point out that there either is now download link or it got corrupted, but i would like to download this if someone could please post a working link.

scratch that, i see my problem now, i have no .exe file in the download i am getting.[DOUBLEPOST=1430394116][/DOUBLEPOST]thank you

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. hanleybrand

hanleybrand Phantasmal Quasar

Now that .Net is out (in preview anyway) for Mac and Linux, is there a chance that the project could be converted to .Net 5 so that it could just be cross-compiled?

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about .Net - I tried compiling the project on the mac with the mono IDE last week (fail) and today with the new command line tools from MS (
    dnx . run Program.cs (also tried Starstructor.sln, Program.cs and Starstructor.csproj )) but no dice.

I'll try the new MS code editor and see how that goes. I guess there may have to be some mac specific stuff added to the project.

3. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Does this work anymore?

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

No there has been massive changes to the code since this was made.
    Making it by hand is simple enough there are a few tutorials in the modding section about dungeon creation which are still relevant

5. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

By hand huh? Sounds tedious

6. RS219

RS219 Void-Bound Voyager

Moreso for us people with zilch coding skills. I just wanted a way to move my captain's chair and delete that space-wasting research station, and to my dismay the Breakable Ship Parts mod only applies to new ships.

7. drakray

drakray Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has anyone though about a remake of this tool?
    Because as I see it, there is no other alternative to "easily" make the image and structure/dungeon file.
    (I might try and take a look at what I can do with my little coding skill)

8. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

The developers actually made their own program called 'Tiled'. Not sure when/if it's coming out to the public, though.

9. Jackie2581

Jackie2581 Title Not Found

can someone update this mod so it wont crash every time it tries to load assets?

10. espilonarge

espilonarge Big Damn Hero

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cont5acpechlnzb/Starstructor.zip?dl=0

I had to find a way to compile the latest myself (I was in the same books regarding crashes). Remember, you need to unpack the packed.pak assets or you won't be able to see anything in Graphical Display mode.

11. Jackie2581

Jackie2581 Title Not Found

exactly what I did glad to know that this mod isn't rotting away

12. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It is rotting away because Tiledbound is going to be released and the old image file dungeons will disappear.

13. heinermann

heinermann Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What is "Tiledbound"?

Starstructor is rotting right now because
    1) Starbound is changing too much.
    2) It needs to be redesigned (to cope with #1, minimize development, not rely on file formats so much, and make it easier for new functionality to be added).
    3) Nobody else in the community seems willing to contribute to the project (everyone can if they want to, just fork and submit pull requests).
    4) There are no continuous delivery practices that automate the release process.

I'll throw some design ideas into a document and see what happens.

14. Mackinz

A version of "Tiled" for Starbound that has been used by the devs to create so many dungeons already. See the .json files in /dungeons/? Those were made with Tiledbound.

...though, reportedly, the release has been pushed back to be closer to "1.0", so an updated Starstructor would not be bad.

15. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey Kel - loved this mod back when I was modding and I was wondering if you would be updating this soon?

Are there other alternatives to this wonderful WYSIWYG editor for Starbound?

16. Mackinz

Yes.

Tiled. As explained above. Now it is released, and instructions can be found here: http://starbounder.org/Modding:Tiled

Shadewarp likes this.
  17. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you! I searched for it but couldn't find anything ;)

18. Ritalia

Ritalia Intergalactic Tourist

HELP
    :nurunega:
    can not open a map -.-
    Which path should I seek?
    File, and then opening and then?

[​IMG]
    download: Help screen.

Attached Files:

19. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine