1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starstructor, the Starbound toolset 0.7.5145.12730

Starstructor is a graphical .dungeon and .structure (ship) editor

1. Kel^

Kel^ Pangalactic Porcupine

What pages are you talking about? As far as I'm aware there is only one page on the Chucklefish website, which has the download button placed right at the top in a place almost impossible to miss.

2. Ammeg88

Ammeg88 Tentacle Wrangler

Yea, the other page I found led me to a website, it said "Download Unavailable" and then a external link which sent me to a page which is a github
    .com page (damn you can't add links) which is then /Starstructor/starstructor <--- that was the downloads that didn't work.

It could very well have been a bug of an older version of the download or something.

Also, try not to make me feel dumb just because this page has a downloadable link that actually works. It is kinda rude. I did even express that I was unsure why it wasn't working when I first posted.

3. Kel^

Kel^ Pangalactic Porcupine

I think what must have happened is that you missed the download link and clicked instead on the link to the source code (which takes you to GitHub), then got lost in those pages, expecting to find a download of the binaries there! I'm not sure how I can improve this, really -- the link to the source code is there for other develops to modify. I can't remove that link.

4. Ammeg88

Ammeg88 Tentacle Wrangler

I didn't miss anything, it said Unavailable, as previously stated, it could have been a bug.

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Did this download link never show up for you?

6. Ensign_Lemonade

Ensign_Lemonade Intergalactic Tourist

Hey guys! I am so interested in this mod I actually drew out a massive blueprint on a white paper while I was bored and made a real cool world.

My problem is I lead it to the assets folder (I have unpacked it) but I can't load any dungeons or ships. In fact, when I go into the asset folder there is simply nothing there. Maybe this will help: http://i62.tinypic.com/2hdd0yu.jpg

Should I delete, reinstall, and re-unpack the assets? I don't mind doing that, I have millions of full Starbound backup folders ._.

Edit* Also, ALL of the dungeon folders are empty. Besides a few like Microdungeons. This -could- very well explain why I don't encounter any more dungeons at -all-

7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Hm...
    Give a screen by screen tutorial on what you did.
    ((Print Screen button copies the screen to the clipboard.))

8. Ensign_Lemonade

Ensign_Lemonade Intergalactic Tourist

I solved it. First I ran a diagnostic and found many things missing, I believe it was from mods (specifically FCS mod, because it turns the drop ships into small wooden build areas). Here is the link to the page where I ask for help, show a screenshot, then solve it by myself: http://community.playstarbound.com/...his-goes-but-i-need-help-asset-problem.83262/

Basically! If your asset folder is empty just re-run the unpacker.batch file. It's that simple.

Edit: I am just -guessing- FCS mod did this. If anyone can confirm or debunk that, I'd appreciate it.

Edit2: Quick questions:

1. How do I change height/width of my ship?
    2. Do I open dropship.structure or dropship2.structure?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I think a good next goal should be programming an option to make an NPC brush in the program. Making it manually can get really confusing!

Ensign_Lemonade likes this.
  10. Kagamine Len

Kagamine Len Orbital Explorer

Tried this out today, fun program. would love to see a selection tool added so i can copy and paste sections without having to redo the same thing over and over. still currently the best editor around though :3[DOUBLEPOST=1411432779][/DOUBLEPOST]
    don't know if anyone answered you or if you figured it out yourself but dropship.structure is the one to use :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  11. Whale Cancer

Whale Cancer Big Damn Hero

I get a crash when I run Starstructor: "Starstructor has stopped working"

I removed all versions of .NET using the .NET cleaner tool, but I could not install .4 (it says it is already a part of the operating system)

I am on windows 8. Any thoughts?

12. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

nightly, right? i have the same problem

13. Whale Cancer

Ah yes, that is correct. I should have mentioned that.

The log shows a few glitch assets missing but it doesn't look like a fatal error.

14. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

it does not work with nightly, even if you fix the missing assets (i did it) it will not work
    wait for update

15. Whale Cancer

Alright.

Disappointing, but I understand. I guess I need to hold off on my dungeons then.

16. heinermann

heinermann Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just started work on updating to work with unstable. I'm going to continue developing the C# version rather than the C++ version. My reasons are as follows:
    1. It's already developed to a usable state.
    2. It can be made cross-platform with mono. I will be testing it on both Ubuntu and Windows 8.1 platforms.
    I just fixed the issues with material loading and dungeons. Ship files are broken and I'll take a look at them next, followed by bug fixes, then enhancements and features.

I just dream that I can create Castlevania (I won't say which one!). It will work well now with missions and dungeon shield generators to prevent block destruction.

greenRAM, Kel^ and Whale Cancer like this.
  17. Norway174

Norway174 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any updates on this? Doesn't seem to work anymore in Upbeat Giraffe.

18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The mod author seems to have gone silent, but he's still very active it seems.

19. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

On Dec 22 he said he was working on an update, so I would say just wait a little more

nubnubbud and espilonarge like this.
  20. heinermann

heinermann Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not the author, and anyone is free to update it. See https://github.com/Starstructor/starstructor
    My commits between Dec. 21 and 23 fixed a few bugs and got things to work again. I'm not sure how the formats changed since then though since I've also been busy with other projects and now school is back on as well.
    I had originally planned to do a bit more work but it ended up getting placed on the backburner again.

I think the biggest problem right now is that the editing layout and format is too closely coupled, and that part of the editor needs to be redesigned and abstracted.