1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion StarryPy - A plugin driven server wrapper written in Python.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Carrots Are Mediocre, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

2. Anselm

Anselm Orbital Explorer

I'm using 1.2.3, via the link from the main post.

3. Silverforte

That version has not been updated since February 4th, the link I provided was updated more recently and includes some changes to how admins login to the game. The information in this thread (and in the help docs) is not accurate nor up to date.

4. Anselm

Anselm Orbital Explorer

I've got it working now! Thanks a ton. Is there any way to automate the process of launching the starbound server then Starrypy? I'm hoping to have them launch on the server computer startup to help lower maintenance.

5. Silverforte

I have no idea. I rcon a server for someone else and all it takes is to launch the starbound server. Starrypy always launches with it after I've launched it once.

6. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

I think blacklist is missing something, because peoples are ables to collect crops even if they are not whitelisted.

Cheers.

7. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey guys can you help

a friend is trying to install the master github version, but
    [​IMG]
    the fuck does this mean and what do they need to triple check to fix it?

8. dragonl

dragonl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When the server starts me some errors = (, not mean or how to fix it, could you help me please?! Appears. I am new to this.

http://pastebin.com/EBKUi6Ht

Nor do I get administrator access to the server, I leave my configuration file to see if you can help me:

Starbound.config:
    http://pastebin.com/CzvN7NVG

config.json:
    http://pastebin.com/CNHCUmvp

In the game I tried to put "hola001" (is the temporary password that I set) in the field "Server Username", I also tried it on "Server Password", and in both fields. And whenever I access the server as a guest =(.

What I fail?

Many thanks for your help

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  9. Brockway

Did the devs plan to upgrade the wrapper to the new update ?

Cheers.

10. Captain Fabulous

Captain Fabulous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just started a server and installed StarryPy today. I got it all running, but whenever I connect to the server, this happens:
    Code:
    2015-05-02 18:43:51,336 - ERROR - starrypy.plugins.player_manager # Exception in on_connect_response, player info may not have been logged.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugins/core/player_manager/plugin.py", line 114, in on_connect_response
      connection_parameters = connect_response().parse(data.data)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 187, in parse
      return self.parse_stream(BytesIO(data))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 197, in parse_stream
      return self._parse(stream, Container())
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 661, in _parse
      subobj = sc._parse(stream, context)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 287, in _parse
      return self._decode(self.subcon._parse(stream, context), context)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 397, in _parse
      return _read_stream(stream, self.lengthfunc(context))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 304, in _read_stream
      raise FieldError("expected %d, found %d" % (length, len(data)))
    FieldError: expected 88, found 40
    2015-05-02 18:43:51,349 - ERROR - starrypy.plugins.announcer_plugin # Unknown error in after_connect_response.
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugins/announcer_plugin/announcer_plugin.py", line 17, in after_connect_response
      c = connect_response().parse(data.data)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 187, in parse
      return self.parse_stream(BytesIO(data))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 197, in parse_stream
      return self._parse(stream, Container())
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 397, in _parse
      return _read_stream(stream, self.lengthfunc(context))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/construct/core.py", line 304, in _read_stream
      raise FieldError("expected %d, found %d" % (length, len(data)))
    FieldError: expected 88, found 40
    2015-05-02 18:43:51,356 - ERROR - starrypy.plugin_manager.PluginManager # Error in plugin <Plugin instance: loginwho_plugin (version .1)> with function after_connect_response.
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugin_manager.py", line 166, in do
      res = getattr(plugin, command, lambda _: True)(data)
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugins/loginwho_plugin/loginwho_plugin.py", line 18, in after_connect_response
      self.user_commands.who(data)
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugins/core/player_manager/manager.py", line 444, in wrapped_function
      if self.protocol.player.access_level >= level:
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'access_level'
    2015-05-02 18:43:52,587 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:52,588 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:52,591 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:52,594 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:53,098 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:53,100 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:53,101 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:53,103 - WARNING - starrypy # Received unknown message ID (55) from client.
    2015-05-02 18:43:53,145 - ERROR - starrypy.plugin_manager.PluginManager # Error in plugin <Plugin instance: planet_protect (version 0.1)> with function on_connect_wire.
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugin_manager.py", line 166, in do
      res = getattr(plugin, command, lambda _: True)(data)
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugins/planet_protect/planet_protect_plugin.py", line 21, in <lambda>
      setattr(self, n, (lambda x: self.planet_check()))
      File "/home/memer69/StarryPy/plugins/planet_protect/planet_protect_plugin.py", line 30, in planet_check
      if self.protocol.player.on_ship:
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'on_ship'

The ship just starts to load before the connection is lost. The shipworld of the character I logged in as shows up in Starbound's universe folder, but StarryPy doesn't log any player information. I'm at a total loss as to what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if there's any more information needed just let me know.

Snowpup likes this.
  11. Brockway

Obviously the wrapper have not been updating since a long time and several updates now, so dont hope for any compatibility.

Cheers.

12. Tsunder

Tsunder Phantasmal Quasar

wrapper's been updated recently, most plugins work w/ SG

13. lordglythglyth

lordglythglyth Pangalactic Porcupine

is this easy to install on creaperhost or servercraft?

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  14. Brockway

you maybe have to tell me where, because i check both repo recently and nothing...

15. Brockway

16. Tsunder

17. Brockway

18. iZed

iZed Orbital Explorer

19. iZed

iZed Orbital Explorer

Bump. Anyone can says me this work on last version of Starbound or no?

20. Tsunder

I don't think it's working for Spirited Giraffe, but it is for Upbeat Giraffe, the stable version :D

iZed likes this.