1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starrybound Server [1.2] - An Advanced Server Wrapper for Starbound - Spawn Protection!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zidonuke, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

question? any way to turn METEORS off entirely? griefers are using them as weapons and i wanted to know if there was a way to ban that as a projectile on server

2. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

The fabled meteor rain weapon... my god you came across it to? What did you do to stop it? I complained and then repetitively banned the user on multiple usernames from the server. But it was glorious i seen one planet get annihilated to pieces by meteors. Nonstop showering from the skies

3. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

we're doing something different, we're modding the server files directly to neut meteor damage to 0... cause the server would still need to spawn the chunks in some way... i'm thinking to delete them entirely off the server.

4. Sethh

Sethh Subatomic Cosmonaut

You should be able to ban meteors completely through the blacklist projectiles in the config.

5. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

tried, my friend has one of these weapons.... any / all of the meteors they used were able to get past the server blacklist even without admin on their account....

Bombs didn't work so the list itself was working and i didn't change it after implementing so the meteor was able to get through the block as we've disabled it globally on the server as much as we can...

6. Sethh

Hmm do you have ALL projectiles blocked?

It might be possible another projectile has been altered to do the same thing meteors do

7. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

I think the best option since the list is so long is to ask the makers to have a disable all projectiles instead of the long list since 1 item is better than 50 to list xD

Protection should allow all types of protection

8. Sethh

From what i have seen the new build has a projectile whitelist which should make things a TON easier

9. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

Hehe, I should get the new build but with the issues I've seen here I kinda want to keep the old one till upgrade is needed xD

10. Sethh

Unfortunately i seem to still have the issue with clients having trouble connecting to the server :/

11. Or Starbound, or Starrybound is incredible sensitive to any packet loss, instead of lag, people instant DC and their Clients even Crash. O-o

12. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

Noticed this as well

13. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Thats SEVERE! Mines not to bad, but anything to fix the spam and lag. Really I would expect a low end server to be able to handle at least 30-50 users, with high ends up to 500+. At least with the teasing talk they mentioned as they were talking pre beta; how the code was going to be good for multiplayer and wouldnt be like minecrafts issues of resource usage. Hopefully they do not dissapoint in the final product because lately game devs have been full of talk and no action. <--- game devs in general, not chucklefish

supernet2, Mathew9R and Bacon like this.
  14. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

you know if you used the default server from the start you would of seen this error.... in my case i call it the ERROR WALL.....

it's been around for ages.... 3rd month or so that i've known about it.

during this so called ERROR WALL, players are unable to connect and it can crash servers....

15. Mathew9R

Mathew9R Space Penguin Leader

Just wondering, The next version will contain commands and chat via the console window and RCON right?

Because if it ends up being just RCON, I'll need to know how I can use said RCON.

16. Crashdoom

Crashdoom Pangalactic Porcupine

We're not planning on adding console commands as it would add another thread we'd have to continually run in the console. RCON will have a full how-to and (if I can get it finished quick enough) a desktop program that you'll be able to use to manage your server via RCON :)

Mathew9R likes this.
  17. Mathew9R

Mathew9R Space Penguin Leader

Okay that makes much more sense, Thanks :)

Just getting a little sick and tired of having to keep logging into game to talk/use commands if you know what I mean ;)

18. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

i hope you guys get the protection bulked up before the next wipe so we can start with full protection :3

19. traxo

traxo Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds great. But will there be an API (+ documentation) so we can program our own RCON interfaces?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.