1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starrybound Server [1.2] - An Advanced Server Wrapper for Starbound - Spawn Protection!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Zidonuke, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Use this, http://www.noip.com/

Download the client, install on the server computer. Register for a free domain, and then in the downloaded client, you log in and add the domain you made. Make it a service so it runs in the background on start-up. If your server is on linux, they have a version for that.

I use them, but with a paid domain. But i started using a free one. I just wanted more customize name.

supernet2 likes this.
  2. Mathew9R

Mathew9R Space Penguin Leader

Wonderful! Thanks :)

3. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Oh yea if your isp changes ips, it doesn't matter because the client updates the domain register.

4. Mathew9R

Mathew9R Space Penguin Leader

I see, Hopefully it should allow people to play once again.

5. I'm encountering this issue. Please advise?

EDIT: Upgrade to latest dev build was complete failure. Had to revert to old release.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

Found bug, Excessively long titles get overlooked by and / all player lists... even my php status file that looks at the logs has a hard time finding me...

So we've made all admin titles long enough to evade sensors!!.... yet /ship and /planet still work

I noticed as well that with many connects / disconnects the players tend to not always be displayed, 3 players joined and none of them showed up... happens to some of us sometimes like the entire process is skipped over.... Maybe the logs are going too fast for the process to keep up... as said before, my status page is getting the same issues as well.... so something is able to evade the normal server logs it seems?

7. traxo

traxo Phantasmal Quasar

Are you binding starbound and starrybound both to your public IP? I think you have to bind starbound to 127.0.0.1

8. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

i never bind the files to ip, leaving them as the default works all the time it seems

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  9. 8055

8055 Space Hobo

thx for this release, its working on my server (come and have a look if you want 8055.dyndns.org / no pw atm).

One question though /item seems to work but is there somewhere a list with all the item names? Some are witouth spaces but some are abbreviated like medkit = Medical Kit. Not sure how i can find out all the correct names.

10. traxo

traxo Phantasmal Quasar

Mortalsinn likes this.
  11. 8055

8055 Space Hobo

awesome thx traxo!

12. Sethh

Sethh Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi i know it is use at your own risk. Although i did have a couple of questions about the build.

Is it normal for it to be generating a new random password everytime i launch the server? (I uninstalled the old starrybound build and used the development build)
    When i use the randomly generated password i am able to get in but it seems the server commands and spawn protection are not being activated.

Will send logs i just need a place to send them :p

Edit: I also tried pasting the development build over the release build but that also didnt help :/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  13. Crashdoom

Crashdoom Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, it's normal for it to generate a new password, that's to prevent people getting access to the server without using the proxy (if they do that we can't kick/ban etc. :p). Also, for the latest version you do need to make sure the player files are username based NOT UUID based as they previously were, if you're still using UUID based then your permissions won't appear in-game. Also all debug logs can be sent to starrybound-dev[at]avilance.com

14. misterducky

misterducky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I keep trying to set a task for this in the Task Scheduler, but I get an exit code of 0x7. I'm not a programmer, and I wouldn't really know how to read the source code to determine what kind of error would be causing such an exit code. Any one have any ideas (I'm new to server administration, and to the task scheduler in general, so I might be able to answer questions, but I can't promise I'll provide anything useful."

15. sshado

sshado Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if I'm missing something but the download of this server doesn't contain a config.json file. Where can I find it?

16. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

boot up the server first, and then shut it down after a few sec. then go look at ur starbound folder.

17. Sethh

Sethh Subatomic Cosmonaut

Edit: I think i got it thank you :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  18. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

what version is it up to, i stopped updating at 1.2.6667 yet i've heard higher versions were released.... this one seems awesomely stable tho :3

19. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

probably won't update again until after the next patch

20. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

i just noticed but the pastebin file could be used as an: asset name / item name search function for the /item command so we could use the actual item name in the /item command itself :)

it'd use a search loop like normal but then break down the line into a list and use position 0 as the itemname

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.