Tool StarPakBrowser

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NNG68, May 4, 2019.

1. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

2. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

unpackandopenfile.png

The | Suit likes this.
  3. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Interesting. Since this is written in Python, does that mean it can support macOS and Linux? I only see win releases and although I have no clue how many Linux/macOS modders there are, it would be nice if those platforms could be supported without too much work.

Not too long ago Microsoft introduced ProjFS and I was looking forward to making a provider for pak files. It's specific to Windows 10 but basically allows you to "project" the pak file as if it's a normal folder. Only files accessed (opened, copied) are unpacked by the logic defined in the provider.

4. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

That sounds good.I am currently perfecting this app, and now it looks like the interface is messy. I will release a full version in the last two days, after that I will try to compile the linux or macOS version.

Errors4l likes this.
  5. Nurdin

Nurdin Space Hobo

Can you give me other link ??

6. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

other type link?

7. Max17

Max17 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wow this thing is amazing, the fact that I don't even need to unpack a whole mod just to look at the file contents makes this awesome, great job!

8. Max17

Getting an error on packing a folder into .pak.

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Owner\\Desktop\\Some Folder\\Starbound Pak Browser\\setting'
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Some Folder\Starbound Pak Browser\temp\contents removed!
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Owner\\Desktop\\Some Folder\\Starbound Pak Browser\\setting'
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Some Folder\Starbound Pak Browser\temp\HLib_2018-08-29_20-29-08 removed!
    TypeError: invalid result from FileDrop.OnDropFiles(), a 'bool' is expected not 'NoneType'
    TypeError: invalid result from FileDrop.OnDropFiles(), a 'bool' is expected not 'NoneType'
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Some Folder\Starbound Pak Browser\temp\packed removed!
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Personal Package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\PersonalPack.pak
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Personal Package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\contents.pak

9. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the feedback the error, can you tell me the specific situation when the program has a problem?

10. Max17

After I click Ok to pack the folder. https://i.imgur.com/2PR30vV.png

I'll take a guess at there being an improper slash at this file path before asset_packer.exe
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  11. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

I just tried it, this problem can occur if the packaged folder name contains spaces. Remove the space in the folder name to be packaged successfully. This problem comes from the packager of starbound itself, and I will think about solving this problem later.:nurusad:

12. Max17

Tried it again with having no spaces in the folder name, got this new error after I deleted everything in the log to have it generate everything in the log to be only that operation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Personal Package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\contents.pak
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Build Your Own Ship C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\byos.pak
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods.pak
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Build Your Own Ship C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Personal Package\asdf.pak
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "filedrop.py", line 8, in OnDropFiles
    File "main.py", line 82, in OnDragFile
    File "pak.py", line 19, in __init__
    PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Starbound\\mods\\BYOS'
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32/asset_packer.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\BYOS C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\byos.pak

13. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

You may have dragged the folder to the program. Currently, the app does not support dragging the folder directly.

14. Max17

I clicked on the Pack button, navigated to the mod folder, then clicked Select Folder on the mod folder.

15. NNG68

NNG68 Void-Bound Voyager

From the log, I can only infer that the packager does not have permission to access the file. I will rewrite the packaging function to try to solve these potential problems.