1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Tool StarPakBrowser

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NNG68, May 4, 2019.

1. NNG68

NNG68 Seal Broken

2. NNG68

NNG68 Seal Broken

3. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Interesting. Since this is written in Python, does that mean it can support macOS and Linux? I only see win releases and although I have no clue how many Linux/macOS modders there are, it would be nice if those platforms could be supported without too much work.

Not too long ago Microsoft introduced ProjFS and I was looking forward to making a provider for pak files. It's specific to Windows 10 but basically allows you to "project" the pak file as if it's a normal folder. Only files accessed (opened, copied) are unpacked by the logic defined in the provider.

4. NNG68

NNG68 Seal Broken

That sounds good.I am currently perfecting this app, and now it looks like the interface is messy. I will release a full version in the last two days, after that I will try to compile the linux or macOS version.

Errors4l likes this.
  5. Nurdin

Nurdin Space Hobo

Can you give me other link ??

6. NNG68

NNG68 Seal Broken

other type link?

7. Max17

Max17 Subatomic Cosmonaut

wow this thing is amazing, the fact that I don't even need to unpack a whole mod just to look at the file contents makes this awesome, great job!