Boss Starman

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Someone100800, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Someone100800

Someone100800 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi I am Someone100800. I have been watching the site for awhile now and have been waiting for Pre-Orders. Anyway i have looked at creatures and bosses to see what exactly can happen. So i thought of a boss. I thought and thought and thought. Then i remembered that me and my cousin created a boss in most of our imaginary games. His name: Starman. This was a man of pure energy. He would kidnap men and take them to his planet: Gantium. He would kill the women and children. Gantium is where he turned those men into his servents: Stargents. Those Stargents would either build more of the empire, or kidnap more men. The way to summon him is to find the Orb of Gantium. There is a Idol of Starman in each destroyed city. You must go to the Idol and use the orb. The Idol explodes as the sky turns blood red. Then Starman will fall where the Idol was once standing. Then you fight him. You can only kill him with ice weapons. He will consume lazors and have his life regenerate. He will shoot energy orbs at you. Tell me what you think!!!!! email me if you want to know more about Starman!:fusrodah::viking:

2. Manry

Manry Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe Starman is a recruitable NPC, he wants to meet you but he's afraid he'll blow your mind, so you have to find him a host who is a rock and roll star so that you can withstand his presence without having your head explode?

Maybe the host has to be one of your already extant NPCs, they have to commit rock and roll suicide to become Starman's body

Carlsman35 likes this.
  3. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This post could use better formatting. Seriously, paragraphs are useful. When you're done talking about one thing and want to move on to another topic, hit the enter key twice, alright?

Now, let's get to this. Starman isn't a good name. It's like calling the Hylotl "Fish Men" or Novakid "Gas men", and the name Starman is already heavily associated with the Mother/Earthbound series. This really doesn't go into depth about what this boss would look like, or his attack patterns. You get a little bit but it isn't nearly enough detail. This is really just not a finished idea.

Three more things I have to say, you spelled lasers wrong, ice weapons may not even be in the game, and there's no such thing as pure energy. You have kinetic energy, potential energy, electrical energy, all that junk, but there is no such thing as pure energy.

In conclusion, this idea seems like something you thought about for a few minutes and then posted without really bothering to think about the details or really get in depth at all. The name isn't that good, there's nothing to set this apart from any other boss suggestion, we know nothing about it.

4. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]
    Seriously though, you could've been nicer about it.

5. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Makes me think about the Starman from Earthbound.

KuroHinotori likes this.
  6. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is the "There can be no hurt feelings in the echo chamber" attitude that I keep ranting about in the IRC. I wasn't rude, I never insulted him or his idea. I expressed my opinion, and my opinion was that this isn't a good idea. I'm not going to bubble wrap my opinion in soft language and utterances of "but it's still okay". The most harsh thing I said was that it seemed like a rushed idea, that's all, and it was a valid remark considering how little detail was put into this suggestion.

Sarzael and arath1 like this.
  7. Muffincat

Muffincat Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Eldritch. This idea was poorly made, and most people wound think of it as a Earthbound easter egg. Although some of my threads are also poorley made, I still have to say this still needs lots of work.

8. KuroHinotori

Fair enough, I come off as rude in some of my comments too, so I can see where you're coming from. It's just that tone is blurred over the internet and blunt honesty can easily be considered rude.

9. FoxBLU

FoxBLU Phantasmal Quasar

10. DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

Have you heard of a photon? It is mass-less and is purely energy.

Also, E = mc²

Starman would only be made of energy. I think you minced his description.

11. Unendingfear

Unendingfear Cosmic Narwhal

Aren't photons basically just light energy, though?

KuroHinotori likes this.
  12. Zeon

Zeon Contact!

baaaaah starman if you are in the game and try to make me roll a sticky ball around to pick stuff up!!!!!

13. DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

Light energy?

Photons can emit more than just visible light(I think that's what you implied.) It depends on the wavelength, energy, or frequency that they are giving off. For example, microwaves, infrared, radio, gamma, x-ray etc.

This doesn't take away from the fact that any photon with any wavelength, energy, or frequency is pure energy(This is where the debate on OP's wording has come into play) and is mass-less.

What interests me further is that if Starman is pure energy and is mass-less, then time doesn't exist for him and he can travel at the speed of light. He would be almost invisible I think if he were moving so when he is still is the only time you could see him(Assuming that he is made of photons that emit into the visible spectrum). Even then he may be very blinding, and it would look like he is teleporting around. I don't know how his timelessness would work from his perspective.

Also, since he's mass-less then most things that emit a gravitational field wouldn't pull him in...except for a BLACK HOLE! So that's his true weakness. Maybe he told people his weakness was ice weapons to distract them from his real weakness. Clever guy he is.

P.S. This idea just sounds like a boss Novakid. Yes it also sounds like Earthbound. I think that having a unique texture instead of just making a large Novakid would be almost redundant.

14. KuroHinotori

Well the idea was clearly not that well thought out, and it'd be bad to have a boss that can only be hurt by something like black holes, which even if there are grenades like that in the game they'd probably be a high tech tier.

15. DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

Yeah, I'm just workin' with what's there. It ain't gon' work.

If he really wants him in he could add the guy himself though! And then make a weapon or multiple weapons to fight against him. That's what will be great about the modding for this game.

16. Someone100800

Someone100800 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok so this thing wasn't exactly thought out.

17. yellowmonkeys

yellowmonkeys Industrial Terraformer

I think that there are some decent ideas here, and with some modifications this might be worth implementing into the game. Perhaps he is a novakid, born when the biggest star ever to exist exploded. He is superior to all of his kin and considers himself above all other beings. He captures others and wipes their minds with his powerful radiation emissions and forces them to do stuff. If someone thought of a good name this would actually be pretty cool.

18. Kitty Box

Kitty Box Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually thought of the starman from mario right away as opposed to starmen from earthbound.
    [​IMG]

Starsly likes this.
  19. GcSword

GcSword Master Chief

This would bee a good boss. But Only ice wepens?

20. Deathskull

Deathskull Phantasmal Quasar

I think this needs more elaboration. Where is the "orb of gantium" found? And I'm confused about this part:

Does this mean that he eats lasers that you shoot at him to heal, that he creates lasers and then eats them, or something else?

The rest of the idea seems fine to me but not very fleshed out.