1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. FormalRiceFarmr

FormalRiceFarmr Big Damn Hero

did you put pipes behind the water pump? there should not be any behind it. also I think the battery emits energy from the base so that rock might be blocking flow, place a relay over it

2. FormalRiceFarmr

is there a way to make curved pipes match the surrounding tiles when placed on the background? I find myself avoiding using them in the background because they leave a gap in the "wallpaper"

3. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

Here's what I think is going on:
    loshalp.png

Because the batteries transmit energy from the bottom space, that corner of the tile seems to be blocking the flow. Try taking out the tile or putting a relay above the devices, and see if that helps.

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  4. Starfoundry

Starfoundry Space Penguin Leader

We're definitely aware of this problem. I think that it will be possible to fix in the next vanilla patch, but I'm not sure.

5. Broken-Steel

Broken-Steel Title Not Found

will you be adding objects that generate electricity from liquids? so far all that it seems you have is solar and cumbustion.

6. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Yep.

Broken-Steel and FormalRiceFarmr like this.
  7. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Would it perhaps be posisble to make the Pipeline elements be "passable" like in Steambound?
    You know, that they are not handles as "wall".
    this has 2 reasons:
    1.: It is a bit annoying because you block your own way when you build a pipelinesystem in a narrow area
    2.: The Pipeline works too as wall for Fluids and generate a fluidpocket between itselfe and the pipeline even when the sourcepool is yet empty.

Oh and sth else.
    Hmmperhaps adding a snorkelpart to the pump?
    (perhaps as craftable part) that extends when it ginds no liquid anymore?

8. FormalRiceFarmr

that system causes horrible fps drop with just a few pipes even on a high end gaming rig. the existing starfoundry system just requires planning and practice to have great designs that don't block paths.

9. Healthire

It would be possible, of course, otherwise steambound wouldn't exist. Making pipes be tiles is a design decision though, we made them not be objects on purpose because of performance. You can place them in the background and they won't block your path.

The pump works differently from steambound because it doesn't just pump liquid from the world. What you could do is make a retractable spout that will stretch down into water, but that seems a bit silly to me.

10. FormalRiceFarmr

I agree that a kind of "extending vacuum hose" would have uses in caves and wells, but not a necessity. could be part of a separate pack of optional addons to starfoundry perhaps

11. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Another Question:
    Can the Energyrelais be put in the same Layer than the Wires?
    I ask because... it looks a bit silly when you connect cables for example for a house, to have everywhere the relay balls (sometimes even in no backwall air).
    It is cool you need no wall for them I like this real. but from the artistic design way it looks a bit silly :) Would be cool if it would be possible to "hide" the Relaispoints.

12. Healthire

Nope, we can't do anything different with the relays atm. When we can, we will.

13. jammie mann

jammie mann Void-Bound Voyager

Can the ejectors be rotated any way? mine is stuck facing left and im having to build rooms base don that only facing left, its the same with the pipe spout as well. The normal way of changing an objects direction wont work for me it just stays the same, i have seen in some giffs that they face down but i cannot make them change direction. Also are you adding in a refinery version of the power smelter? i find refining ores to pixles takes an age, i can see the only problem being the machnes dumping pixles out, as it may just spray out hundreds of single pixes rather than 1 lump sum, if it is could you not have it pass through a "power refinery into a "power compressor" and it throw out a vassel of pixels? or is it one of those undoable things

14. FormalRiceFarmr

ejectors and spouts rotate when you put pipes next to them. put a pipe on the left and it turns to the right, for example

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  15. jammie mann

jammie mann Void-Bound Voyager

they have not been doing it i tried pipes in the fore and back grounds and nothing but i just reinstalled it all now, i think it may have had a moment, it seems to work now so thats a win. cheers bud

16. geek85

geek85 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

an idea : you have made a thermometer, which is great! but can you make it an energy powered wired heater to connect to? so we could heat a place only when it'd be necessary!

17. sethlock

sethlock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it possible to create a form of tile manipulation that hides or swaps out platforms? Using the layer swapper on skyrail will just cause the rail to fall down since it cannot normally be placed as background. The closest thing I've done to a toggled skyrail was using the building scanner from the Base-in-a-box mod, and that is far from a good solution.

18. Healthire

Good idea, will add it to the ever expanding list of "Stuff to do".

We have tried and not succeeded yet. Platforms seem to work differently unfortunately. It would be great to have it working to make skyrail intersections.

19. Nessassin

Nessassin Void-Bound Voyager

Fix'd

SPiRALFACToR likes this.
  20. Healthire

Fun video, but I completely disagree about the speed of the quarry. I'd actually want it to be slower. :p

It's not made to be faster or more effective than drilling manually. The advantage it has in being automatic is sooo huge that it needs to be slow to balance it out. At least that's my opinion.

Edit: The idea isn't that you're supposed to stand and watch it dig instead of digging yourself. It's supposed to be an alternative to digging yourself, not a replacement.