1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

To use buttons you will need the wire tool and connect wire nodes with it.

2. jorea143

jorea143 Void-Bound Voyager

hi how do I make sure that pipe/pir chest adapter wont grab items I dont want it to grab? I current use a filter after the adapter but thise setup will still allow the chest adaptor to grab other items.Thus, making it like an infinite grab and return since the filter wont let other item pass thru it. I hope you get what i mean.

EDIT: I am think this is what making my game lag a bit.

3. Discohydra

Discohydra Phantasmal Quasar

This needs to be brought over to the ne unstable version at the least, since the mod API seems a little bit more finalized. I love this mod, and I don't want to see it disappear into obsolescence.

4. Healthire

Yeah we'll try to get an unstable version out soon-ish maybe. We did have a bunch of plans that are like half done though so it's a fair bit of work. Will see how much we can get done over the holidays.

5. cyclicseasons

cyclicseasons Lucky Number 13

If / When someone updates the mannequins portion of the mod for the unstable version, could it be published standalone? I've been trying to get it to work on my own and have basically only gotten it to display a blank mannequin that you can't interact with. I <3 most of the mod but the rest of it is so complicated I dare not even try to get those parts to work. >_>

6. Healthire

We'll probably be removing the mannequin. It was originally from Feryaz who made the Electric Home Defense mod, so I wouldn't really feel comfortable redistributing it as a standalone either. =/

7. cyclicseasons

cyclicseasons Lucky Number 13

Ah. Well here's hoping they implement something similar in the base game then I guess. It was all I could do to get it to display in game (Not just show up invisible).. The script or whatever involved in getting it to equip the gear you tell it to is completely beyond me. >_<

8. ravenvalentine

ravenvalentine Void-Bound Voyager

i am not sure if it actually exists or not but some one needs to make a very detailed manual to this thing i am such a tech head i had to get the mod and now i am sitting there fiddling with it and yet i can only do simple things...

9. Image Not Available

Image Not Available Pangalactic Porcupine

Out of curiosity, do you guys have any plans on adding new power consumers? I really like the concept of the mod and the power generation options are pretty neat, but considering the only worthwhile applications for energy are the quarry and the now obsolete smelter I'm hoping to see some more ways to actually utilize the generated power.

10. ravenvalentine

i love the mod but sadly the quarry makes the server freak out once i place it i get a big lag spike and then chunks wont brake nothing works and the marker item for it is not showing on m crafting list anywhere ( rather not to be told to use an other mod to get it ... that will be.. annoying )) but yea ...

11. Healthire

Updating Starfoundry for stable is quite a big undertaking so we're just bringing stuff over piece by piece. A lot of things are no longer useful, like the power smelter or liquid filler. I'm not quite sure where we're going with it right now but the first update we push for unstable will likely be fairly trimmed down and easier to use (many things removed). As for what to use energy for, or how energy should work, I'm not sure at all.

12. killajoke

killajoke Starship Captain

With the recent unstable most of the vanilla tools took some pretty heavy hits. Perhaps a rechargeable tool/ armor system that requires energy... Like an electric diamond tipped drill. Or an electric glow lamp since the normal lamp kinda got softened up, and the only source of light that is really effective is that glow effect... Also having a dump for how much fuel their is on moon planets would be rather nice. The lakes are fairly vast, and I enjoy the prospect of being some intergalactic enchiridium miner... Or whatever that purple moon juice is called...

13. Broken-Steel

Broken-Steel Title Not Found

I'm going to assume that you're open to suggestions then.

14. ravenvalentine

Warn: Missing inventoryIcon for quarry_holder, using default <--- have any one made it fixing this ? ><

the quarry marker is the only missing item from star foundry so far on my server :/

15. mtgvoryo

mtgvoryo Industrial Terraformer

Will Starfoundry get an update for the unstable(Upbeat Giraffe)?

16. kamstew

kamstew Astral Cartographer

THIS, please, nightly is the superior master race and this mod would be awesome with ship upgrades and being able to pick up liquids(holyshit) the fact that he/you hasn't released this yet makes me think he is either not currently interested in the mod or working on it currently. I personally would also really like this to be compatible with VitsotU and Frakin' Flora, they add biomes, ores and a laboratory system which would be a perfect combination with the mod, also it's really annoying when my power smelters wont take Lead/Cinnabar and my filler wont take liquid gas(im not sure if it's called that but it freezes you)/Blood water and my extractor wont even at all because there are too many modded blocks

MY BASE:
    Starboundstage1.png

VisotU gives ocean planets so i made an infinitely refilling thermoelectric but i need to think of more things to use energy on, i'm generating too much.

Anyone have ideas for large-scale energy expenditure? you can't auto-craft so a factory is out of the question and iv'e already ore magnet-ed the shit out of everything on the island and the quarry is being wierd right now, i have no idea what i'm supposed to do with all this power[DOUBLEPOST=1420620685][/DOUBLEPOST]After reading the page for a bit i can see some of the problems with bringing this mod to nightly, I'm going to sleep on some suggestions but the first thing to pop into my head was a way to convert energy into fuel for the ship either by adding echrius to the battery recipe, charging them, and then putting them in the ship for an increased yield or making the ship's fuel tank an energy node. also: a way to get things into your fuel tank via pipes, and automated crafting(if possible)

P.S. before i forget, you see my lava tank set up? i want it to stop constantly feeding laava while attached it seemed like i got the tank wire input to work for this pic but it keep wigging out and refusing to stop feeding lava into the generators, as of right now i have the tanks detached when i'm not running it

P.S.S no i didn't it's running in the picture

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  17. kamstew

no one is posting lately and I don't mean to spam like a prick but I wanted to show off my progress

my current crowing achievement is this 6 digit passcode door, for some reason i decided to group the 6 inputs into 3 integers that are the actual answer using multi ops

and ive got my new base picture, average power between 6 battery readout on the right, you can see the operators that funnel to a division op with a counter putting 6 into the other end.
    okay im done spamming
    micchek1.jpg Starbound 4.jpg

18. Broken-Steel

Broken-Steel Title Not Found

FormalRiceFarmr likes this.
  19. MrHat

MrHat Void-Bound Voyager

I remember way back in March when I first played with this mod. Me and my friend would mine out Asteroid Belts with the Quarries and built a simple trolling device involving a fan.

20. kamstew

has anyone found a way to create downward force strong enough to prevent a player from jumping/swiming/moving up?

I've decided to build some stuff from science fiction novels and I settled on the "Schrodinger's cat box" from Dan Simmons' Endymion for my first project. basically it's a morally neutral execution device where the prisoner is utterly contained in a shell of pure energy which annihilates upon any attempt to breach it's surface or change it's shape( for me a series of fans and lev pads) and an utterly random process (in the book it is radioactive decay but i don't think i have anything truly random in starbound to work with so i'm going with a large series of randomizers) which is set to trigger a sensor which releases poison into the room. a sort of combination between the death penalty and life in prison.

the mechanism is: random timer activates detector, random timer separately opens the path between signal and detector, the true signal of the random process can be detected when the path is open.

I have it almost worked out except for the fact that I can't prevent people from moving upward, i have it set up so that fans and lev pads create a box and then walls are placed where their pushing force ends to give the impression of a room, the poison and randomization systems reside the the impassable area between the fans and wall. I'm currently going to use a system of liquid detectors to detect any break in the water-filled wall.

Gravity elevators don't produce enough downward force, magnets obviously require the prisoner to be using magnetize tech, as far as i know the magnetizer device doesn't work on players

obviously they can't leave the room without killing themselves with the liquid detectors but it feels like cheating, I want it to be physically impossible to get out. any suggestions or designs are welcome

Edit: worked on it today and found that even if i could close the top somehow it will draw so much power it lags the game beyond playability, which is kind of a prison in itself. you can see the trigger device on the right, i saw it go off once before i added the function for it to lock in on posistion after turning on. maybe it's some funky quantum shit.
    schrodinger.jpg schrodinger2.jpg
    I'll link to Scribd if anyone want's to read the excerpt: https://books.google.com/books?id=-GwCfhB-xgAC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=endymion schrodinger's cat box&source=bl&ots=RN_U3IS2FD&sig=WMOewQHqZeh1-59pOWKeXYgJF0E&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WJvFVIeEK4ScNu-Sg7AH&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=endymion schrodinger's cat box&f=false

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015