1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue STARDEWVALLEYSAVETMP

Discussion in 'Support' started by Norwegian Waffle, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Norwegian Waffle

Norwegian Waffle Aquatic Astronaut

I don't know if a similar thread has been made, so here we go:

Whenever I end the day by sleeping, my game crashes and I am left with my character save file and the file "SaveGameInfo" being renamed to contain "_STARDEWVALLEYSAVETMP" at the end. This results in me not being able to find my character in the load menu. To solve this, I only need to delete "_STARDEWVALLEYSAVETMP" from the file name, but it always comes back after I sleep in-game. Does anyone know of a permanent fix?

Attached Files:

• tmp.PNG
        tmp.PNG
        File size:
        4.8 KB
        Views:
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Are you using any mods? Something is preventing the game from properly saving your data. The tmp saves, are partial writes.
      See if you have any error logs for the game.

• Norwegian Waffle

I am not using mods. The error I found also has a message that says "Ingen tilgang til banen" which is roughly translated into English as "No access to the path".

InnerException:
        Stack Trace: ved StardewValley.SaveGame.<Save>d__47.MoveNext()
        ved StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time)
        ved StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time)
        ved StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
        ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
        ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
        ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
        ved System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
        ved Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
        ved StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

• MysticTempest

That's a bit odd; I haven't come across that one before. Is your game fully up to date?
          I'd try verifying the files just to be safe; make sure there isn't anything corrupted in the game data.

Instructions for verifying files:
          Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
          Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
          After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
          Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

• Norwegian Waffle

I have already tried re-installing the game, as well as verifying the files. It hasn't worked. I'm also sure that the game is up to date.
            Why can't there just be a simple solution D :

• MysticTempest

Hrm, okay weird. Might be a new bug. It does mention the shipping menu, while crashing. Was there a specific event(witch,fairy,junimos?), or something you're trying to sell that's being repeated at night?

• Norwegian Waffle

I am not quite sure what you mean, but there were no such events... This also happens to my other characters, though, and it doesn't change if I don't sell anything.

• MysticTempest

Ah okay. Have you tried running as admin? It seems to have some permissions to be able to write those tmp files. But, if it's happening to all characters; & the files were already verified; then it might be something with your system.

You could also try reinstalling the included XNA/.Net stuff; unless you already did that when reinstalling the game. If you do, do that; make sure to give it a reboot.

• Norwegian Waffle

Well, I just tried to run it as administrator, and it worked! It's not a permanent fix, but it saves me the trouble of changing the file names over and over... Hopefully this will be fixed permanently in the next patch.
                    I probably should have tried running it as administrator before even posting on the forum about it... It seems like a pretty obvious thing to do when a software/game etc. is acting up...
                    But anyway, thanks for your help! : D

MysticTempest likes this.