1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

You don't read much, do you? I just bought the game, not the console....not that it's of particular relevance when I bought the actual PS4 Pro.

• Winterbreakisruined

Winterbreakisruined Tentacle Wrangler

Can we get an update, Chucklefish?

Feb 1 still looking good? It's only a few business days away! I haven't played this game since December 26 and I am very much looking forward to this patch.

Man, I bought this game on Dec 16. Since buying it, much more time has passed NOT playing it, than has passed while playing it...
      That's depressing.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

@Chucklefish - Feb 1st is fast approaching, would you care to give us an update please?

Will the console updates be available for download Feb 1st?

Can we have an update on WHAT they will definitely fix?

Are the PS4 music and sound f/x bugs fixed?

Your PAYING CUSTOMERS would dearly love to know.

• lwiebe08

lwiebe08 Seal Broken

Yikes! I was hoping for an early patch..I keep checking daily, but it's still not working

MitchellH115 likes this.
          • MitchellH115

MitchellH115 What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind hearing about an update or an actual date for the patch. Look forward to hearing from chucklefish on their status on the patch. Thanks, Hopefully you guys are almost finish.

• scanga4

scanga4 Tentacle Wrangler

How about an update on the PS4 Pro shutdown/hanging issues? I have a real hard time believing if this was happening on PC and hanging/crashing windows boxes it would have taken this long to patch it. It would have been pulled from Steam/GOG right away probably. But took you guys about a month or more to even reproduce the PS4 Pro issue. Now i understand the xbox1 save file is a very serious issue too and that should be fixed right away also but common this is hanging the Ps4 Pro's OS up? Give me a break. You guys might say its a Sony problem and i guess it very well could be, but i haven't had one issue with any other games(and i have DOOM and that plays fine too. others have suggested that game did it also) And i own this game on PC/PS4. Maybe that just makes me a sucker. You guys have got plenty of money from me already. I will never purchase another game from CA or CF.

DarthTrethon likes this.
              • Smokey McFisher

Smokey McFisher Space Hobo

I got this this game 4 days ago on Xbox 1, it now will not even turn on, it just crashes at load screen. I have seen this type of junk on xb before, games that are junk but sold anyway for quick money. You have dozens of paid customers wanting a time frame that you refuse to give. I am calling MS and getting my money back today, liked game but it's trash, pls do not buy from this company anymore people.

• mrZ

mrZ Space Hobo

From what you've told us, testing should be done by now (if it went smoothly). Its been 4 days since we last heard from you. It seems like you would have told us if testing went well. Should we assume that the patch will be delayed again?

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

The PS4 and XB1 patches were submitted this week, and should be available next week, most likely around Wednesday. It isn't possible to predict exactly when it will go live, but we'll keep you updated when it does happen!

See my previous post for the changelog:

Sony have confirmed today that I can tell you that the PS4 Pro issues associated with Stardew Valley are a system software bug, and not caused by the game. They've informed us that a fix is coming in the next major system software update, but we (Chucklefish & Sickhead) haven't been told when that will be.

Oscarrah, Hawaiian, Trev9316 and 7 others like this.
                    • Winterbreakisruined

Winterbreakisruined Tentacle Wrangler

Yay!!!!!!! So freakin excited.

Now. Do I dare play the game immediately after the patch goes live, or should i wait a few days for my fellow xboners here to playtest the patch for me and confirm it doesn't cause WORSE bugs??

Hmmmm.....

Oscarrah likes this.
                      • Ganluan

Ganluan Hey, You!

Wow, that's great news Sony has identified the issue affecting PS4 Pro users as well. Crazy something like that only affects a couple games, I wonder what's causing it?

Glad to hear it's submitted, looking forward to being able to play again.

JephistheMAN likes this.
                        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

@tccoxon Thanks for the update, great to hear that the patches have been submitted and that Sony are fixing the PS4 Pro issue.

However, no music/sound fx fix for the PS4?

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Not just yet, but we're looking into those issues.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I see, thanks.

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Wonderful news! I applied to enter the beta stage of that software update so I'll report whether if the issues are fixed or not a bit ahead of time if I make it in. Happy to know the issue has been located and addressed.

• DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Ok but if it's just that simple then how come none of the other hundreds of games on PSN cause this? Surely there is something very specific that only Stardew Valley does that triggers the problem.....nice of Sony to be fixing this but I don't think it's as simple as "Sony's system software fucked up".

• Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tentacle Wrangler

Actually other PS games do cause the same problem.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

A number of other games have the same problem, Doom for example.

• Jhimzsxun

Jhimzsxun Space Hobo

Hello, I'm in Year 2 Summer 19th. I was playing my game regularly when I messed up my farming and ended up selling a melon that I had to put in the community center. I ended up exiting to the title menu. I tried to load my save file but it keeps crashing. I'm honestly very upset because I spent over 43 hours on this game already making tremendous progress. The date and time this happened irl is ( Jan 28, 2017 at 1:50 am). Please help. I forgot to mention I'm playing on the Xbox One.

• Xxlifehunterxx

Xxlifehunterxx Star Wrangler

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.