1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLtheKid

WLtheKid Poptop Tamer

Chucklefish needs to have their most recent message show at the top of every page. Would help mitigate a lot of the same question being asked.;)

• BIG SH0RTY

BIG SH0RTY Poptop Tamer

Agreed! So happy that a fix is on the way, but lots of people still posting here. Hopefully we will all be able to access our saves again soon :)

• Bousf

Bousf Aquatic Astronaut

Good news for PS4 Pro players! I will paste here my post on the thread I created, all the days and weeks of research led us to a temporary solution to play the game without risks while Chucklefish fixes the problems!

"I would like to report on an update. I followed igi0909's advice and opened Spotify, left it at the login screen, then pressed the PS button and opened Stardew Valley. I timed 3 different running sessions before pressing the Share button:

-Timed 2 minutes (which led me to issue mode on previous tests) and had no issue.
        -Timed 10 minutes and had no issue.
        -Timed 15 minutes and had no issue.

All of them happened in the same session, so I'll now do the ultimate test by leaving the game running without pressing the Share button for a significant period of time and then report on whether if it all works or not. Everyone CROSS YOUR FINGERS, if this works Chucklefish just got some extra time and we got a non-obnoxious troubleshooting measure.

EDIT: Game has run for two other sessions:

-40 minutes with no issues
        -1 hour with no issues

It would be wonderful if more people could test this! Open Spotify's app on PS4, press the PS Button, open SV and play as much as you fancy, then press the Share button. If media previews load then we have an error-proof way of playing Stardew Valley until the fix happens! If you come across issues, please report so in the thread on the subject so that we can at least be cautious.

EDIT 2: One more update for everyone! I left the game running for SIX HOURS with the TV off (issue mode would've given me audio but no video plus all the other problems) and the game works wonderfully, system turned off beautifully after 6 hours of SV running and EVERYONE: I think you can play Stardew Valley on your PS4 Pro safely now, even if it implies running Spotify first!"

I am so glad to be able to play without worrying about my system anymore, I'm also happy that all the research led us to this and I thank everyone who took part! Now Chucklefish, make sure you fix this without the alarming pressure you had, we are counting on you ^^

More testing on the subject would be highly appreciated as well, so if you have a Pro and you want to give this a go, please do so and report your findings in the thread I created, regardless of them being good or bad. With all that's been said, all that's left is: HAPPY FARMING!

ravyn4077, Starcade03 and Typhoon like this.
        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

@Bousf - excellent work from yourself and those who helped out. :)

Bousf likes this.
          • Christinem88

Christinem88 Seal Broken

Xbox one console
            I have only just had this bug happen to me. I have try loading my game several times throughout the day. But it doesn't matter what time is the day it is my game still crashes. I have put about maybe 74hrs into this game and have done quite a lot in it. I am on the second year autumn time.

When i start the game up it is all fine, but when i click on load save file it will only let me move the cursor around for 2 seconds on the screen then it freezes. But then it will shut down the game and go back to my home page on my xbox one.

I will continue trying to load my saved game in hope it unfreeze itself.

I already had the bug where if you speak to the guy in the Museum the game freezes then shuts down. But but continue playing the game anyway in hope for an update to fix it.

I hope this information helps and i hope you get the bug fixs soon as i would really like to continue on with my game please.

Thanks

Albynoman likes this.
            • Gormel

Gormel Poptop Tamer

It sounds like what they said was that any save made before the patch could still possibly be screwed someday, so that makes me nervous. It could just be that it wasn't clear.

I don't think we should let them off the hook completely. Sure, its a relief to finally hear about some progress, but I can't help feeling they have been doing the 9 to 5 during this whole thing without giving a F@%#. They didn't even mention the unloadable saves in the last list of things they had fixed/were working on. I guess we got lucky that someone stumbled onto it.

• Miku84

Miku84 Space Hobo

I've been trying to figure this one out for awhile. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I was thinking it was operator error!

• jcreddog00

jcreddog00 Space Spelunker

• WarmSourMilk

WarmSourMilk Aquatic Astronaut

Xbox one crashed during loading file. Gets to the controls load screen then returns to opening title.

1am eastern time 1/18/17
                    21:30 hrs gameplay, 13 of fall year 1
                    First time I had shut the Xbox off before closing the game first after it had saved

I've been talking about restarting earlier today... is there a bug for karma?

Albynoman likes this.
                    • Chibi-sama

Chibi-sama Intergalactic Tourist

Is anyone else having issues with trying to hatch a blue chicken on Xbox One? I've been restarting the day my egg hatches to get a blue chick. The egg seems to hatch a yellow or brown chick just fine, but twice so far, the game will freeze, then crash all the way to the Xbox home screen after naming the chick.

• Leemanchester05

Leemanchester05 Poptop Tamer

Its on the known issues list on the first page

Albynoman likes this.
                        • Elentari

Elentari Seal Broken

Thought this information might help: My daughter had the mine sharing glitch, but it was the first and only character she has. It seems her level 25 mine was inherited from her sister's separate account.
                          My son, also on a separate account, has the load issue and it seems to have occurred after testing various wallpapers/flooring then trying to reload. (Also of note, his kitchen flooring had disappeared a few days prior, replaced by the same floor as the main room.) Hope some of this is useful.

Typhoon likes this.
                          • Chibi-sama

Chibi-sama Intergalactic Tourist

Okay, thanks

• Ganluan

Ganluan Hey, You!

@tccoxon I know you asked us to wait for a couple days, now that we have - do you have an ETA yet on the patch since the save/load issue was identified?

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

We're still working on the fix and the repair code, but we've got a better feel for how long it will take now. A few more days to finish that, a few days to thoroughly test the patch, and then we'll submit it. ETA early February.

Hawaiian, Chazprime, Enansal and 3 others like this.
                                • TJBain

TJBain Poptop Tamer

Damn.... was hoping for sooner. Bought the game on Xbox launch was able to play it for roughly a week, and not since then.

• McPoo

McPoo Orbital Explorer

Yeah, on the one hand it's great to get an ETA but on the other, that's still a way off yet.

Albynoman likes this.
                                    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the update. What other bugs will be fixed in the patch?

How about the PS4 Pro Rest bug?

Have you also managed to fix the music and sound f/x bugs yet?

• Bob dole 37

Bob dole 37 Lucky Number 13

I posted this thread in the wrong place earlier so ill do it correctly here.

Hello, I need help with my game file in stardew valley.

Tuesday January 17th at 3:40pm (Alaska time zone) my game fails to load my save file and kicks me back to the title screen every time. I had around 80+ hours put into it and need help recovering the file somehow if possible.

I play on xbox one console
                                        Xbox account: Bob Dole 37

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
                                          Albynoman likes this.
                                        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

@tccoxon - do you still require Xbox owners with load / save problems to send you their ID's and give permission to access their saved data?

Albynoman likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.