1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toiletpaper

Toiletpaper Space Hobo

Xbox One - two saved games unable to start.

Started a game before patch, and suddenly saved game was corrupt, unable to load and throws me back to title screen at each load. 9th of winter.
    New patch came out, but didn't get solved. Thought i need to start a new game, but thankfully (looking at the patch notes ) this wouldn't happen again.
    So started a new game. and i happened again today. 8th of fall. Unable to load the game.

now i got two games unable to load, and unable to get any support. It dosn't seem developers care about this issue at all.
    Last happened when i died in the cave. went back, and saw i lost my sword. so i might've just replay the day. i quit via the Ingame UI to title screen, and wanted to reload the day. But then it was suddenly unplayable.
    I've always used the ingame UI to quit the game, and not console shutdown.

i would demand a refund if i could, because this is balls that i lost so many ingame hours, unable to play the game properly. Get it together and fix it, or recall it from the store. Because if you respect the players at all, you wouldn't let them experience this stupid bug, until you have fixed it.

• Bug Report Account

Bug Report Account Void-Bound Voyager

Standard PS4 version 1.02.

First farm completed all 120 levels of mine, created a second farm but all 120 levels are already accessible. No chests on the key levels making all Stardrops unobtainable. Im 41 hrs into my new farm (102hrs overall) would appreciate a fix not requiring a new save. Thanks.

Also, deleting first farm did not fix the issue for me.

• TJBain

TJBain Poptop Tamer

I just started having the same issue as many many others here. I can not get my game save to load. The game worked great yesterday 12/24, but as of today 12/25, every time I try to load my save file I crash back to the game title screen. I am over 80 hours into this game nearing the end of year 2. I hope this problem can be fixed, it seems to be happening to a lot of people. Hard reset of my Xbox 1 did not help.

• Trev9316

Trev9316 Tentacle Wrangler

Similar to me. Last thing that happened in the game was I died in the caves. Then next day I tried to play and I can't even go to loading screen or start a new file. Nothing loads even new files. Tried uninstalling and restalling game. Nothing fixes it. Currently unplayable.

Goblobsters and SharkHoarder like this.
          • IH8YH

IH8YH Seal Broken

PS4Pro does have some weird issues:

After playing Stardew Valley other games and as it seems other applications also, do not work anymore.

Examples:
            - The Division will get stuck in the first loading animation after launch (ONLY happens after playing SV)
            - Skyrim Special Edition will get stuck in the Menu screen. Dragon Graphics and leathery background will load but no menus will ever show up
            - GTA V will get stuck during load at 90%

WHILE playing Stardew Valley:
            - Uploading screenshots wont work from the XMB quickmenu
            - Accessing the Capture Gallery will get you stuck on the Capture Gallery Icon and the only thing that you can do that is access the XMB quick menu (holing the PSN button on the Controller) but nothing there works

Powering Down:
            The System will ALWAYS crash for me when i try to power down after playing Stardew Valley. the HARD crash with the 4 alarm beeps and an immediate reboot.
            Sometimes the system will get stuff in the "putting the PS4 into rest mode..." screen and the only option to get it outta there is to pull the power cable.

THESE ISSUES NEED TO BE FIXED ASAP as they could potentianally DAMAGE the console with all these crashes!!

• rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

As I have posted in other threads, my PS4 pro hangs when trying to enter rest mode after playing stardew valley. Does not happen with any other game. It happens every time and forces me to do a hard reset of the system. I am not sure how to describe the problem better but I know others are having this problem too.

• Midnight Ryder

Midnight Ryder Poptop Tamer

PS4 Pro hard reset on rest mode and powering off tried lots of stuff still having the issue even deleted the game after playing still got the hard reset glad to see I'm not the only one but still needs to be addressed asap

• Jamison1850

Jamison1850 Space Hobo

I recently bought Stardew Valley for the Xbox One, but last night ran into a big problem. I can select my saved game. But it won't load any further, and boots me back to the start screen. I've hard booted my Xbox but it doesn't fix the problem, like I'd hoped. I'd previously noticed the music randomly stop, only for it to start up once again five or ten minutes later like it never stopped. It's really odd. And very confusing for a new player.

Goblobsters and Kongfoojunkie like this.
                  • Jennyweatherwax

Jennyweatherwax Poptop Tamer

Hi
                    Playing on ps4. I started another game wanting to try out all the different farm styles. All goes well except for at the mine where all the levels unlocked on the first game are unlocked and no chests on floors that gI've out the reward weapons and stardrop. Very annoying seeing I want to try the different farms and have different games to play with mood I am in and not just have one game at a time.
                    Other than that I have had no problems. Just annoying that the mine is unlocked by first game so now my fisherman has to either find or buy missing weapons and boots and lose out on a star drop.

LucaNatoli likes this.
                    • Jennyweatherwax

Jennyweatherwax Poptop Tamer

Same problem here

• Jaybit

Jaybit Poptop Tamer

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
                        Goblobsters likes this.
                      • Vril

Vril Seal Broken

I too am having this exact issue. Whenever I walk too close to the middle area of my farm land it crashes. Luckily I can access most of crops without the game crashing. I'm contemplating trying to get through the day to see if the next day still has the issue, or even if getting to the next season clears up the issue.

For the devs of the port: I just had the crash happen again at 10:41 pm EST 12/25/16 on Xbox One with the GamerTag "Vril"

• LucaNatoli

LucaNatoli Space Hobo

Yes I too encountered this. After trying a new save to "try" out a new farm style, all the levels of the mines where unlocked and all chests already looted. This too needs to be addressed as it kind of breaks the "new" second save game. So just going to continue the first save until fixed.

Added: PS4 / PS4 Pro version here.

• Pallydanny

Pallydanny Space Hobo

I'm having an issue on year 1 fall 22. When I go south past my crops and they are in sight on the screen my game crashes and launches me back to the home screen. I can move south if my crops aren't on the screen but soon as they come in sight it crashes. Xbox 1, Dec 25 @ 1001pm mountain time.

Goblobsters likes this.
                            • JRat88

JRat88 Poptop Tamer

This is completely unacceptable. I now have two save files that are corrupted and crash to the concerned ape screen when trying to load. Considering the vast numbers of people experiencing this glitch there is no way you wouldn't have found it if you had tested this game properly before pushing it to production and charging people for it.

I hope you are all working over time trying to get this fixed, but frankly I'm not sure how many people will still be around when you do. This level of irresponsibility in publishing a game without thoroughly testing it, then failing to quickly fix an issue your paying customers had to find for you that literally prevents them from continuing to play the game really doesn't bode well for your chances of continuing to exist as a company.

My crash occurred on 12/25 dozens of time between 11:50pm and 12:20am EST.

• Albynoman

Albynoman Poptop Tamer

My save file won't even load, it just returns to the title screen. I first noticed it at about 1pm or so (Melbourne, Australia time) today and have been trying it off and on since. Looking forward to being able to play this excellent game again soon!

Goblobsters and Typhoon like this.
                                • pakkunlizardx

pakkunlizardx Poptop Tamer

Platform: Xbox One
                                  Bug: Save file not loading. Kicks to title.
                                  First Occurrence: 12/23/16 approximately 12pm CST.
                                  In game time: 75 Hours, Fall 18ish Year 2.

Details of previous activities -
                                  I normally just turn off the xbox (into sleep mode) when I'm done and normally don't close the game. When I loaded it up the sound was wonky so I quit the game and tried to reload but was kicked to title screen each load attempt. I had just saved and left the house before turning off the box the night before.

The community center was completed a couple days before.
                                  I had planted fruit trees on the tiles of the green house.
                                  I got an iridium bar drop from a dark spirit and I attempted to ship it and an iridium ore the day the community center was completed the first time but the game crashed on save. Lost progress for that day. (No I didn't get another iridium bar.)

I hope to god I don't need to replay 75 hours as I'm attempting to perfect the game achievement wise. Let me know if you need any more details.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Chucklefish reps - are any of you still reading this thread? Can your suffering, frustrated and angry paying customers have an update on any progress regarding fixing the very serious, game breaking bugs please?

Happy Christmas, and thank you.

• Kongfoojunkie

Kongfoojunkie Seal Broken

I'm right where your at. I no longer want to deal with this, I have two save files that are unplayable, one was made after my main farm crapped out on me.
                                      I'm very dissapointed that we have all spent money and time on a broken game...
                                      Btw happy holidays

• Albynoman

Albynoman Poptop Tamer

Have tried reinstalling the game and doing multiple hard resets. 99 hours in, please tell me I haven't lost my save file because that's a lot of time down the tubes and I'm going to have a major sense of humour failure pretty soon.

Matiasmeb, Goblobsters and Typhoon like this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.