Stardew Valley Wiki Webpage Certificate Expired?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TraciP, May 26, 2019.

1. TraciP

TraciP Seal Broken

Hi. I just was notified via Safari, that the "Trust Certificate" for the Stardew Valley Wiki webpage expired today and my device won't let me access the page until the certificate for the site is updated. I get a warning on my iPad whether I access the wiki page via direct addree input or via the official StardewValley.net wiki link. Is there a way for the developers or webmaster for the wiki page to be notified of this so I can get back to using the wiki page? Thanks!

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IDK about notifying people, but if you click "Advanced" on the warning that the certificate is expired, there should be a link letting you ignore it and go to the page anyways. It's pretty small, because they don't really want people doing that, because there could be viruses or something? (not sure exactly what the certificate means) But if you trust it to actually be the Stardew wiki site and to be safe, you can use that option as a workaround.

TraciP likes this.
      • ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

I actually had the same problem with this website, but I went to the advanced options and clicked to go here anyways. Weird.

TraciP likes this.
        • Lew Zealand

Lew Zealand Orbital Explorer

Same in Firefox and Safari for me. You can always add the exception but it'd be better if the cert can be updated so we don't scare off anyone new due to the security warning.

TraciP likes this.
          • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Whatever it is/was, it's either a local problem on your end, or it has been sorted out by the website, because I can get on there just fine

TraciP likes this.
            • Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, looks like they fixed it :)

TraciP likes this.
              • ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

Yup, it's fixed now.

TraciP likes this.
                • TraciP

TraciP Seal Broken

Ya, I just waited til the next morning, and the site's webmaster had renewed the certificate so all was good within hours! Thanks!

They had updated the website's certificate by the following morning. Looks like the safety certifications are only good for a few months before they have to be renewed. It's so our antivirus software and browsers' safety features know when to warn you if a site might not be safe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2019
                    ShaneLovesChickens likes this.