1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

2. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Possible workaround for fishing rod bug:

"Workaround on switch is to go handheld and disconnect joycon which will open inventory, then drop the fishing rod. I was frozen until the end of the contest but once the time ran out i'd be able to walk again"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...m_chucklefish_on_switch_bugs_october/dogfvxl/

• Kitkat6270

Kitkat6270 Lucky Number 13

I didn't but doing everything the same and not making the burger was fine so I guess it was the burger...

• Kitkat6270

Kitkat6270 Lucky Number 13

So shanes 10 heart event just glitched, I saw the rest of the crowd above where me & Shane sit but not either of us, so I didn't get to see the scene play out. This did happen with another event, forget which number but its the one where he buys Jas the shoes.

Kirty! likes this.
        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Emptying the fridge at bedtime would propably allow you to still make the burger.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
          • Sub-Zero78

Sub-Zero78 Seal Broken

Ok that did work, thanks! Could not even see the cursor, like you said it was all the way in the upper right. One issue down
            :p

Alisuu and Kirty! like this.
            • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Somebody else with a Geodes bug:

"I have noticed a bug with the magma and frozen geodes giving waaaaaay too many multiples of one type of mineral or gem with some other stuff thrown in. It hasn't happened with the other geodes, regular and omni. I mentioned it on the sub a few days ago and other people are having the same issue."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...m_chucklefish_on_switch_bugs_october/dogizw5/

alicat1235 likes this.
              • Faildokn

Faildokn Space Hobo

Every other night my game is crashing now (have kitchen upgrade). Season is winter and it doesn’t matter what I do, the game will crash when I sleep. I’ve tried not putting anything in chests, just walking around, not eating, game will save and then the next night it crashes.

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

Open your fridge, and put some item into it. Or empty it into a chest. Does either of these help?

• grouchy_ghost

grouchy_ghost Void-Bound Voyager

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

alicat1235 likes this.
                  • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I knew that the Prairie King minigame in the saloon will crash if you hit the '-' button but I didn't know that the following would also cause a crash:

"I know the optional prairie king mini game in the saloon can crash the game if you try to exit it without dying."

BassForever on Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443101&page=57

• gmaraps

gmaraps Space Hobo

Hello

I don't know if that's the right place to post so sorry if it isn't..

I have the crush before sleep problem..

It happened Day 6 Summer 2nd year when I tried to upgrade my copper axe to iron..
                      If I try to play without leaving any tool for upgrade the game continues normally..
                      After some trial I found that I have the same problem even if I left a tool in a chest...And that happens only with tools..
                      So in order to continue playing I must have all my tools in my inventory..
                      I don't know what else to try but for the time being I can't continue playing without upgraded tools..

I hope there is a fix soon..
                      And sorry for my English..

• M.Oudekerk

M.Oudekerk Intergalactic Tourist

hello, just a stardew fan here not sure if this is the place to post this but here we go.
                        I Have had a few crashes when i tried to sleep but those aren't that bad to me, nor are any of the other things. what i truely wish i could do is move the cursor with the right joystick when i'm in a menu. i really wish to rearrange the mess that is my donation pile in the museum and i can't right now.

also about the can't place in the lower section. pick up an item move it downward so the screen moves downward. place it back in your tab and pick it up again, the tab will now lower itself a bit more and you should be able to place it however you like

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

- Sleep crash bug (being fixed by the devs) - as a workaround empty the fridge into a nearby chest just before sleeping (if you don't have a fridge please give more details)

- Accessing places the cursor can't reach (this too is being fixed by the devs) - another workaround is to disable the in-game option ‘Use controller-style menus’

M.Oudekerk likes this.
                          • gmaraps

gmaraps Space Hobo

I have a fridge but it was always empty...I never used it..

So thanks to you I found a solution to my problem..The game is crushing if i leave any of my tools anywhere..I must have all my tools with me...But if you leave a tool in the fridge there is no problem..And if you leave a tool in your fridge you can leave other tools anywhere..So I left one in my fridge and one for upgrade...And it worked...I am so happy right now..
                            Thanks for the idea Typhoon..

LokiTheKhajiit and Typhoon like this.
                            • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

No problem. You'll in fact find that leaving ANY item in the fridge should also act as a workaround for the sleep crash bug. Most people prefer to empty the contents into a chest before bed but sometimes people add an item to the fridge instead.

LokiTheKhajiit and Rekz like this.
                              • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff