1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Sub-Zero78

Sub-Zero78 Seal Broken

So been waiting on this game for switch and pasted on other versions. Really enjoying it (was enjoying), but have run into a lot of issues. One is the audio glitch that seems to appear after a couple days of a game reset. 2nd I am not able to place any items inside my house any longer. With the exception of torches and things like the crystal that makes sounds when you touch it. No pictures, if i pick up my table i cant replace it etc etc. 3rd I am in the cant save the game crew. I did just recently upgrade my pickaxe to gold and I upgraded my house so i do have items in the frig which i see a lot of people mentioning. Hope you guys can get this sorted out relatively soon..The game is really charming but I don't want to corrupt my save file. If that happened i would not play again with other titles on the horizon. Thx

• Willyam

Willyam Space Hobo

I'm on Winter 2 Year 1 now.
      With nothing in fridge - Progressed fine
      Put something in fridge (Nothing else done) - Progressed fine
      Cooked something, put ingredients in fridge - Progressed fine

At this point I'd like to point out when I experienced this bug, I was trying to upgrade my tools. Let me progress a few days until I can pick up/upgrade my next tool to be able to test that part of the bug. I'll update with further investigation.

Edit:
      Winter 3 Year 1
      Just putting stuff in the fridge, then picking up tool from Kent/upgrading new tool - Progressed fine
      Cooking, putting ingredients in fridge, then picking up tool from Kent/upgrading new tool - Progressed fine

I've got to say, I'm pretty stumped on our little bug. I guess I'm going to just play normally and report back when/if I get the crash again.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
        Typhoon likes this.
      • HyperFlux

HyperFlux Void-Bound Voyager

Update on this. The softlock happened again. During the ice fishing competition i performed 2 succesfull launches from my current spot (screenshot link below) then the third i misjudged the power and went a bit too far. The launch failed and it reset to the position you see unable to move. This took a lot of options away so i guess another link between my interactions every time its happened is a failed fishing attempt. I guess i would still technically be using a new rod due to the competition peramteres?
        Newest screenshot:
        https://imgur.com/a/orPM5

Typhoon likes this.
        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Some nice detail there, many thanks. Fingers crossed that all remains okay when you pick up or upgrade your next tool.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Lazuli_00

Lazuli_00 Space Hobo

Yeah, I'm on my year 2 fall 11 when I got the evil crash. Tried playing the day several times until I got fed up with it and just went to sleep right after waking up. The next day(in game) I got the crash. So I decided to create a new game, check it out if the second game will do it, everything's fine. After playing halfway through spring I decided to play my game save. This time I didn't upgrade my tools and went to bed before noon. I also went to sleep on the other side of the double be. Saved just fine. Did the same the next day and it was fine. I'll be trying to sleep later but I'm quite hesitant to wait until night to sleep. We'll see

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for the info. Do you have a fridge in the first save and, if so, have you tried this fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...rdew_valley_important_info_re_workaround_for/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

Thanks for the response but unfortunately none of this worked. Being docked did not work also. I still get the message pop up

Typhoon likes this.
                • Lazuli_00

Lazuli_00 Space Hobo

Typhoon likes this.
                • Kitkat6270

Kitkat6270 Lucky Number 13

Queen of sauce is bugging big time for me, I never get any new recipes. On new and rerun episodes it's always coleslaw and stir fry, nothing else. Those are the only 2 recipes I've ever gotten from the show and I'm almost done with the first summer already.

• Lazuli_00

Lazuli_00 Space Hobo

So, on a sunny day, I went an upgraded a tool. It's a different tool than I did before and there's been no issue with the accursed sleep/save crash like before. Yay!:nuruawe: I'll see if the other tool will do anything when upgrading it but it good. Oh, and the donations, for me to get the bottom row I pick the item and scroll down as far as possible then click the item back in my bag and click the item out and I'm able to put donations on the bottom row.

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

For placing items in your house, it can be a bit of a dance. It seems that the game tries to position them into squares that are too close to you, if you move the items by walking around. Instead, when you have item selected, you should be able to freely move it around with right stick, without moving your character. Even that way, you need to have your character close enough to the spot to want the item into, and facing that spot (for some reason) but it still gives to freedom to step out of the tiles you want to place your item into, then move it there with the right stick, and press Y to place it.

• Taterpoof

Taterpoof Space Hobo

Bug: crash on sleep/save

So I tested it multiple time to see what would happen. The way I got the crash was I had 44 eggs in the coop both void and white (I know I'm a neglectful chicken owner ). I picked up all the eggs and cooked 44 fried eggs. I then shipped the eggs and tried to sleep. It crashed so I did it 3 more times and it crashed. Then I did the day without the eggs or cooking and no crash.

Hope this helps!

• Sub-Zero78

Sub-Zero78 Seal Broken

Thanks but I'm not sure that will help but I will try. For instance when I pick up the table and try to place it again i dont even get the green tiles on the floor to do so. Its as if im not selecting the item. Tried it with the table, pictures the bear that you get for the library etc etc.

• Kirty!

Kirty! Poptop Tamer

A workaround that worked for me in terms of not being able to place furniture "on top of a person" was to use the right joystick while holding the item. I picked up a table and bought a calander then couldn't place them against the north wall, but then I moved the right joystick around and it became a cursor. As long as I moved out of the way I could place table wherever I wanted and the calander.

*Editing to say I just noticed this was mentioned. Well, confirming that it works on my end!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
                              Typhoon likes this.
                            • Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

If you have the item, table in this case, selected in the inventory row, and then twiggle around your right stick, does the table stick to it. It tends to start from far top corner of your screen even if the stick is judt lightly touched so that might be what's happened to you. It could have been unexpectedly somewhere near edge of the screen so seemingly disappeared. Also if you have it, but get red placement square, it means you're having your character either too far, or facing the wrong way.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

That's annoying. I'm not sure what else to suggest right now I'm afraid, maybe somebody else here has an idea?

Alternatively, to anyone from Chucklefish reading this, can you help yochriss please? Thanks.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Stay up past 2AM playing on the Switch

"This requires playing on the switch in handheld mode.

At 2:00, when your character just starts to doze off before a late night mugging, you can interrupt the sleep animation by detaching a joycon from the screen. The game normally disables a pause in this moment, but the joycon detachment pauses the game, and when you unpause you can continue walking home. Every ten minutes after 2:00 your character will start to doze off.

I made it home safely at [half 3 am] after some late mining."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/76nc0x/stay_up_past_2am_playing_on_the_switch/

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017