Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jt_1258

jt_1258 Void-Bound Voyager

ya know how when your in front of a crop that can be harvested you can't press y to use tools if there is a harvestable crop in front of you? this seems to apply to broadly in that if your to close to even crops that are harvested with a scythe you can't use it, meaning you can't cut through all your crops as quickly
    I heard others here have had this issue

• baosao74

baosao74 Space Hobo

Hi,

I'm having a game crash issue immediately after a wedding.

After the "But the future looks bright!" text comes up and I acknowledge it to make it go away, the game tries to load me up back at my house as it should be doing, but then the software is closed because of an error.

This happens every single time I load the game, and since the wedding is the beginning of the day, I can't try anything different before the start of the wedding.

Any one have this issue before or know how to fix?

Much appreciated!

tenshinzo likes this.
      • Lerfy

Lerfy Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a Joy-Con issue - In handheld mode (I don't have a TV to test it in docked mode), every time I put the Switch in sleep mode/turn off the screen and then re-enter Stardew from there, it asks me to re-pair the Joy-Con by pressing L + R. Every single time. If I'm playing Stardew, then go to the home screen, then turn off the screen, then go back into Stardew from the home screen, it's fine. But if in Stardew itself, the aforementioned issue comes up. No other game (7+ I've tried it in) has done this, so it seems isolated. Anyone else? I don't see any other search results anywhere where anyone else has posted they have this issue as well :/

• HyperJ

HyperJ Void-Bound Voyager

So I guess support for this game has ended after just one patch? Pathetic Chucklefish. Just pathetic.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Community Manager Chucklefish

We're still reading reports and working on fixes for the multiplayer update. Thanks for the reports everyone, please continue!

• Simmili

Simmili Void-Bound Voyager

The game has now become completely unplayable for me on the switch.. Among other issues, I just can't plant anything anymore, when I plant something it just doesn't do anything... I get the little "planted" sound, the seed is no longer in my possession, BUT nothing on the ground.... I'm on my first year Winter...

• Katzeus

Katzeus Community Manager Chucklefish

Which seed are you trying to plant specifically?

• Simmili

Simmili Void-Bound Voyager

I just tried again with mixed seeds, caulifower seeds, strawberry seeds and sunflower seeds. None of them worked :(

• baosao74

baosao74 Space Hobo

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. You know certain seeds only grow during certain seasons? Cauliflower, for example, only grows in the spring. You can read the built in tool tip and it will tell you when the seed will grow.

It will never grow in the winter.

• baosao74

baosao74 Space Hobo

@Katzeus Any experience with this game crash issue?

After I load the game, the wedding immediately starts, completes as normal, and when the game tries to load me back up at my house, it crashes.

Can't try anything different because the game loads right into the wedding every time.