1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Fantastic! Thanks a lot to you and your colleagues for working so hard on this.

I wonder how long it will take for Nintendo to approve it? Any ideas? Days? Weeks?

• Don Serrot

Don Serrot Void-Bound Voyager

Y'all added the recording feature too? Sweet! That'll be nice for sharing how our farms look better than trying to splice together screenshots.

• poptartsicle

poptartsicle Space Hobo

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported in here yet, but I've been running into an issue when undocking my switch. I have 2 pairs of joy-cons, one set that is always on the switch for portable play, and one set that is off the switch that are used when docked.

If I remove my switch from the dock mid-gameplay, the joy-cons on the switch are unresponsive and can only be used to go to the switch's home screen. In order to get the joy-cons to work in-game, I have to go into the system's controller settings, and select "change grip and order". Has anyone else run into this? Definitely not game-breaking or anything, but it goes against the idea of seamlessly transitioning from docked to portable.

• epu708

epu708 Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you for the update, waiting for the patch.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

• SunnyWindy

SunnyWindy Void-Bound Voyager

I've had this issue as well, but this looks like a Switch issue and not a Stardew Valley issue.

• shadowkyle

shadowkyle Void-Bound Voyager

I know it's already been submitted but every time I've gotten the save/sleep crash bug, it's always seemed to be food related.
              The first time I got the bug was when I made a Maple Bar. I just took a random guess that it was what crashed my game after a 3rd playthrough of the same day, I didn't make the Maple Bar. It saved and went to the next day.
              Next time, very recently was from picking up the Algae Soup in the bug lair.
              This last time I've encountered it again when picking up a Miner's Treat. I bought a few from the Dwarf and crashed at sleep. So I played through the day again without buying them. The next day, I picked one up in the Skull Cave and it crashed at sleep.

I hope this helps a bit.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

To "fix" it prior to the patch release, at the end of every day REMOVE then ADD one item to your fridge and chests. You may get away with doing this just with the fridge, but if the game still crashes do the same to both the fridge AND the chests.

• Luniar

Luniar Intergalactic Tourist

Heya, two issues i've noticed that I have not yet found in this thread:

#1 Summer Luau event does not properly trigger. The mail alerting me to the festival arrives, the prompt that the festival has started triggers. The beach is not blocked off as part of any kind of festival build up as it normally is, instead the beach is fully accessible throughout the day and the whole festival does not appear to be there.
                  #2 The Spirit's Eve festival does not properly trigger. Again, the mail alerting me to the festival arrives. Downtown is fully accessible throughout the day. At 10:00 PM there is no prompt that the festival has started. Visiting downtown after 10:00 ends up in a normal version of the town. (Throughout the day I travelled across the map, including downtown, and did some mining.)

Upon noticing the festival did not trigger I turned off Stardew Valley and booted it back up to start the day anew. This time around the mail alerting me arrived as usual. I did not visit downtown during the day and instead did some fishing in the forest south of the farm. Again at 10:00 there was no trigger alerting me that the festival had started and travelling downtown once again landed me in a normal version of the town.

I did not have any tools being upgraded, I did have Robin work on my house upgrade during the Spirit's Eve festival. (She also follows her normal routine of leaving after dark to return home through the downtown area.) Hopefully this can help in narrowing down why this is happening.

• Programamcer

Programamcer Space Hobo

The fishing softlock happened to me during the Stardew valley fair fishing event- I had cast, reeled up a piece of seaweed and cast again but accidentally released quickly. Doing so caused the player character to stand as if idling except the rod was still extended. Even after the timer ran out he was stuck, and I had to reset. I haven’t been able to replicate this, and I’ve tried.

• KittyOfInsanity

KittyOfInsanity Space Hobo

I've read that other have encountered this baby-related glitch, and the comments for it said it'd be a good idea to report it, so hopefully this is helpful in some way:

*My character, Alice, gave birth the night in between Winter 20/21 during the 2nd year to a girl, Anvay, her 1st child. The baby was stuck outside the map the day after the night birth event, just above the upper left hand corner of the second story, and her body was mostly gone (one tile's worth of body was blacked out; her head was all there, though).
                      I had gone to bed after 1230 am for the 20th day (I can't remember exactly what time, just that I made it to bed and didn't pass out). Married Harvey (Spring 14, Year 2), restored Community Center (during Fall of Year 2), and bought all house upgrades (Cellar finished Winter 7ish(?) of Year 2). I put the starry wallpaper (the one with color), and starry carpet in the nursery. The items I placed in the nursery were the big blue bear, in between the bed and the crib, and the Standing Geode, in between the two little beds. (I moved the Standing Geode to the lower right corner and moved the big blue bear between the beds after this glitch in hopes that maybe the bear was blocking the baby from spawning or something. Idk how this stuff works, but just in case...) At night the baby was in her crib, then the next day (Winter 22) she appeared in the "master bedroom" area, crawling around (which I assume is normal).
                      --During this "escaped baby" glitch Harvey runs around the house, mostly between the upstairs and downstairs (like when you block a character from moving, and then they dash away from you after the "..." pops above their head).
                      --Harvey now has 2 status bars under the "Social" menu (started the day the baby-glitch happened). This part of the glitch stuck around. (I'm only on Winter 22 right now, though, so that might change.)
                      --Also, when I pick up a decor, it kicks the last item in my on-screen (HUD?) menu (seemingly no matter what it is) down to where the decor should go. I didn't notice a problem with that before, so I assume it's related (though it might not be).
                      I've had a similar issue where a large brown egg spawned to the right of the inside of my 2nd Big Coop, outside the map (a couple spaces from the coop). It disappeared when I upgraded the coop to a Deluxe. Don't know if those are related in any way.

Other, non-related glitches:
                      *I've also encountered a glitch where I went to go catch stuff falling off the train, and the Wizard's cut scene played. The train whistled and made noise throughout the scene, and completely passed, so that when the scene was over, the train was gone, even though I'd been about where Linus's tent is when the train started.

*If I'm walking during any calendar event/festival and pull up the menu, my character keeps walking while the menu is up.

*Harvey's 10-heart event was out of shot (kept scrolling up until the characters were out of view). I could see the dialogue bar and his facial expressions because of that (and maybe the top of the balloon? I can't remember), and that was it.

*Occasionally (VERY rarely) a crop that keeps producing more than one back of crops will glitch out some other crop (I think it was when the crop was between its normal crops--maybe). Apologies that I can't give more details, since I can't remember much more than that. It wasn't a bad glitch, so I didn't pay much mind to it...

[So glad Stardew Valley is on the Switch and that I can finally play it. :) It's been lots of fun! Keep up the great work!]

• Umbrella001

Umbrella001 Space Hobo

I have found that if you go to sleep BEFORE 11, it does not crash. Every crash has occured with me going to bed tired. I have tried 3 times consecutively after crashing and it worked! Let me know if this works for you!

• Umbrella001

Umbrella001 Space Hobo

I found that if you go to sleep when you are tired the bug occurs. I have tried this after three seperate crashes and it worked!

• Transmatrix

Transmatrix Seal Broken

So, umm, any updates on the status of this patch? It appears like Nintendo's patch approval process is a little glacial...

Parafox and Typhoon like this.
                            • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I second this question. :)

Nintendo's approval process is appallingly slow, seemingly especially for indie titles, I can't see how this is a "good" thing in any way, shape or form. Surely it will put off indie devs if they have to wait to long for software to be approved?

Parafox likes this.
                              • aaeonfox55

aaeonfox55 Space Hobo

When will be available the patch for Stardew Valley on Nintendo Switch..!?? It was posted more than a week ago but is not available yet..

Parafox and Typhoon like this.
                                • Parafox

Parafox Void-Bound Voyager

I guess there's still no ETA then? It's almost unbelievable how slow Nintendo can be. The patch was submitted two weeks ago and still nothing. :(

aaeonfox55 and Typhoon like this.
                                  • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Tell me about it, it's utterly ridiculous.

aaeonfox55 likes this.
                                    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• wildhalfling22

wildhalfling22 Void-Bound Voyager

So I don’t know if this is a bug or just a element of the game but it annoys the crap out of me so when I’m using something like cranberries to make wine I’ll be sitting there walking diagonal holding A to put the berries in the keg it’ll put a few in then ask to eat a cranberry when I don’t want to eat one I just want to put the berries in the kegs to make wine

aaeonfox55 likes this.
                                      • valerihala

valerihala Void-Bound Voyager

I can't deal with the static anymore, any update on the Nintendo patch submission?