1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jjk9

jjk9 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the update, I had a feeling that testing might be making it take longer, you fix one bug and it can interact with the code in weird ways and create new bugs elsewhere which we definitely don't want.

• jkhero73

jkhero73 Void-Bound Voyager

A temporary solution I've found is to place the item on a different shelf, then move it from there to the bottom row.

Typhoon likes this.
      • Flukemeister

Flukemeister Space Hobo

Posting as recommended through the Discord chat:

On the Switch version, I have the missing triggers for Heart Events bug on two separate files. Leah's 10 heart won't trigger (and yes, I have met all the necessary requirements), and Penny's 10 heart letter/invitation never showed up. (same as before, all requirements and previous heart events seen/met). Since we can't access save files on the Switch, are there any resolutions to continuing those relationships in-game? Or am I gonna have to start over again and hope that the RNG gods are nicer this time around?

• Zyzic

Zyzic Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but occasionally I won't be able to use my Scythe tool when harvesting wheat/amaranth/kale/any other crop that's harvested with a Scythe. It seems to work fine for grass. Pressing Y in front of the crop results in no action taken. I usually need to walk away from the crop, swing the scythe a few times, then turn back to the crop and it'll start working.

I have also experienced the issue of my character continuing to walk when engaging with an NPC during a festival or event. If you don't release the joystick before talking with the NPC then your character will continue walking in the direction they were traveling just before you engaged them.

austinatlantis likes this.
          • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I've certainly seen the second one reported a few times, not sure about the first.

• yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

• treemandan

treemandan Intergalactic Tourist

Regrading "Softlock during museum donation"
              This happened to me when I went to donate an item that I had more than one of and tried to donate them all at once instead of selecting only one. had to restart my day at least 3 times before i figured it out

• IAmVianca

IAmVianca Void-Bound Voyager

I have also experienced this problem as well.
                I actually have to move around the crops pressing the Tool Action Button and hope that it would register and the scythe would work. Sometimes it does, other times it doesn't.
                The same goes for our Playable Characters continuing to walk, though the problem for me seemed to be more frequent during the Fall Festivals as I have reported in an earlier post.

austinatlantis likes this.
                • austinatlantis

austinatlantis Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a possible bug I've encountered that I can't find any information on: When I have crops that need to be harvested with a scythe, the scythe won't swing if I'm standing too close to the crops on either side. I have to back up until it lets me swing so I can harvest them. I don't have this problem when using the scythe on grass or weeds.

Edit: I see I'm not the only one with this problem!

• EmberJewel

EmberJewel Space Hobo

Hello, something I'm not seeing mentioned is the community center bundle rewards bug that is affecting a lot of players. When I complete a bundle i select the gift box and I watch the sprite take an item to the hut and nothing in town changes and I do not receive am item or new building for the farm. Fixing this would complete the game play. Thank you!

• Distorsion

Distorsion Space Hobo

Might have already been reported.. I've noticed that if I place a crab pot in either pond (on farm property) it never picks up any trash. I've left them in there for seasons and nothing ever comes up. Is this true for other ports of the game?

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"So this is a glitch I encountered today. Holding the Y button with the Watering Can equipped would cause interactions with random tiles. I found no pattern to this. I just held the Y button and ran around. At first I thought it was harvesting crops without consuming the harvest, letting me harvest them twice. But I quickly realized I was harvesting tiles far away from me.

I even end up interacting with a chicken and opening a gate while holding the Y button and running through my crops.

I'm not sure if this a Switch only glitch, or if there's other items you can equip to trigger it."

Video in this Reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/7awyu8/switch_glitch_more_info_inside/

• pokepicker

pokepicker Space Hobo

New here.
                          Should I make a new thread for my bug, or just leave it here? And I have been investigating a couple bugs. Does one create a new thread for each bug, or should we make one thread covering them all at once?

There seems to be a gamepad problem when it comes to using containers (chests, cheese presses) that are placed in corners to the north, or above the player.

Looking at the wiki article for the optimal shed layout, we are finding ourselves with six unusable containers.

This issue is reproducible, and consistent. Image attached with description. We are two Nintendo Switch players, and one PC gamer with this issue. The PC user is using a Xbox One controller.
                          We have tried with the "Use controller-style menus" both ON and OFF with no difference.
                          [​IMG]

Note:
                          Sorry for essentially double posting this post. I realized that I had put my comment in a totally different thread then intended.

• LouisV8

LouisV8 Intergalactic Tourist

New here too.

And this is exactly why I have all my setups without the "upper" parts as shown in stars. The workaround is that, you hover your pointer (using right analog stick) and move it to the jars, and then press A to collect it. I couldn't be bothered to do that every single time, so I just switched those spots with furnitures (lights, etc).

• to-the-unterzee

to-the-unterzee Intergalactic Tourist

I have encountered the exact same glitch, in similar conditions. While holding the watering can and pressing Y to water some crops in front of me, some crops a few tiles below and to the right were harvested. To water the crop I was aiming at, instead of unvoluntarily harvesting, I had to stand in a very specific place in front of the crop: I must be on its right, not to close, not too far, and exactly facing it. One pixel apart from this position and it wouldn't water the crop, but start harvesting elsewhere, below on the right.

The crop I try to water when the glitch happens is set on a tile of the first line that you can farm under the house, more precisely, on the tile that's just below the last column of tiles of the house, on the left side.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
                              • to-the-unterzee

to-the-unterzee Intergalactic Tourist

Hello everyone!

I think I have encountered a glitch (or you could say two), concerning torches in the house, on the Switch.
                                Early on in the game, I placed a torch on the wall, on the inside of the house, on the tile directly to the right of the door. There was no new pieces of furniture in the house except for the base ones + 3 chests, set on the opposite wall. The house wasn't upgraded yet. First problem: I tried to remove the torch, but could't manage to do it: neither with an axe, or by just clicking Y on it... I tried many combinations of buttons (combinations of "keys"? - not a native english speaker here): nothing worked. However, I have no trouble removing the little picture with a tree that's hanging on the wall when you first come into the house. The game saved several times, I turned it off and on again, but the torch remained unmoveable. I played the game on PC before, and this never happened.
                                A while later, I upgraded the house by building the kitchen. And a new problem with the torch added up on the morning where the upgrade was complete: I still can't remove it, and on top of that, the light halo, that previously glowed around the torch, now appears on the left of the door, along the wall under the kitchen, while the torch is still displayed on the right of the door.

I hope that I haven't missed a solution already explained in the thread or in the forum, and made a double-post :)
                                Good luck with solving all that!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"I'm playing Stardew Valley on the Nintendo Switch and just raised my friendship status with Linus to 3 hearts. I received mail from him the following day saying he attached a sashimi recipe, but I haven't actually received it. Is there any way to fix this bug? I also tried restarting the day but still no luck."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/7bhxwt/sashimi_recipe_bug/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I keep seeing the following issue crop up and thought I'd highlight it as it is, in some respects, a bug - basically people are thinking that they have paused the game/put the Switch to sleep yet the game keeps progressing day after day. It seems to be related to NOT putting anything in the box for Lewis to pick up at night. There's some reports in these threads:

"I paused the game and put my Switch to sleep yesterday and today a full week has passed in game. I put the game to sleep day 28 of spring right before summer, but today when I boot the game it's 8 of summer. Did I miss some mechanic I didn't know about?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/7becsp/i_just_lost_a_week_in_game_on_switch/

"So today is a day off and I'm playing in the valley having a great time. Midsummer, looking forward to the few birthdays so I can score extra friend points. Along comes my toddler (my real child, he's 4) asking for lunch I end the day and pause the game. Or so I thought.... After I feed us lunch i take some time to see to some housework and brew me some coffee. I sit back down (at this point the screen has gone black because of inactivity) wiggle the mouse to see my little farmer in bed. Its 12:50pm. It's the 20th of summer. I thought I paused the game on the 14th of summer..... 5 days gone. Well at least I didn't miss a festival..."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/7bfwkj/5_in_game_days_gone_forever/

• ODST_Marine24

ODST_Marine24 Void-Bound Voyager

I have been getting a bug on the Switch version that I haven't seen reported elsewhere. I do not receive any hay when scything grass. I constructed a silo first and it wouldn't let me gather any, so I thought I might need a coop as well so i built one of those as well, but I still don't get anything from grass.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

The patch has been submitted to Nintendo for final review. All issues marked (Submitted) in the OP are included.

If you're seeing a bug not in that list please make sure the details have been reported in this thread. We're aware there are still a few lingering issues which aren't addressed in this update. Thanks again to everyone who's reported so far!

paperstarships and Typhoon like this.