1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. megaluigiman

megaluigiman Big Damn Hero

As for the soft lock when fishing, I had it occur during the fair mini game. My sideways and frontways sprites got mashed together with my fishing rod (screenshot available when I’m home if needed). It was almost as though I moved before I was supposed to as the game had just started and when my timer hit 0 I was just stuck there. Unfortunately I was unable to replicate again, after trying different inputs at different times.

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

Did you try pressing B to cancel? For me, if I was placing a new item, it returns me to the inventory selection. Doesn't help if moving an item though, but usually by then I have been able to place the item to their old spot at least.

• Net Ranger

Net Ranger Space Hobo

I was placing a new item, item places, normally I'd click OK or press B and exit the donation view, but neither of those do anything, can still move cursor round etc and game appears to be running, just stuck in that view

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

1. When turning in bundles, I've been able to get multiple same rewards because the reward package didn't disappear when I collected so I was able to collect it probably close to 10 times. It was on the Night Fishing Bundle so for the Small Glow Ring
          2. Similar to the above, when turning in multiple geodes, it'll almost lock on a certain stone/item and give you that item back to back to back repeating over and over up to 10ish times
          https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...witch_version_has_some_pretty_unique/dotd2g3/

• jodie

jodie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am having a crash during saving. I've narrowed it down to being related to upgrading my tools. It is not related to cooking. The only thing that consistently causes the crash when I go to sleep is if I take a tool in to Clint to be upgraded. I've tried different tools, and it doesn't seem to be related to a specific tool. It occurs with any tool. FYI: I have gold level most weapons, lower for hoe. So I have been able to upgrade previously.

• alphabetamax

alphabetamax Lucky Number 13

I just made a unique thread for this issue, so I apologize if this or that posting is redundant. I keep running into the same issue with the Switch version. I can start the software fine, I see my save file, the loading screen with the controller layout appears, but then the game crashes and displays "The software was closed because an error occurred."

I have to repeat this loading process between 3-6 times before it usually loads like normal, inexplicably. Once it loads, it plays as normal with no crashes, unless I close the software and try to boot it again. Restarting the Switch itself doesn't seem to have any effect. I checked to make sure I don't have any gaps in my fridge, chests, or inventory before I go to sleep.

I haven't seen too many others with this specific issue, so I'm not sure if it's related to the sleep crash bug. I am in the fall of Year 1, and have upgraded my house to include the kitchen. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide that would be helpful.

Typhoon likes this.
              • Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

Sounds a lot like THE bug, and while you're right that it's not caused by cooking as such, it's not caused by tool upgrade as such either. It occurs when you are missing some tool from your inventory, the game then checks your other inventories form them, such as chests and fridge. If any of those have spots that were emptied in non standard inventory handling way, that will cause a crash. However, cooking a spot empty from a fridge, as well as trashing an item rom a chest when you have full inventory are about only ways to cause it. Since upgrading tools is the most common reason to not have them on your person, it can easily seem that the upgrading is a cause.

https://community.playstarbound.com...e-sleep-crash-bug.137961/page-13#post-3226961

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

This sounds more like the load crash, yes. I seem to recall that there is a way to see the error log on the switch system. (If not before, at least after this weeks system update) I'm not sure how thorough it is but if it has any details beyond just the error message saved, it might be of use for the devs.

• YoruYoYo

YoruYoYo Space Hobo

I'm having the baby glitch. I couldn't find any other posts related to strictly Switch related baby glitch but I saw it was a known glitch on other platforms as well. My poor partner was so happy to have the baby....even if it is stuck in the wall.

Attached Files:

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Foreverking

Foreverking Intergalactic Tourist

I'll add mine in with the list of crashes when going to bed.

Its winter year 1 and it has only happened twice that I've bothered to try so far. It happened the first time on day 18, then I tried again and was able to pass the day then it happened on day 19. The only thing that was the same about those 2 days that I can think of is that they were both the first times I used the cheese press. The first time I did not have any tools upgrading and the second time I did have my axe upgrading.

Based on a lot of comments I've seen similar to this issue it appears that it tends to start at winter year 1 as on my multiple farms that I've made this is the first to have the issue on and it's also the first to make it to winter.

• M.Oudekerk

M.Oudekerk Intergalactic Tourist

heya back again.
                        i have a normal farm file where i somehow managed to trigger the 10heart event for Leah while i have not given any bachelor or bachelorette a bouquet in that file
                        also got mail telling me i should find a mermaid pendant and i'm not sure if that only triggers once you've reached 10hearts with someone or not

• Lovely Beast

Lovely Beast Orbital Explorer

My game just softlocked on me in the fishing shop. It was Summer day 9, and I took a task that morning with the 'Wizard 0 monsters bug' (not knowing it was an uncompletable task). I went to the mines, realized I forgot my sword and decided to go to the beach to fish instead. I went to go buy some bait, and (not sure if I placed the cursor wrong or if it was part of the bug) I bought 4 soups instead. When I tried to put them in my inventory, I was able to move the cursor with the joystick but the selection buttons didn't work (neither did + or -, but that could be normal in shop menus). Since I couldn't do anything else I restarted the console to end the session (sleep mode didn't work). I hope this helps, let me know if I can provide any further information.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"Duplication glitch on the switch"

"Just wanted to inform everyone on the switch who is interested, but the 1.2 golden pumpkin glitch does work on the switch, allowing you to duplicate the pumkin several fold, i would share screenshots but i had accidently gone to sleep and it saved after i had done it. Simply search the 1.2 golden pumkin glitch and it should show up, in order to allow you to drop items on the ground which is needed for this glitch to work, simply go into the menu and turn off controller style menus Everything else is the same"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/78ugas/duplication_glitch_on_the_switch/

• Twispby

Twispby Space Hobo

Was your pickaxe in slot 1 of your inventory?

I just lost my golden axe! It was in slot 1 and I lost it when I was grabbing mayonnaise out of the mayonnaise machine. The mayonnaise replaced my axe.

It’s not in any chest, or the fridge and a new axe wasn’t sent the next day.

I was in the 5th day of spring in year 2 when it happened. I think my playthrough is done until there’s a fix. Please help!

• Moonie_valley

Moonie_valley Space Hobo

I'm in winter year 1 and having the sleep crash bug too.

At first I thought the game didn't like me removing too many trees at one time as I was wanting to clear an area on my farm.

I was also trying to upgrade my watering can from copper to silver to which I determined was the cause of the crash for my game.

To deduce whether it was only doing so with my watering can I tried upgrading my other tools from silver to gold and that being the only thing I would do for that day. Again the game crashed.

So the only issue with my game is that it crashes when I sleep if I try and upgrade any tool that day.

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

There is a known bug where your chest like inventories can have "bad spots" but they don't cause problem until you are missing a tool from your inventory. Open each of your chest (and fridge, if you have kitchen) and add one thing in each. It is most propably the fridge since leading cause for this bad spot is emptying a slot in fridge by cooking. It could have been a while back since it doesn't cause trouble before you're missing a tool.

Moonie_valley likes this.
                                  • TheMiffinKing

TheMiffinKing Void-Bound Voyager

I've also had success with just auto-sorting my fridge after clearing it out. If you just take everything out of the fridge manually (without cooking) sometimes the empty-slot glitch will still cause the game to crash. You can tell if the glitch will cause your game to crash if the cursor is still in the fridge window while it's empty upon opening it. Hope this helps! Honestly the best thing for now is just don't have anything in the fridge and make sure it's sorted just in case.

• Katanagunslinger

Katanagunslinger Space Hobo

Buttons unresponsive.

Fall Year 1 Day 6.
                                      Community Center. Placing in items for Fall forage package. Plugged in USB-C charger. (Undocked, 3rd party charger, Chotech.) Unplugged charger.

Immediately after, nearly all button inputs completely unresponsive. Only Home and Screen Cap buttons worked. Closed game in Switch Home menu.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff