1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. gmaraps

gmaraps Space Hobo

You are probably right but I tried it only with a tool..Thank you again..At the moment i am playing every day and it was to hard for me with this problem..
    I am going to return to my Switch now..My farm needs me..

Alisuu and Typhoon like this.
    • NinjaBox

NinjaBox Intergalactic Tourist

In first quest i cutten not give the axe.

And i get problem with fishing.
      Some times its go to fast up snd down.
      That hard on a key botten.
      Why not make you can fish with the cursor.

• CaledonianSun

CaledonianSun Space Hobo

Hey folks, I've got an ongoing bug on my first save file where the TV says that it's going to rain tomorrow, every day. I'm not far enough into Spring yet to see if town event notifications on the TV will override this but I'll update this post with my findings when I get there.

I have started a second file and can confirm that the bug isn't present on the second save file, just the original one

Typhoon likes this.
        • winetime

winetime Void-Bound Voyager

I had a sleep crash before I did the house upgrade. I had the pickaxe upgraded to copper, possibly the axe to copper as well. I had gotten probably at least up to floor 30 of the mines. This was in the back half of summer. I didn't think anything of it since I had been playing for 5+ hours and I didn't have any issues saving that night.

The second crash happened on summer 27, I had just upgraded the house and I had my watering can in the shop being upgraded to copper. I had gone into the mines, I think I got up to floor 80 that day. I had cooked one of every food I had access to with my kitchen and I put most of them in the shipper. I also shipped some produce. Petted my chickens. I quit for the night after that so I didn't go back to try anything different.

I had the static sound issue which was fixed by closing the program and hard resetting the Switch. The second time it happened the static was less noticable. It went away on its own after a few in-game days.

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

The fishing works just as intended. The few times you get a fast movers are the hard to catch fishes you are supposed to have hard time with, until you get better fishing skill, fishing rod, and ability to attach lures that can help you in catching them. I know they look impossible when seeing them near the beginning of the game. Also, generally about fishing, you don't need to keep tappping the butting to get the bar up, if you keep the button pressed the bar raise very fast. However keeping it in certain spot requires learned skill in the tapping speed.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

I just posted some info and workarounds in the sleep crash bug thread:

The tl;dr is add or remove an item from each of your chests to remove gaps. A fix is coming in the next patch.

EDIT: I shouldn't have used the word 'sort'. The 'organize' button in chest interfaces doesn't remove gaps, it just shifts them around. I've edited the text to say to 'add or remove an item.'

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
                Kirty!, Typhoon and Katzeus like this.
              • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
              • Rekz

Rekz Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I have a minor bug to report. I got a crab pot stuck in the diagonal side of the farm pond closest to the house. The game let me place it with the cursor but afterwards could no longer reach it to bait it or retrieve it. The cursor will highlight when I appear close enough to the pot, but clicking A doesn't retrieve it. I think I might be too far away? It's not game breaking, but it personally makes my eye a little twitchy.

Typhoon likes this.
                • UnsureSherlock

UnsureSherlock Orbital Explorer

Minor bug - Unable to plant wild seeds in winter. Using the actual crafted seed packet works fine, but attempting to plant the "Mixed Seeds" item found when cutting bushes (in the mine for example) drains the items from your inventory but does not plant them.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Could this be related to the already reported present giving bug?

"So, I noticed this right now, when i was giving Haley a Sunflower. She was on her way to the park near the Community Center. When I was giving her the present, Sam was passing near her, so near that when I gave her the present (I gave it to her clearly, they weren't on the same tile, maybe 1-2 tiles away from each other), the one who responded was Sam, saying that he loves the item. Then I talked again with Haley and she thanked me too for the gift (although it seems Sam recieved it). To confirm, I went to the social tab and saw that both Sam and Haley counted it as recieved, giving both of them a X in the presents box."

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/7770rq/glitch_with_present_giving_switch/

• cenho09

cenho09 Space Hobo

(My first post)
                      Ok, just encountered this bug. It is not a softlock while fishing in general, the game softlocked when I did the fishing minigame during the Stardew Valley Festival thing on the 16th of fall. I'll see if I can reproduce it and will get a crappy phone recording of it happening.

Essentially, once the character enters the game, there is no walking animation or casting animation. As soon as I cast the line, the character got stuck in the "casting" position. You lose all control over the game at this point. Even when the timer hits 0:00, it doesnt boot you out of the minigame.

• 420kbps

420kbps Seal Broken

Minor bug - if you do not put any items in the chest that sends the items before you sleep, you will not be notified of the date when you wake up.

Alisuu and Typhoon like this.
                        • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

"First of all I'm playing on the switch so save editing doesn't exist.

I donated Ancient Seed to the museum I got the Ancient Seed reward but after opening the tap I realized I don't have space so I went to discard some junk but when I returned there was only the seed and not the recipe and it's nowhere to be found. I looked in the crafting menu and nope there's no Ancient Seed recipe at all. sadly I didn't give it much of a thought and saved. Now that I decided to farm Ancient Seeds I can't get it at all! I asked gunther but he doesn't have the recipe and as I side I'm 100% it's not in the crafting menu. I googled it and found many resolved this bug by save editing but as you know the switch doesn't have such thing.

HELP :("

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal..._ancient_seeds_recipe_disappeared_in_nswitch/

• silvexo

silvexo Aquatic Astronaut

Just reporting a small graphical glitch my girlfriend found on the south side of the river-based farm seen here.

[​IMG]

Not many other issues to report other than the ones already known. The upgrading tools crash was a bit frustrating until we found the reported workaround. We're anxiously awaiting an update for the crackling audio that causes us to basically mute the game. Totally understandable how some of this got through testing. We're still happy with how it turned out!

Thanks for making such a great game!

ryatchi and Typhoon like this.
                            • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

@silvexo - a temporary fix for the audio crackle: set your Switch to mono audio output (do note that there are two Switch settings for audio, one for Handheld, one for Docked).

• silvexo

silvexo Aquatic Astronaut

Is it something that you have to set for both docked and handheld even if you are only playing docked? We've seen that fix and made the change a couple of days ago for docked and are still getting the crackle. It just happened again right now.

EDIT:

Just checked and it's been Mono in handheld as well.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Not sure, just passing on something that I read in various other places and haven't had the time to test it yet.

silvexo likes this.
                                  • Doodlephlox

Doodlephlox Yeah, You!

I'm getting a bug where I can only put wallpaper on my walls in my home. I have only upgraded my house once, and I am using the farm plot that has a mining deposit. I've tried putting up art pieces and windows. I also can't remove the starting decor off of your walls.

I was also hoping that there would be a way to remove the lightening flashes from the switch version of the game as they tend to give me headaches. Maybe someday?

Thank you!

• Alisuu

Alisuu Space Spelunker

Mixed seeds always contains crops of the season (or if planted in greenhouse, crops of any three growing seasons), not the forage items. There is no crops on winter season and thus the mixed seeds do not produce anything in the winter. And it is normal behaviour that you lose seeds which you plant on wrong season. The craftable seed you mention produces wild seeds for winter forage items which are the only plants growing in winter outside of the greenhouse.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Mixed_Seeds

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
                                        Typhoon likes this.